No matter how much you care for your face, a pair of dull, tired, and aged-looking eyes can spoil your efforts. When your age catches up with you, the first place where the fine lines and wrinkles appear is around your eyes. Hence, taking care of your eyes while following a beauty regime for great skin and a complexion is paramount. Under-eye creams formulated to prevent premature aging can help you with this purpose. Here is a list of the ten best anti-aging eye creams in India that you can choose to show some love to the area under your eyes.
What are Eye Creams?
Eye creams are cosmetic products that keep the under-eye area healthy by treating issues like dark circles, puffiness, and fine lines. Available as creams, gels, serums, or roll-ons, these specialized items moisturize the skin under the eyes thoroughly while tightening it up for a more youthful and radiant look. Some of the most common ingredients of eye creams are antioxidants, peptides, vitamin C, hyaluronic acid, etc. This helps reduce the effects of oxidative stress, stimulate collagen production, increase hydration, and enhance brightness in the under-eye area. (1) Choosing the suitable under-eye cream with the most beneficial ingredients depends on identifying your unique requirements.
Eye creams should be chosen very carefully for sensitive skin. They must be hypoallergenic and free from synthetic chemicals and fragrance that can irritate the skin and cause adverse reactions.
Why Use Anti-Aging Eye Creams?
The skin surrounding your eyes is notably thin and delicate compared to the rest of your face, and it becomes even lighter and more fragile with age. Additionally, the muscles in this area are frequently used during activities like blinking and expressing emotions, contributing to issues such as dryness, dark circles, puffiness, dullness, discoloration, and wrinkles. These factors can result in a tired and aged appearance, emphasizing the need for intensive moisturization. Unfortunately, the under-eye skin lacks lubricating glands to keep it hydrated and nourished naturally. The solution lies in the consistent use of a suitable anti-aging eye cream. As per the Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology, regular application of an anti-aging eye cream can effectively hydrate the under-eye area, promoting a plumper look and smoothing out fine lines. (2)
10 Best Anti-Ageing Eye Creams in India
Here is a list of the best anti-aging eye creams in India that have proven track records for delivering results:
1. Olay Total Effects 7-in-1 Anti-Aging Eye Cream
The Olay Total Effects 7-in-1 Anti-Aging Eye Cream fights the seven signs of aging around the eyes while enhancing the skin’s texture.
- Unique formula combines moisture with a complex of vitamins, minerals, cooling cucumber extract, and soothing aloe vera
- It gives visibly younger-looking skin above and around the eyes by combating seven signs of aging
- Minimizes the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and crow’s feet
- Reduces the appearance of dark circles
- Fights dullness and replaces it with a healthy-looking radiance
- Reduces the appearance of puffiness
- Moisturises to nourish dry skin
- Smoothens skin’s texture with gentle exfoliation
- Balances color and tone
Price: Rs. 799 for 15 ml.
2. L’Oreal Paris Revitalift Anti-Wrinkle + Firming Eye Cream
This powerful L’Oreal Paris Revitalift Anti-Wrinkle + Firming Eye Cream is great for lifting the skin around the eyes by making it smooth and crease-free.
- Smooth and non-greasy formulation
- Enriched with derma lift complex, pro-retinol A, and par-lastly
- Moisturizes, tightens, and tones the under-eye skin
- Repairs and regenerates with the anti-aging expertise
- Reduces wrinkles, crow’s feet, and puffiness
- Improves skin density by stimulating cell renewal
- Lifts the skin around the eyes to make it smooth and crease-free
- It leaves the skin fresh and radiant
- Ophthalmologically tested
- Suitable for oily, dry, and all skin types
Price: Rs. 1299 for 15 ml.
3. Oriflame Sweden Time Reversing Skingenist Eye Cream
The Time Reversing Skingenist Eye Cream by Oriflame Sweden is specially formulated to target mature skin around the eyes. It is an excellent choice for post-menopausal women.
