According to our normal hair cycle, we all lose 50 to 100 hair strands every day. That is totally normal. But when the number exceeds, it becomes a serious concern, indeed! Acute hair fall (hair strands with follicles attached to them) can be a sign of balding and one should start following an effective remedy as soon as it comes to the notice. While pricey hair fall treatments at salons and spas might work or not for you, there are a few natural solutions like garlic shampoo that can give you relief from the worries of hair loss for sure. The garlic-infused shampoo will not only prevent your hair fall, but it will also make your mane healthy. Check out the details:
What Are So Good About Garlic Shampoo?
Being a herb with a wide range of dietary as well as beauty benefits, garlic has found its way into our hair care too. It has been used as a hair loss treatment since last few decades and the effects are wonderful. Hence, using it along with your shampoo can never disappoint you. Let us have a look at all the goodness a garlic shampoo can offer to you:
- It is a surefire natural remedy for stopping hair loss. Garlic is loaded with sulfur, which takes great care of our scalp and improves its health by stimulating the flow of blood throughout it. As a result, the vitality of our hair fibers is increased and we get rid of hair thinning.
- It promotes hair growth to give us long beautiful hair. Garlic is loaded with essential vitamins (B6, B7, C, etc.) and minerals (copper, sulfur, selenium, etc.), which are extremely beneficial for the health of our hair and eventually help it grow remarkably longer.
- It averts the untimely graying of hair and helps in restoring its natural color. The high copper content of garlic can maintain as well as intensify the original pigmentation of our hair fibers, thereby fighting against premature graying successfully.
Also Read – The Great Garlic Debate: Can It Cure Your Acne? Here
Homemade Garlic Shampoo Recipe
People often find themselves more comfortable in picking OTC garlic shampoos for their hair loss treatment. But if you are a lover of DIY projects and want to go natural in order to boost the health of your mane with some quality garlic extract, this simple recipe is the best for you. Here we go:
Also Read – How To Treat Your Hair With Kalonji Oil For Preventing Hair Loss Here
- Fresh, raw organic garlic – 10 to 15 cloves (Pay close attention to the quality)
- Water – 1 to 2 tablespoons
- Olive oil – 1 teaspoon (optional)
- Essential oils (tea tree oil, peppermint oil and jojoba oil) – 10 drops each (optional)
- Organic shampoo – as required (based on the length and volume of your hair)
- A mixer grinder / a food processor
- A mixing bowl
- A spoon
- A mason jar / an empty airtight bottle / any other container for storage
Steps To Follow:
- Start with peeling the garlic cloves neatly. Clean and wash them under running water to ensure that there is no trace of dirt. This is important as any type of contamination in your homemade garlic shampoo might affect the results and spoil your efforts.
- Put the clean garlic cloves in the mixer grinder or the food processor and add water to it in order to make the grinding easier. If you are using olive oil and other essential oils like tea tree oil, peppermint oil and jojoba oil, add them at this stage.
- Turn the grinder or the processor on and form a smooth, creamy paste. Try to get a uniform consistency so that you do not face in difficulty in mixing it with the shampoo in the next step.
- Now, pour the mild, organic shampoo into the mixing bowl as per the requirement and add the garlic paste to it.
- Blend very well by using the spoon. Make sure that the consistency of the final mixture is not too thin. Rather, it should be thick to some extent.
- Transfer it to the mason jar or the airtight bottle and store in a cool, dark place.
Also Read – All You Should Know About The Use Of Rosemary Oil For Hair Loss Here
How To Use Garlic Shampoo For Hair Loss?
Garlic shampoo can be used 2-3 times a week to keep hair fall away. Just take it onto your palm in small quantity and apply to your hair thoroughly. Massage the shampoo into your scalp gently by moving your fingertips in a small circular motion. Do it for next 15-20 minutes. Wait for a couple of minutes and let it sit. Then, rinse off with lukewarm water. Finally, wash your hair with plain cold water to finish off the procedure.
However, you must get big, juicy garlic cloves that are purple or whitish in color. They are fleshier than the yellowish ones and hence, can provide more benefits to our hair. If you wish, you can also purchase commercial garlic-infused shampoos available in the market.