Curd is one such simple and healthy food ingredient that many Indians swear by. It comes with tons of nutrients as well as gut-friendly probiotics, which cumulatively give our internal health a significant boost. But curd is just equally beneficial for our skin and thus, contribute heavily to our external beauty. If you include curd in your daily skincare regimen, you can experience its magic easily. So, in this article, we will be talking about the skin benefits of curd and 10 curd face packs that will give your skin a complete natural makeover.
Different Skin Benefits Of Curd
Curd is one of the best foods for our skin. If you keep feeding curd to your skin regularly, it will not only get nourished from inside but also look healthy and beautiful from outside. We have listed here a number of skin benefits offered by this ‘holy grail’ kitchen ingredient:
- Curd is rich in a natural alpha-hydroxy acid (AHA) called ‘lactic acid‘, which makes it a great natural exfoliating agent. It can help you get rid of the layers of dead cells gently from the surface of your skin, revealing a fresh, smooth layer of cells underneath.
- The lactic acid in curd can make dry skin softer, smoother, and suppler. The nutrients present in the ingredient also help in nourishing dry and dull skin beautifully.
- It also contains lots of healthy fats, which provide enough moisture to the skin and gives it a healthy, youthful look by preventing premature aging and its signs (fine lines, wrinkles, age spots, etc.).
- Curd is high in antioxidant vitamin C that fights against free radical damages, thereby protecting the skin from the harmful ultraviolet rays of the sun.
- Being acidic in nature and loaded with zinc, it works as a strong bleaching agent that removes spots, marks, blemishes, suntans, and pigmentation effectively.
- The anti-inflammatory properties of curd help in soothing the skin, thereby relieving sunburns and other inflammations.
- It possesses excellent cleansing properties due to the presence of lactic acid, which helps in clearing out pores and keeping breakouts at bay.
- Curd has amazing anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties, which keeps the skin free from germs, bacteria, and fungi. As a result, you can stay away from acne, pimples, blackheads, whiteheads, and several minor to major skin infections.
Also Read – Beauty Benefits Of Curd/Yoghurt Here
10 Homemade Curd Face Packs
1. Raw Sour Curd Face Pack
Raw sour curd itself works as a wonderful face cleansing as well as nourishing pack. Massaging your face with 1-2 tablespoons of fresh curd will remove dead cells, cleanse the skin perfectly and reduce acne problems.
2. Curd And Olive Oil Pack
A mixture of 2 tablespoons of fresh curd and 1 tablespoon of olive oil can help you get rid of fine lines and wrinkles. Let it sit on your skin for half an hour. Then, wash off with lukewarm water.
3. Curd And Orange Peel Powder Pack
Prepare a skin brightening face pack by blending 2 teaspoons of orange peel powder with 2 tablespoons of curd. Using it thrice a week on your skin will make your complexion fairer gradually.
Also Read – Get Glowing With 8 Best Homemade Papaya Face Packs Here
4. Curd And Chamomile Essential Oil Pack
If you are dying to eliminate those ugly sunburns, go for this soothing face pack. Just add 4-5 drops of chamomile essential oil to 3 tablespoons of curd and apply on the affected areas of the skin. Rub a little and rinse away after 15 minutes.
5. Curd, Honey, And Lemon Juice Pack
Women having a dry skin with an oily T-zone can opt for this amazing face pack made of 2 tablespoons of curd, 1 tablespoon of organic honey and 1 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice. The smooth paste can be spread all over the face and rinsed after 15 minutes upon drying.
6. Curd, Banana, And Rose Water Pack
Treat your sensitive skin with a healthful curd face pack containing 2 tablespoons of fresh curd, one small mashed banana and 1 teaspoon of rose water. Regular application of this can make your skin naturally beautiful.
Also Read – 5 Super Effective Yogurt Face Masks For Acne Here
7. Curd, Turmeric Powder, And Mustard Oil Pack
Curd can also give you blemish-free clear skin. Just blend 2 tablespoons of curd, 1 tablespoon of turmeric powder and a few drops of mustard oil together and apply all over your face uniformly. Do it at least twice a week.
8. Curd, Gram Flour, And Oatmeal Powder Pack
9. Curd, Banana, Gram Flour, And Egg White Pack
Prepare a thick and smooth paste by combining 1 egg white, 1 teaspoon of gram flour and 1 small mashed banana with 2 tablespoons of curd. Regular application of it can give you a healthy and soft skin.
Also Read – Yoghurt Body Masks For Great Skin Here
10. Curd, Honey, Chickpea Flour, And Rose Water Pack
Induce moisture into your dry and dull skin with this effective curd face pack. Just blend 1 tablespoon of curd, 1 tablespoon of raw organic honey and 1 tablespoon of chickpea flour together and pour 5 to 6 drops of fresh rose water into it. Apply onto your skin, wait for 20-25 minutes and then, wash off with cold water.
Adding curd to your regular diet will also help you cleanse, nourish, and condition your internal organs in such a way that your overall health will be improved and your skin will reflect it beautifully.
However, it is always better to use homemade fresh curd for consumption or topical application instead of store-bought yogurt. If you can avail yogurt that comes loaded with extra probiotics, go for it.
Also Read – Indulge In Curd For Losing Weight And See The Magic! (A Brief Guide) Here
Did You Know?
These days, the terms ‘yogurt’ and ‘curd’ are used interchangeably. Though both are dairy products and hold tons of similarities, there are differences which mostly revolves around the process of production. The production of yogurt is basically the ‘bacterial fermentation of milk‘ in which ‘yogurt cultures’ are used to ferment the lactose into lactic acid. On the other hand, curd is produced by the method of ‘curdling’ in which an edible substance of acidic nature (lemon/lime juice or vinegar) is used to curdle the milk while the opaque liquid is discarded completely.
Image Credit – Featured, 1, 2