Many of us spend hundreds of dollars trying different kinds of procedures and beauty products in a bid to get youthful skin. If you are still on the lookout for one remedy that will definitely help erase fine lines and smooth out wrinkles, without any side effects, then a face massage is what you need. What’s more, these massages can be done by yourself, in the comfort of your home, with the oil of your choice, making it easy to sneak it into your skin care regimen. So forget about expensive procedures and facelift surgeries as we tell you here how to massage yourself a facelift.
How to Massage Yourself a Facelift
Choose an oil
It can be any oil of your choice – be it olive oil, coconut oil or sesame oil. You can also use carrier oils like jojoba oil or grapeseed oil. To this, if you want, you can add a drop of two of your favorite essential oil, making it an aromatic massage. Remember to use a lighter oil in case you have oily or acne prone skin. Adding a touch of tea tree oil will help prevent breakouts.
Read more about oils that can be used for massage here
Cleanse your face
Make sure you wash your face and hands to remove any dirt and grime in them. Once you have washed your face, gently pat it and set to work on slightly damp skin.
Massage yourself a facelift
- Keep the massage oil handy. Preferably, sit in front of a mirror and do this. Tie your hair up and secure it with a forehead band or a bandanna so that the oil does not get into your hair.
- Dip your fingers in the oil and start with your neck.
- Neck – With alternating strokes from each palm, massage yourself in upward strokes, from collarbone to chin.
- Full Face– Now apply oil all over both your palms. Starting from either side of the jaw, move your fingertips upwards to the sides of the mouth, to the sides of the nose, to the middle of the forehead, around the eyebrows and stop with the fingertips at the temples and the hands cupping your face. Do this 3-4 times to warm up the facial muscles.
- Jaw Line – Now place the middle and the index fingers just above and below the chin and move your fingers along the jaw lime, towards the ears, in a sweeping motion.
- Start again with both the middle fingers at the chin. Move them upwards along the smile line and end the stroke at the bridge of the nose. Now spread your palm and starting from your mouth, massage your cheeks in an upward movement till the ears.
- Place your middle and ring finger of the right hand at the bridge of the nose. Move it between the eyebrows and gently upwards until you reach your hairline. Next, oiling both hands, move the right hand in a sweeping stroke from left to right and the left hand in a sweeping stroke from right to left. Repeat a couple of times.
- Eyes – Place the tips of the index, middle and ring fingers of both hands at the beginning of your eyebrows. In a gentle movement, massage along the eyebrows on both sides until you reach the temples. Place the ring fingers at the inner corners of the eyes. In a gliding but gentle movement, move it along the eye socket, underneath the eye, until you reach the temple.
- To finish the massage, slightly pinch the skin all over the face and then cover it with both palms to relax the facial muscles.
Doing this regularly will help you gain expertise and you should be able to finish the massage in less than 3 minutes. So go ahead and massage yourself a facelift that will give you youthful and glowing skin.
Read more about facial exercises that will give you a facelift here