Taking good care of our skin needs a consistent skin care routine and face pack is an indispensable part of it. While the market is flooded with commercial face packs and some of them even claim to be made of natural substances, it is always safer to rely on homemade face packs prepared with freshly collected natural ingredients. Turmeric is one such amazing natural skin care remedy that is used thoroughly in face packs and the best thing about this ingredient is that it suits all types of skin easily. In this article, let’s talk about 10 simple yet super effective turmeric face packs for dry, oily, and sensitive skin respectively.
Why Use Turmeric In Face Packs?
Turmeric (haldi) – the golden root – has long been a staple in Indian beauty practices. It is an ancient healing spice that comes with tons of benefits for not only our health but also for our skin. Moreover, you can avail this ingredient as fresh roots, dried sticks, or even in the form of fine powder easily, which makes it a simple and economical choice for skin care. So, here are the reasons why should include turmeric in your face packs:
- Turmeric contains a bioactive component called ‘curcumin’, which contributes heavily to the health, skin, and hair benefits of the spice.
- It is loaded with antioxidants that protect the skin from free radical damages and add a natural glow to it.
- It induces moisture in the skin, controls the secretion of excess oil, and gives new life to the dull and damaged face.
- It has great anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties that keeps a range of dermatological conditions including eczema, psoriasis, lichen planus, etc. at bay.
- It helps in healing acne scars and cutaneous wounds by repairing damaged tissues efficiently.
Also Read – Kasturi Turmeric Is A Wonder For Our Skin. Here Is How To Use It! Here
Turmeric Face Packs For Different Skin Types
A) For Dry Skin
Turmeric, combined with other hydrating ingredients, can moisturize the skin deeply and keep it well-hydrated even during the most drying weather or conditions. In addition, it will add a natural radiance to the skin. Here are the face packs to try:
1. Turmeric, Milk Cream, And Rose Water Pack
Mix 1 teaspoon of fresh rose water with 2 teaspoons of thick milk cream. Add a half teaspoon of turmeric powder to it and blend well. Apply the paste all over your face and wait for a couple of hours. Once it gets dried, wash off with plain water.
2. Turmeric, Milk Cream, Gram Flour, And Sandalwood Powder Pack
Prepare a thick smooth paste by mixing half a teaspoon of turmeric powder with 2 teaspoons of milk cream, 2 teaspoons of sandalwood powder and 3 teaspoons of gram flour. Spread it onto your face uniformly. After 15-20 minutes, rinse with lukewarm water.
3. Turmeric, Egg White, Almond Oil, Lemon Juice, And Rose Water Pack
Beat the white section of an egg and mix 1 teaspoon of rose water, half teaspoon of almond oil, 1 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice and a pinch of turmeric powder with it. Blend well and apply on your face. It will become dry within half an hour. So, wash off with lukewarm water.
Also Read – How You Can Use Turmeric For Acne Here
B) For Oily Skin
Turmeric can reduce the greasiness of the skin by regulating the production of sebum by the sebaceous glands. When used with other skin-friendly ingredients, it can keep acne and pimples away and make you look flawless. Check the face packs below:
4. Turmeric, Gram Flour, And Yogurt Pack
Combine 2 teaspoons of gram flour with 1 teaspoon of yogurt and half a teaspoon of turmeric powder. Once you get a paste of medium consistency, spread it on your whole face. Wash thoroughly with fresh cold water after 25 to 30 minutes.
5. Turmeric, Fuller’s Earth, Yogurt, And Rose Water Pack
You can prepare this pack by adding 3 teaspoons of yogurt, 1 teaspoon of rose water and half a teaspoon of turmeric powder to 2 teaspoons of Fuller’s Earth. Mix all ingredients properly so that no lump exists in it. Let it stay on your face for 20 minutes or more. Then, rinse off.
6. Turmeric, Sandalwood Powder, And Orange Juice Pack
Juice up a small orange. Add a pinch of turmeric powder and 2 teaspoons of sandalwood powder to it. Form a smooth thick paste. Coat your face with it and wait for next 15 minutes. Then, rinse with cold water.
7. Turmeric, Sandalwood Powder, Milk, And Lemon Juice Pack
Here is another face pack that can be made by mixing 2 teaspoons of sandalwood powder, 2 teaspoons of milk, a little turmeric powder and 5 to 6 drops of fresh lemon juice. Make sure that you wash this pack off with lukewarm water after 15 minutes of the application.
Also Read – Beauty Benefits Of Curd/ Yoghurt Here
C) For Sensitive Skin
When applied to an inflamed skin, turmeric soothes it and also reduces redness effectively. Hence, it is a good choice for the sensitive skin that needs special care and attention. You can try the following face packs for this purpose:
8. Turmeric, Fuller’s Earth, Aloe Vera Gel, And Yogurt Pack
Mix 2 teaspoons of Fuller’s Earth with 1 teaspoon of fresh aloe gel and 1 teaspoon of yogurt. Add a pinch of turmeric powder to this mixture and blend well. After 20 minutes or so, wash it off.
9. Turmeric, Honey, Milk, And Mint Pack
You can make this pack easily by combining 2 teaspoons of fresh milk, 1 teaspoon of raw organic honey, 1 teaspoon of wet and mashed mint leaves and half a teaspoon of turmeric powder. Regular application of this for 20 minutes can benefit your skin a lot.
10. Turmeric And Jojoba Oil Pack
Prepare a runny mixture by adding a little turmeric powder to 4 teaspoons of jojoba oil. Massage your face with it and leave for half an hour. At last, rinse with fresh cold water.
Also Read – Amazing Health Benefits Of Turmeric Milk (Haldi Milk) Here
- Be careful about the amount of turmeric you use in your face packs. Typically, 1 teaspoon of fresh, raw turmeric is equivalent to (1/2) teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- Try to use organic turmeric on your skin as it is safer than all other alternatives.
- Make sure that you are not allergic to turmeric, or it can cause you redness, irritation, swelling, etc.
Also Read – Benefits Of Turmeric For Skin Here
Image Credit – Featured, 1, 2