A strong chin plays a key role in making a beautiful face. It leads to a better profile not only by adding definition to the face but also creating symmetry and bringing balance to different facial features. But what if you are not blessed with an ample chin naturally? Is surgery the only solution to chin deficiencies? Can you get a chin makeover without putting up with all that swelling and soreness? Well, the non-surgical chin augmentation is actually possible and you are about to get the answers of all your questions here. Keep reading to know everything about chin enhancement without surgery.
About Non-Surgical Chin Augmentation
Non-surgical chin augmentation is a non-invasive procedure in which injectable dermal fillers are used for enhancing the chin and making the profile more attractive. It is a fast and highly effective alternative to surgery and works the best for people with average to moderate chins. Even though the results of chin enhancement without surgery are temporary, you can expect an everlastingly natural look with time. Furthermore, it is a pain-free procedure with minimal to no risk and swelling involved.
Also Read – A Brief Guide To Chin Augmentation Here
How Does The Procedure Work?
In non-surgical chin augmentation, small amounts of hyaluronic acid dermal fillers, such as Juvederm Voluma, Radiesse, Restylane, etc. are inserted into a certain portion of the chin with the help of a small needle. These injectables are basically small spherical calcium-based particles present in a water-based gel which, when injected into the chin, can alter its shape, size, and projection as per the requirements of individuals. A numbing cream named ‘lidocaine’ is also applied all over the chin in order to make the method painless through local anesthesia.
It is essential to use only FDA-approved dermal fillers in order to avoid potential risks and complications.
The total time you require for undergoing a non-surgical chin enhancement is 30 minutes, which can be divided into two separate sessions of 15 minutes. However, there must be a gap of 3 to 4 weeks between these two visits.
Also Read – Chin Injections Vs. Chin Implant – Which Is A Better Choice? Here
Downtime And Recovery
The best thing about non-surgical chin augmentation is that it needs minimal to no recovery period. There may be a little pain, tenderness, and dull aching in the treated area up to 3 days. Mild swelling, inflammation, and bruising are also pretty common for the first few days. However, all these symptoms disappear automatically just within a week. Also, you can get back to your regular work schedule right after the enhancement with some cover-up on your chin.
Longevity Of Results
The results of non-surgical chin enhancement can last from 1 to 2 years. If you opt for Juvederm, the effects can be enjoyed up to 2 years. Choosing Radiesse will give you a look that will stay up to an year or so with touch-ups every 6 months. You can even try Restylane for short-term outcomes where the changes will last for 6 months.
Also Read -Fat Fillers – Benefits, Cost And Side Effects Here
Risks And Complications
Being a non-surgical and non-invasive procedure, it does not come with adverse side effects or potential complications like traditional surgeries. This procedure does not make use of any solid implant, which ensures that there is no risk of displacement or infection of implants. Typically, the dermal fillers get absorbed into the skin and become a part of it.
The costs involved in one session of the non-surgical chin enhancement is lesser than the traditional surgery. In order to go through this procedure, you might have to spend anywhere between $1,000 and $1,500. However, it can vary based on the type and the amount of filler used.
Pros Of The Procedure
Chin enhancement without surgery is a good option if you are not yet ready to give the traditional chin augmentation surgery a go. Here are the advantages you can enjoy by choosing it:
- Chin enhancement without surgery is not at all invasive. Hence, it has no significant side effects or potential risks associated with the procedure. All you may experience is a little swelling and soreness for a short period of time after injections.
- Being a non-surgical procedure, it has minimal downtime. You do not need to stay away from your regular work and activities for weeks or months. Rather, you can resume your work almost immediately after going through the process.
- Chin enhancement without surgery is reversible. It means you can get your actual facial feature back if you want. As the results are temporary, you can simply skip the maintenance sessions and return to your original condition.
- The results of this procedure are instant. So, you do not need to go through a long uncomfortable period. In fact, it can be performed in just a ’15-minute break’.
- Non-surgical chin augmentation can be used as a perfect ‘trial’ for a full-fledged chin enhancement surgery. If you are planning for a traditional surgery, this procedure can give you an idea about the possible results. It will help you define your chin and jawline beautifully so that you can undergo the surgery afterwards without any doubt or fear.
Also Read -Get Youthful Skin And Beautiful Features With Soft Tissue Fillers Here
Cons Of The Procedure
Just like other cosmetic procedures, non-surgical chin enhancement also comes with a few disadvantages. Following are some of them:
- The outcomes of non-surgical chin augmentation is temporary. You have to go for repeat sessions after specific intervals in order to keep up the perfectly-sculpted chin.
- You cannot customize the results of chin enhancement without surgery. Even though you will be given a handheld mirror during the procedure to see where exactly the filler is going to be pushed, you cannot control the final look.
- If compared with a traditional chin augmentation surgery, the non-surgical alternative is more expensive. It may be quite affordable at the outset, but the overall price of multiple sessions will never ever seem so.
Did You Know?
When injected into the skin, dermal fillers get absorbed by our tissue and take on their own characteristics. Hence, the product does not become noticeable. The skin at the treated area also does not get hard to touch.
Also Read -Evolence Injections – Benefits, Cost And Side Effects Here