Excessive hair loss is nothing but a nightmare! It is certainly not easy to just sit and let our hair wither away, especially when the head starts balding slowly. So, what can be the option to stop it? While visiting a doctor and undergoing the right treatment is always recommended in chronic hair loss, you can try commercial hair products to combat the condition if you have started experiencing it lately. In this article, we are going to help you by giving a list of 10 best anti-hair loss products available in India.
What is Hair Loss?
We have more or less 100,000 hairs on our head and we all lose 50 to 100 of them every day (1). this shedding of hair is absolutely normal and it does not make your loss noticeable as, most of the time, the lost hair is replaced by the new ones. But sometimes it does not happen and people end up losing even more hair. This is called hair loss, which is undoubtedly a matter of concern. Losing more hair than usual can be abrupt or you can even develop it very slowly over the years. If you find chunks of hair under the shower or in your brush, consider it excessive hair loss and look for the right treatment. While hair loss is mostly temporary, it can be permanent too at times.
Alopecia or hereditary hair loss is extremely common in America. According to the American Academy of Dermatology (AAD), almost 80 million men and women are suffering from it in the country (2). It mostly occurs in older adults and can affect the hair in any part of the body.
What Causes Hair Loss?
Numerous factors are there, which can trigger hair loss. These include (3):
- Poor diet
- Extreme stress
- hormonal imbalances (during pregnancy, childbirth, menopause, stopping the use of birth control pills)
- Medical conditions (thyroid problems, autoimmune diseases, scalp infections, etc,)
- Medicines used to treat depression, hypertension, cardiovascular issues, arthritis, cancer
- Traumatic events (physical or emotional shock)
- Environmental pollution
- Bad styling habits
- Lack of good hair care
10 Best Anti-Hair Loss Products in India
If you suffer from temporary hair loss, using the right kind of hair products can help you get back thick and voluminous hair easily. Try one of these 10 best anti-hair loss products available in India to prevent drastic hair fall and notice an amazing improvement in the health and texture of your locks.
1. Himalaya Herbals Anti-Hair Fall Hair Oil
The Himalaya Herbals Anti-Hair Fall Hair Oil is a herbal hair nutrient that prevents hair fall and promotes hair growth by using natural ingredients like amalaki and bhringaraja.
- Non-greasy and easy to wash formulation
- Combines the goodness of bhringaraja, amalaki, thistles, methi, neem, bael, and proteins
- Keeps the scalp conditioned and healthy
- Nourishes and strengthens hair roots
- Improves the tensile strength of hair
- Reduces hair breakage and hair fall
- Promotes the growth of hair
- Maintains the overall health of the hair
- Leaves hair soft and smooth
Price: Rs. 180 for 200 ml.
2. Biotique Bio Bhringraj Therapeutic Oil for Falling Hair
This Biotique Bio Bhringraj Therapeutic Oil is an intensive formula that treats various causes of hair loss including alopecia and encourages hair regrowth.
- An intensive hair regrowth formula
- Enriched with 100% botanical extracts
- An advanced ayurvedic blend of coconut oil, cow milk, and goat milk infused with pure bhringraj, butea frondosa, amla, mulethi, brahmi, and centella
- Treats alopecia and other causes of hair loss
- Nourishes the scalp
- Strengthens hair strands
- Reduces hair breakage
- Encourages fresh hair growth
- Helps diminish premature graying
- Free from toxic chemicals and preservatives
Price: Rs. 159 for 100 ml.
3. Indulekha Bringha Hair Oil
The Indulekha Bringha Hair Oil is specially manufactured to regulate scalp and hair conditions. When used regularly thrice every week for 4 months, this Ayurvedic hair oil prevents dandruff and chronic hair loss effectively. Read the full review.
- An ayurvedic proprietary medicine with clinically proven actives
- Contains the extracts of bhringraj, amla, svetakutaja, kumari, draksha, amrita, yashti, brahmi, neem, and virgin coconut oil
- Nourishes the scalp to keep it healthy
- Keeps scalp diseases like dandruff, itchiness, etc. away
- Reduces hair fall significantly
- Fosters hair follicles to prevent hair loss
- Promotes the growth of new hair
- Puts a stop to untimely graying
- Comes in a selfie bottle applicator to massage the scalp and reduce oil wastage
- Prescribed by doctors
Price: Rs. 432 for 100 ml.
