No matter how much you take care of your face, a pair of dull, tired, and aged-looking eyes can spoil your efforts. When your age catches up with you, the first place where the fine lines and wrinkles appear is around your eyes. Hence, it is of utmost importance to take care of your eyes while following a beauty regime for great skin and a complexion to die for. Under-eye creams formulated to prevent premature aging can help you in this purpose. Here is a list of 10 best anti-aging eye creams in India that you can choose to show some love to the area under your eyes.
What are Eye Creams?
Eye creams are cosmetic eye products intended for keeping the under eye area healthy by treating issues like dark circles, puffiness, and fine lines. Available as creams, gels, serums, or roll-ons, these specialized items are known to moisturize the skin under the eyes thoroughly while tightening it up for a more youthful and radiant look. Some of the most common ingredients of eye creams are antioxidants, peptides, vitamin C, hyaluronic acid, etc. These help in reducing the effects of oxidative stress, stimulating collagen production, increasing the level of hydration, enhancing brightness, and toning inconsistencies in the under-eye area. (1) Choosing the right under eye cream with the most beneficial ingredients depends on the perfect identification of your unique requirements.
Eye creams should be chosen very carefully for sensitive skin. They must be hypoallergenic and free from synthetic chemicals and fragrance that can irritate the skin and cause adverse reactions.
Read Also – Best Under Eye Creams for Wrinkles
Why Use Anti-Aging Eye Creams?
The skin around your eyes is extremely thin and delicate compared to the rest of your face. It gets even thinner and more fragile with age. Moreover, the muscles in this part of the skin are used a lot during blinking, expressing emotions, etc. So, the area under the eye develops dryness, dark circles, puffiness, dullness, discoloration, and wrinkles. All these can make you look tired and even older than your actual ages, which can only be cured through intense moisturization. However, the layer of the skin under your eyes does not have lubricating glands for keeping it hydrated and nourished. Only the right eye cream with anti-aging benefits can address the concern effectively. According to the Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology, regular use of an anti-aging eye cream helps in plumping up the under-eye area as well as smoothing out fine lines that appeared in it. (2)
10 Best Anti-Ageing Eye Creams in India
Here is a list of the best anti-aging eye creams in India that have proven track records for delivering the results:
1. Olay Total Effects 7-in-1 Anti-Aging Eye Cream
The Olay Total Effects 7-in-1 Anti-Aging Eye Cream fights the seven signs of aging around the eyes while enhancing the texture of the skin in that area.
- Unique formula combines moisture with a complex of vitamins, minerals, cooling cucumber extract, and soothing aloe vera
- Gives visibly younger-looking skin above and around the eyes by combating 7 signs of aging
- Minimizes the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and crow’s feet
- Reduces the appearance of dark circles
- Fights dullness and replaces it with a healthy-looking radiance
- Reduces the appearance of puffiness
- Moisturises to nourish dry skin
- Smoothens skin’s texture with gentle exfoliation
- Balances color and tone
Price: Rs. 799 for 15 ml.
Read Also – Best Under Eye Creams for Dark Circles
2. L’Oreal Paris Revitalift Anti-Wrinkle + Firming Eye Cream
This powerful L’Oreal Paris Revitalift Anti-Wrinkle + Firming Eye Cream is great for lifting the skin around the eyes by making it smooth and crease-free.
- Smooth and non-greasy formulation
- Enriched with dermalift complex, pro-retinol A, and par-elastyl
- Moisturizes, tightens, and tones the under-eye skin
- Repairs and regenerates with the anti-aging expertise
- Reduces wrinkles, crow’s feet, and puffiness
- Improves skin density by stimulating cell renewal
- Lifts the skin around the eyes to make it smooth and crease-free
- Leaves the skin fresh and radiant
- Ophthalmologically tested
- Suitable for oily, dry, and all skin types
Price: Rs. 565 for 15 ml.
3. Oriflame Sweden Time Reversing Skingenist Eye Cream
The Time Reversing Skingenist Eye Cream by Oriflame Sweden is specially formulated to target mature skin around the eyes. It is an excellent choice for post-menopausal women.