- Lightweight yet super nourishing and fast-absorbing formula
- Targets mature skin around the eyes in 45+ women
- Infused with pure, encapsulated genistein soy to act on the genetic level
- Combines the goodness of rock rose, vine orchid, and licorice extract
- Reverses signs of aging like fine lines, wrinkles, and discoloration
- Revitalizes and reawakens the appearance of skin around the eyes
- Reduces the appearance of dark circles, eye bags, and puffiness
- Brightens and smoothens the eye area
- Provides cooling and soothing after-effects
Price: Rs. 1,199 for 15 ml.
4. Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair Eye Cream
Neutrogena’s Rapid Wrinkle Repair Eye Cream makes the under-eye skin healthy, hydrated, and even-toned. Using it can get visibly younger-looking eyes in just one week.
- No. 1 dermatologist-recommended brand
- A unique combination of retinol SA, glucose complex, and hyaluronic acid
- Lightweight cream gets absorbed into the skin quickly
- Clinically proven to erase wrinkles, fine lines, crow’s feet, dark circles, and age spots around the eyes
- Hydrates moisturizes, and plumps up the skin
- Replenishes and rejuvenates the under-eye area
- It makes the skin around the eyes smoother and brighter
- It gives visibly younger-looking eyes in just one week
Price: Rs. 2999 for 14 ml.
5. SebaMed Age Defense Eye Lifting Complex
If you want to smooth out the fine lines around your eyes naturally and quickly, opt for the SebaMed Age Defense Eye-Lifting Complex. Being a pH-balanced product, it suits sensitive skin, too.
- pH-balanced (5.5) product for the delicate eye area
- Combines co-enzyme Q10, phytopeptides, and mucopolysaccharides
- Enriched with natural lipid sources like shea butter, avocado oil, and sweet almond oil
- Offers almost 32% reduction of wrinkles within 28 days
- Works on the cellular level to support skin regeneration
- It provides intensive moisture to smoothen the skin
- Keeps the under-eye area elastic
- Supports the natural barrier function of the skin
- Dermatologically and ophthalmologically tested
- It gets absorbed rapidly without leaving residue
- Soothes the under-eye skin
- Contains no parabens, irritants, and allergens
Price: Rs. 760 for 15 ml.
6. The Body Shop Vitamin E Eye Cream
You can take excellent care of your delicate under-eye skin by erasing fine lines and wrinkles and keeping the area hydrated with The Body Shop Vitamin E Eye Cream.
- Formulated with vitamin E, wheat germ oil, and bio-fermented hyaluronic acid from pomace, France
- Reduces the appearance of fine lines, puffiness, and dark circles
- Protects the delicate skin from damage
- Moisturizes and plumps up the under-eye skin smoother
- Keeps the under-eye skin hydrated for 48 long hours
- Suitable for all skin types
- Paraben-free, gluten-free, and silicone-free product
Price: Rs. 995 for 15 ml.
7. O3+ Professional Eye Circle Cream
The new, improved O3+ Professional Eye Circle Cream is an excellent product for rejuvenating, brightening, and whitening the under-eye area. It also smoothes the eye contour beautifully.
- An advanced cream with a 3-in-1 action
- Formulated in Italy by dermatologists
- Reduces wrinkles, dark circles, and puffiness around the eyes
- Increases in brightening and whitening effects
- Lifts and tightens up the under-eye skin
- It leaves the eyes looking younger and more radiant
- It can be used daily
- Ideal for eye contouring
- Suitable for both women and men
- It suits all types of skin
Price: Rs. 445 for 15 gm.
8. St. Botanica Pure Radiance Under Eye Cream
The St. Botanica Pure Radiance Under Eye Cream can target all possible concerns about your eye area, including the signs of premature aging. It can also be used as the base of eye makeup.
- A lightweight, non-greasy, and powerful formula
- Enriched with caffeine powder, vitamins (B3, C, and E), pure extracts of licorice, aloe vera, gotu, cucumber, argan oil, jojoba oil, and Frankincense oil
- Rejuvenates and brightens the delicate under-eye skin
- It helps in repairing and protecting the tissue
- Reduces discoloration and uneven skin tone
- Diminishes the appearance of dryness, fine lines, wrinkles, dark circles, bags, and puffiness
- Hydrates, nourishes and boosts the under-eye skin health
- It makes the skin smooth and youthful
- A toxin-free formula contains no parabens, sulfates, mineral oil, or silicone.