Read Also – Best Chinese Herbs and How They Treat Hair Loss
4. VLCC Natural Sciences Hair Fall Repair Oil
Say goodbye to the problem of persistent hair loss with the VLCC Natural Sciences Hair Fall Repair Oil. It is a powerful hair defense system that prevents hair fall, stops premature graying, and makes the hair silky.
- A unique hair defense formula
- Made with brahmi, amla, bhringraj, jatamansi, hibiscus, soybean, and wheat germ oil
- Nourishes the scalp thoroughly
- Enhances blood circulation in the scalp
- Makes hair follicles stronger
- Reduces hair fall effectively
- Stops premature graying
- Stimulates the growth of hair
- Leaves the hair irresistibly silky and smooth
- Ideal for everyday use
Price: Rs. 155 for 100 ml.
5. Himalaya Herbals Anti Hair Loss Cream
The Anti Hair Loss Cream by Himalaya herbals is known as the world’s first hair loss treatment based on a bioactive-enriched herbal extract. It treats severe hair loss and stimulates the active phase of the hair growth cycle.
- A clinically-tested formulation with 100% herbal actives
- Enriched with the extracts of butea gum tree and climbing butea
- Treats severe hair loss by preventing all possible reasons
- Soothes and heals the scalp
- Enhances hair follicular density
- Improves the tensile strength of hair
- Reduces split ends
- Induces quick multiplication of hair fiber cells
- Stimulates the hair growth cycle
- Visible effects in just 2 weeks (40% regrowth in 3 months and 70% reduction in hair loss in 6 months)
- Suits all types of hair
Price: Rs. 325 for 100 ml.
6. Mamaearth Argan Hair Mask
Mamaearth is the first MadeSafe certified brand in entire Asia and its Argan Hair Mask is a blessing to people suffering from hair loss. It is even suitable for curly, colored, and heat-treated hair.
- Asia’s first MadeSafe certified brand in India
- Offers goodness of argan oil, avocado oil, rosemary oil, cedarwood oil, tea tree oil, curd, milk protein, and hydrolyzed collagen
- Restores the natural moisture of the scalp and removes dandruff
- Hydrates and conditions hair deeply to eliminate frizz
- Nourishes dry hair and reduces split ends
- Makes hair fibers stronger from roots to tips
- Reduces hair fall by averting breakage
- Repairs hair tissue to treat dry and damaged hair
- Promotes healthy growth of existing and new hair
- Turns hair soft, smooth, silky, and shiny
- Free from sulfates, parabens phthalates, mineral oil, dyes, and fragrance
- Suits treated, colored, and curly hair
Price: Rs. 599 for 200 ml.
7. Re’equil Hair Fall Control Serum
The water-based Re’equil Hair Fall Control Serum is a powerful hair loss management solution that works as an active DHT blocker. It not only prevents hair fall but also improves the shape and texture of new hair.
- A lightweight, water-based, and non-greasy formulation
- Offers a potent solution for hair loss management
- Clinically proven actives like cressatine (Indian cress and watercress extracts), horse chestnut, aminexil, biotin, aloe vera extract, and castor oil
- Does not clog the pores on the scalp
- Facilitates the penetration of the active ingredients into hair roots
- Arrests hair loss by blocking the formation of DHT around the follicles
- Enhances blood circulation in the scalp
- Boosts hair growth by prolonging the hair life cycle
- Improves the thickness and density of hair fibers
- Dermatologically-tested and non-comedogenic
- Free from parabens, sulfates, mineral oil, and silicone
Price: Rs. 695 for 100 ml.
8. Organic Harvest Hair Fall Control (HFC) Shampoo
Rejuvenate your scalp and prevent hair loss by using the Organic Harvest Hair Fall Control Shampoo regularly. It is an ECOCERT certified organic product with more than 90% plant-derived extracts.
- A gel-based shampoo formula
- 100% organic ECOCERT certified product
- Made with more than 90% plant-derived extracts including certified organic decyl glucoside, sodium shale oil, and provitamin B8
- Cleanses the scalp gently
- Boosts the flow of blood in it
- Nourishes and rejuvenates the scalp
- Reduces frizz, tangles, and breakage
- Strengthens hair follicles
- Makes hair thicker and healthier
- Puts a stop to hair loss
- Helps hair grow faster
- No mineral oil, parabens, pesticides, fertilizers, harsh chemicals, and animal ingredients
- No long-term side effects
- Suitable for both men and women
Price: Rs. 945 for 225 gm.