- Lightweight yet super nourishing and fast-absorbing formula
- Targets mature skin around the eyes in 45+ women
- Infused with pure, encapsulated genistein soy to act on the genetic level
- Combines the goodness of rock rose, vine orchid, and licorice extract
- Reverses signs of aging like fine lines, wrinkles, and discoloration
- Revitalizes and reawakens the appearance of skin around the eyes
- Reduces the appearance of dark circles, eye bags, and puffiness
- Brightens and smoothens the eye area
- Provides cooling and soothing aftereffects
Price: Rs. 1,199 for 15 ml.
4. Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair Eye Cream
Neutrogena’s Rapid Wrinkle Repair Eye Cream makes the under-eye skin healthy, hydrated, and even-toned. By using it, you can get visibly younger-looking eyes in just one week.
- No. 1 dermatologist-recommended brand
- A unique combination of retinol SA, glucose complex, and hyaluronic acid
- Lightweight cream gets absorbed into the skin quickly
- Clinically proven to erase wrinkles, fine lines, crow’s feet, dark circles, and age spots around the eyes
- Hydrates, moisturizes, and plumps up the skin
- Replenishes and rejuvenates the under-eye area
- Makes the skin around the eyes smoother and brighter
- Gives visibly younger-looking eyes in just 1 week
Price: Rs. 1,720 for 14 ml.
Read Also – Best Eye Creams for Dark Circles in India
5. SebaMed Age Defense Eye Lifting Complex
If you want to smooth out the fine lines around your eyes in a natural and fast way, opt for the SebaMed Age Defense Eye-Lifting Complex. Being a pH-balanced product, it suits sensitive skin too.
- pH-balanced (5.5) product for the delicate eye area
- Combines co-enzyme Q10, phytopeptides, and mucopolysaccharides together
- Enriched with natural lipid sources like shea butter, avocado oil, and sweet almond oil
- Offers almost 32% reduction of wrinkles within 28 days
- Works on the cellular level to support skin regeneration
- Provides intensive moisture to smoothen the skin
- Keeps the under-eye area elastic
- Supports the natural barrier function of the skin
- Dermatologically and ophthalmologically tested
- Gets absorbed rapidly without leaving residue
- Soothes the under-eye skin
- Contains no parabens, irritants, and allergens
Price: Rs. 760 for 15 ml.
6. The Body Shop Vitamin E Eye Cream
You can take the greatest care of your delicate under-eye skin by erasing fine lines and wrinkles and keeping the area hydrated with The Body Shop Vitamin E Eye Cream.
- Formulated with vitamin E, wheatgerm oil, and bio-fermented hyaluronic acid from pomacle, France
- Reduces the appearance of fine lines, puffiness, and dark circles
- Protects the delicate skin from damage
- Moisturizes and plumps up the under-eye skin smoother
- Keeps the under-eye skin hydrated for 48 long hours
- Suitable for all skin types
- Paraben-free, gluten-free, and silicone-free product
Price: Rs. 995 for 15 ml.
7. O3+ Professional Eye Circle Cream
The new improved version of the O3+ Professional Eye Circle Cream is a great product rejuvenating, brightening, and whitening the under-eye area. It also smoothes the eye contour beautifully.
- An advanced cream with a 3-in-1 action
- Formulated in Italy by dermatologists
- Reduces wrinkles, dark circles, and puffiness around the eyes
- Increases brightening and whitening effects
- Lifts and tightens up the under-eye skin
- Leaves the eyes looking younger and more radiant
- Can be used daily
- Ideal for eye contouring
- Suitable for both women and men
- Suits all types of skin
Price: Rs. 445 for 15 gm.
8. St. Botanica Pure Radiance Under Eye Cream
The St. Botanica Pure Radiance Under Eye Cream can target all possible concerns about your eye area including the signs of premature aging. It can also be used as the base of eye makeup.
