According to our normal hair cycle, we lose 50 to 100 hair strands daily. That is normal. But when the number exceeds, it becomes a severe concern, indeed! Acute hair fall (hair strands with follicles attached to them) can be a sign of balding, and one should start following an effective remedy as soon as it comes to the notice. While pricey hair fall treatments at salons and spas might work or not for you, there are a few natural solutions, like garlic shampoo, that can relieve you from the worries of hair loss. The garlic-infused shampoo will prevent your hair fall and make your mane healthy. Check out the details:
What Are So Good About Garlic Shampoo?
Being a herb with a wide range of dietary and beauty benefits, garlic has also found its way into our hair care. It has been used as a hair loss treatment for decades, and the effects are lovely. Hence, using it along with your shampoo can never disappoint you. Let us have a look at all the goodness a garlic shampoo can offer to you:
- It is a surefire natural remedy for stopping hair loss. Garlic is loaded with sulfur, which takes excellent care of our scalp and improves its health by stimulating the flow of blood throughout it. As a result, the vitality of our hair fibers is increased, and we get rid of hair thinning.
- It promotes hair growth to give us long, beautiful hair. Garlic is loaded with essential vitamins (B6, B7, C, etc.) and minerals (copper, sulfur, selenium, etc.), which are highly beneficial for the health of our hair and eventually help it grow remarkably longer.
- It averts the untimely graying of hair and helps restore its natural color. The high copper content of garlic can maintain and intensify the original pigmentation of our hair fibers, thereby fighting against premature graying successfully. (1) (2)
Homemade Garlic Shampoo Recipe
People often find themselves more comfortable picking OTC garlic shampoos for hair loss treatment. But if you love DIY projects and want to go natural to boost your mane’s health with some quality garlic extract, this simple recipe is the best for you. Here we go:
- Fresh, raw organic garlic – 10 to 15 cloves (Pay close attention to the quality)
- Water – 1 to 2 tablespoons
- Olive oil – 1 teaspoon (optional)
- Essential oils (tea tree oil, peppermint oil, and jojoba oil) – 10 drops each (optional)
- Organic shampoo – as required (based on the length and volume of your hair)
- A mixer grinder / a food processor
- A mixing bowl
- A spoon
- A mason jar / an empty airtight bottle / any other container for storage
Steps To Follow:
- Start with peeling the garlic cloves neatly. Clean and wash them under running water to ensure that there is no trace of dirt. This is important as contamination in your homemade garlic shampoo might affect the results and spoil your efforts.
- Put the clean garlic cloves in the mixer grinder or the food processor and add water to make the grinding easier. If you are using olive oil and other essential oils like tea tree oil, peppermint oil, and jojoba oil, add them at this stage.
- Turn the grinder or the processor on and form a smooth, creamy paste. Try to get a uniform consistency so you do not have difficulty mixing it with the shampoo in the next step.
- Add the garlic paste to the mild, organic shampoo into the mixing bowl.
- Blend very well by using the spoon. Make sure that the consistency of the final mixture is not too thin. Instead, it should be thick to some extent.
- Transfer it to the mason jar or the airtight bottle and store it in a cool, dark place.
How Do You Use Garlic Shampoo For Hair Loss?
Garlic shampoo can be used 2-3 times a week to keep hair fall away. Just apply it onto your palm in small quantities to your hair thoroughly. Massage the shampoo into your scalp gently by moving your fingertips in a small circular motion. Do it for the next 15-20 minutes. Please wait for a couple of minutes and let it sit. Then, rinse off with lukewarm water. Finally, wash your hair with plain cold water to finish the procedure.
However, it would be best to have big, juicy, purple or white garlic cloves. They are fleshier than the yellowish ones and can provide more benefits to our hair. If you wish, you can also purchase commercial garlic-infused shampoos available in the market.
Experiencing excessive hair loss can be concerning, but natural remedies like garlic shampoo are cost-effective. Garlic, rich in sulfur and essential vitamins, stimulates blood flow to the scalp, preventing hair thinning and promoting growth. This DIY garlic shampoo recipe involves blending garlic cloves with water and optional oils, then mixing with organic shampoo for a homemade treatment. Use 2-3 times weekly, applying to hair, massaging into the scalp, and rinsing for healthier, longer locks.