9. Kama Ayurveda Bringadi Intensive Hair Treatment
The Kama Ayurveda Bringadi Intensive Hair Treatment features the traditional ayurvedic recipe, which is the secret to Indians’ lush, glossy hair. It is an all-in-one hair oil that prevents hair loss, dandruff, and premature graying.
- An all-in-one, intensive, and 100% natural hair treatment
- Comprises amla, bhringraj, licorice, indigo, balloon vine, pure sesame oil, and milk
- Nourishes hair deeply to decrease hair loss
- Restores and nurtures damaged hair back to health
- Eliminates dandruff by keeping the scalp healthy
- Anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties keep scalp infections away
- Stops untimely graying and makes the hair naturally dark
- Works as a natural conditioner to boost lush hair growth
- Softens and smoothens hair cuticles for less breakage
- The earthy scent calms and soothes the frayed nerves
- Cools down the scalp to uplift mood and treat insomnia
- Clinically tested to offer 97% reduction in hair fall and 94% reduction in flaky scalp
Price: Rs. 675 for 100 ml.
10. Trichup Hair Fall Control Herbal Hair Powder
Made with nature’s finest herbs, the Trichup Herbal Hair Powder by Vasu Healthcare Pvt. Ltd. is a unique combination of Ayurveda and science. It controls hair loss and makes hair lustrous naturally.
- A judicious blend of 100% natural, ayurvedic hair-rejuvenating herbs
- Contains mandukaparni, henna, aritha, shikakai, and bhringraj
- Cleanses oily scalp and hair
- Strengthens and revitalizes hair follicles
- Treats frizz, dandruff, and split ends
- Repairs dry and damaged hair
- Stops hair fall and stimulates natural hair growth
- Nourishes, moisturizes, and conditions hair deeply
- Makes hair silky, shiny, and lustrous
- Adds volume and bounce to hair
- Ideal for all hair types
Price: Rs. 40 for 30 gm.
Anti-hair loss products do not work for male pattern baldness. If you got bald patches due to genetic reasons, it is better to seek the help of an expert.
How to Prevent Further Hair Loss?
Apart from using commercial anti-hair loss products, you should also take care of a few other things for keeping your hair healthy, strong, and beautiful. We have listed them down:
- Eat a well-balanced diet that includes lots of proteins and iron. This will nourish your hair from inside and make it strong.
- Keep yourself hydrated by consuming plenty of water every day. It is essential to moisturize the scalp in order to keep hair healthy.
- Massage oil into your scalp and hair at least thrice a week to improve the circulation of blood, oxygen., and nutrients thoughts the scalp.
- Stay away from tight hairstyles (ponytails, braids, etc.) that can put extreme pressure on your hair shafts and damage your hair follicles eventually.
- Always use a mild herbal shampoo that is very gentle to your hair and does not aggravate hair loss.
- Steer clear of heat styling and chemical styling to avoid excessive loss of hair.
- Try to keep your stress level under control by practicing yoga, meditation, etc. regularly.
Hair loss is an extremely common phenomenon experienced by people of all age, gender, and race across the world. When you lose more hair than usual, it should be a matter of concern for you. Numerous factors can be responsible for your excessive hair fall. But if it is temporary, you can put a stop to it and grow the lost hair back by following some simple preventive tips as well as some good anti-hair loss products. All you need to do is find the best products that can address your concern the most effective way.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the Most Effective Hair Loss Treatment?
Most effective topical hair loss treatments include the use of over-the-counter medications like minoxidil (Rogaine) and finasteride (Propecia).
Can Thinning Hair Be Restored?
When the hair follicles are closed, scarred, or have disappeared completely, there is no chance of generating new hair fibers from them. However, if the follicles are intact, the regrowth is also possible.
What Vitamin Should I Take for Hair Loss?
Vitamins that are essential for stopping hair loss and growing thick, strong, and healthy hair are vitamin A, vitamin C, and biotin.
Can Too Much of Vitamin A Cause Hair Loss?
Yes, too much intake of vitamin A can push your hair follicles to the end of the growth phase prematurely and you may end up losing your hair fast.
- “Do You Have Hair Loss or Hair Shedding?“, AAD.org
- “Hair Loss: Tips for Managing“, AAD.org
- “Everything You Need to Know About Hair Loss“, Healthline.com