- A lightweight, non-greasy and powerful formula
- Enriched with caffeine powder, vitamins (B3, C, and E), pure extracts of licorice, aloe vera, gotu, cucumber, argan oil, jojoba oil, and Frankincense oil
- Rejuvenates and brightens the delicate under-eye skin
- Helps in repairing and protecting the tissue
- Reduces discoloration and uneven skin tone
- Diminishes the appearance of dryness, fine lines, wrinkles, dark circles, bags, and puffiness
- Hydrates, nourishes, and boosts the under-eye skin health
- Makes the skin smooth and youthful
- A toxin-free formula with contains no parabens, no sulfates, no mineral oil, no silicone
- Can be used under the eye makeup
Price: Rs. 899 for 50 gm.
Read Also – Why Do I Need to Use an Eye Cream?
9. The Face Shop Pomegranate & Collagen Volume Lifting Eye Cream
Here is the Pomegranate & Collagen Volume Lifting Eye Cream by The Face Shop that increases the resilience of the under-eye skin to give it a brighter, healthier, and more youthful look.
- Combines pomegranate extract with marine collagen and macadamia seed oil
- Prevents and reduces signs of aging
- Hydrates, nourishes and brightens the skin
- Enhances the elasticity of the skin
- Vitalizes the skin through regeneration effects
- Unveils a firmer, smoother and re-sculpted eye area
- Plumps up and lifts the sunken eye area immediately
Price: Rs. 2,040 for 50 ml.
10. Pond’s Age Miracle Eye Cream
The New Pond’s Age Miracle Eye Cream features the innovative blur technology with the Intelligent Pro-Cell Complex and retinol-C complex, which erases signs of aging from inside and helps the eyes look youthful from outside.
- Advanced blur technology that works non-stop for 24 hours
- Features Intelligent Pro-Cell Complex and retinol-C complex
- Gives relief from dull, discolored, and tired-looking eyes
- Increases collagen production to boost the cell renewal process up to 3 times
- Reduces wrinkles, fine lines, crow’s feet, etc. from inside
- Strengthens the natural barrier of the under-eye skin
- Enhances the overall radiance of the eye area
Price: Rs. 699 for 15 gm.
How to Apply Anti-Aging Eye Creams?
Following the right application technique is key to get the most out of these anti-aging eye creams. So, here are the steps for you:
- Cleanse and wash your face thoroughly with a mild facial cleanser
- Apply the eye cream all over your the eye contour area in tiny dots
- Massage gently by moving your fingertips in a small circular motion until the cream is completely absorbed into the skin
- Practice it every night before going to the bed
Precautions to Follow
- If you have sensitive skin, make sure that you choose eye creams after going through the lists of ingredients only.
- People with dry eyes or those who wear contact lenses may not find all eye cream ingredients suitable including retinoids as they may turn the eyes even drier (3).
- Some common temporary side effects of under-eye creams include mild redness, tingling sensation, irritation, flaking, etc. However, if they persist, consult a cosmetologist as soon as possible.
Read Also – Best Under Eye Gels in India
Under-eye creams are cosmetic eye products that make the skin under the eyes healthy by addressing a number concerns like dullness, dark circles, puffiness, etc. Some eye creams even come with anti-aging properties, which diminish the signs of premature aging from the eye area by erasing fine lines, wrinkles, crow’s feet, age spots, etc. While choosing from the best anti-aging eye creams in India, make sure that you go through the list of ingredients first. It is also important to follow the right application technique as well as certain precautions in order to get the best possible results.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How Can I Make My Eyes Look Younger?
Apart from applying a good anti-aging eye cream regularly, you can also use all-natural eye masks, wear SPF protection, and avoid too much salt intake to make your eyes look younger.
Should 20-Year-Olds Use Eye Creams?
Yes, you should start using eye creams in your twenties only. This will prevent the appearance of premature signs of aging under your eyes in your thirties or later.
Should You Put Eye Creams on Eyelids?
Eye creams should not be used on the upper eyelids. Rather, they need to be applied to the area under the eyes.
Should You Use Eye Cream Every Day?
Yes, you must apply eye cream every day to get the best results.
- “The Best Eye Creams for These 5 Scenarios“, Healthline.com
- “Efficacy of Anti-Aging Products for Periorbital Wrinkles As Measured by 3-D Imaging“, ncbi.nlm.nih.gov
- “Impact of Eye Cosmetics on the Eye, Adnexa, and Ocular Surface“, ncbi.nlm.nih.gov