They say that “eyebrows can make or break your look” and we have no other choice than to accept it. You see, a pair of well-groomed brows can pull you together, even if it is a bad makeup day. But if you are struggling with eyebrow woes, you can certainly not expect a glamorous look, no matter how perfect your makeup and hairstyle are. So, it is important to conquer all those classic eyebrow issues that have been giving you nightmare. Check out the fixes:
Nothing can be more annoying than a pair of archless brows. When you have no arch, your face looks absolutely expressionless all the time. We give you the perfect solution:
Also Read – Eyebrow Tinting – Why, How-To, And Pro Tips Here
- Find the ideal arch for your brow by lining the brow pencil up with the external edge of your iris. You need to start shaping from the under of this arch point.
- Determine the shape of your brows naturally. If they are far from the eyelids maintain a fuller look by pulling hair in the direction of their growth individually. If they are closer, pull hair out carefully.
- If it is your first time, go to a professional to determine the natural shape of your eyebrows and prevent overplucking.
Sparse / Patchy Brows
Having sparse / patchy / uneven eyebrows is one of the most common issues and you can get rid of this slender, ‘overplucked’ look easily with a few simple tricks. Here is how to get full, lush brows in minutes:
- Take an angled brush and a brow powder that matches the color of your brow hair. Using the wide part of the brush, apply quick strokes to fill the uneven areas of the brows. Also, define the tails of the brows with the angled tip of the brush.
- If you are using an eyebrow pencil, make sure that it is a light formula that can be blended easily for a natural look. Apply small strokes with a light hand instead of drawing a straight line and build it up slowly. Do not press the pencil too hard against the skin. It might pull out some more hair to increase your patchiness further.
- Draw a decent outline by using stenciling trick and fill it in with the brow color to create a nice structure.
Also Read – DIY: How to Shape Your Eyebrows With Tweezers Here
Too Short (Far Apart) Brows
If you lack the tiny hairs that stick up right at the starting point of the eyebrows, it is time to give them a makeover. Know how to make your brows look interesting easily:
- Find the ideal starting point for your brow by lining up from the edge of your nose and create light, feathery strokes with a soft, fine-tip brow pencil. Blend the flicks nicely with a spoolie.
- Do not forget to add a little flick to the tails of your brows too. An eyebrow powder of the same color can also help you fill the gaps in between them and create a more natural appearance.
- For extremely short brows, opt for brow extensions to get a permanent solution.
Thin And Flat Brows
Thin flat eyebrows look dull, especially these days when fuller brows are totally in fashion. So, make them appear thick, lush, and volumized with the following tricks:
- Backcomb your brow hair with a small brush and apply a volumizing fiber gel (specifically designed for eyebrows) in the direction of the hair growth starting right at the tails.
- You can also make use of eyebrow pencil / brow powder / eye shadow (a shade similar to your brow hair) to fill your brows in and add a definition to them.
Bushy / Unruly Brows
Thick, randomly hairy eyebrows can turn out to be bushy and extremely unruly. If you want to get rid of the mess, check out the ways here:
- The thick formula of a tinted brow gel can add definition to your brows immediately. It will also give them subtle color while taming the little hairs down.
- Find a clear gel mascara and use it in layers to get the spread-out brow hairs back to their places.
- Spritz a little hairspray onto the bristles of a soft toothbrush and brush your brow hairs with it.
- Brush your brow hairs straight up with a spoolie / brow brush (a toothbrush will also do) and trim the heads of the elongated ones along your natural brow line.
Also Read – 7 Simple Steps to fill in your Sparse Eyebrows Here
Scarred (With Gaps) Brows
Women with scarred eyebrows (having gaps or bald spots in brows) find it quite challenging to get a perfectly normal look. Well, it has an extremely simple fix. Know it here:
- Apply a eyebrow gel to the hair in your brows by using small light strokes. It will fill the gaps and add volume while defining the edges of the brows beautifully.
- Find a gel pencil intended for eyebrows and use it strategically to hide the blank spaces by sealing the hairs in place with more color deposits.
Brow problems? What are those? Try these 6 proven solutions and get absolutely perfect brows now. All the best!
Image Credit – Featured, 1, 2, 3