- It can be used under the eye makeup
Price: Rs. 749 for 18 gm.
9. The Face Shop Pomegranate & Collagen Volume Lifting Eye Cream
Here is the Pomegranate & Collagen Volume Lifting Eye Cream by The Face Shop that increases the resilience of the under-eye skin to give it a brighter, healthier, and more youthful look.
- Combines pomegranate extract with marine collagen and macadamia seed oil
- Prevents and reduces signs of aging
- Hydrates, nourishes, and brightens the skin
- Enhances the elasticity of the skin
- Vitalizes the skin through regeneration effects
- Unveils a firmer, smoother, and re-sculpted eye area
- Plumps up and lifts the sunken eye area immediately
Price: Rs. 2,190 for 150 ml.
10. Pond’s Age Miracle Eye Cream
The New Pond’s Age Miracle Eye Cream features innovative blur technology with the Intelligent Pro-Cell Complex and retinol-C complex, which erases signs of aging from the inside and helps the eyes look youthful from the outside.
- Advanced blur technology that works non-stop for 24 hours
- Features Intelligent Pro-Cell Complex and retinol-C complex
- It gives relief from dull, discolored, and tired-looking eyes
- Increases collagen production to boost the cell renewal process up to 3 times
- Reduces wrinkles, fine lines, crow’s feet, etc. from inside
- Strengthens the natural barrier of the under-eye skin
- Enhances the overall radiance of the eye area
Price: Rs. 194 for 15 gm.
How to Apply Anti-Aging Eye Creams?
Following the proper application technique is critical to get the most out of these anti-aging eye creams. So, here are the steps for you:
- Cleanse and wash your face thoroughly with a mild facial cleanser
- Apply the eye cream all over the eye contour area in tiny dots
- Massage gently by moving your fingertips in a small circular motion until the cream is completely absorbed into the skin
- Practice it every night before going to bed
Precautions to Follow
- If you have sensitive skin, choose eye creams after only going through the ingredients list.
- People with dry eyes or those who wear contact lenses may not find all eye cream ingredients suitable, including retinoids, as they may make the eyes even drier (3).
- Some common temporary side effects of under-eye creams include mild redness, tingling sensation, irritation, flaking, etc. However, if they persist, consult a cosmetologist as soon as possible.
Read Also – Best Under Eye Gels in India
Under-eye creams are cosmetic eye products that make the skin under the eyes healthy by addressing a number concerns like dullness, dark circles, puffiness, etc. Some eye creams even come with anti-aging properties, which diminish the signs of premature aging from the eye area by erasing fine lines, wrinkles, crow’s feet, age spots, etc. While choosing from the best anti-aging eye creams in India, make sure that you go through the list of ingredients first. It is also important to follow the right application technique as well as certain precautions in order to get the best possible results.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How Can I Make My Eyes Look Younger?
Apart from regularly applying good anti-aging eye cream, you can also use all-natural eye masks, wear SPF protection, and avoid too much salt intake to make your eyes look younger.
Should 20-Year-Olds Use Eye Creams?
Yes, it would be best to start using eye creams in your twenties. This will prevent the appearance of premature signs of aging under your eyes in your thirties or later.
Should You Put Eye Creams on Eyelids?
Eye creams should not be used on the upper eyelids. Instead, they need to be applied to the area under the eyes.
Should You Use Eye Cream Every Day?
You must apply eye cream daily to get the best results.
- “The Best Eye Creams for These 5 Scenarios“, Healthline.com
- “Efficacy of Anti-Aging Products for Periorbital Wrinkles As Measured by 3-D Imaging“, ncbi.nlm.nih.gov
- “Impact of Eye Cosmetics on the Eye, Adnexa, and Ocular Surface,” ncbi.nlm.nih.gov