We all deal with tons of hair problems, and hair loss is a major one among them. Excessive hair fall has become a universal problem these days, and I’m also not out of the loop. Hence, when I learned about the Indulekha Bringha Hair Oil, I immediately picked up a bottle. This Ayurvedic formula enriched with bhringraj oil has widely been advertised as medicine for hair growth, hair fall prevention, and premature graying. To know about my experience, go through the Indulekha Bringha Hair Oil review in detail. Also, learn about bhringraj oil and its hair benefits that make Indulekha Oil so popular.
What is Bhringraj Oil?
Before moving on to the Indulekha Bringha Hair Oil review, let us learn more about its main active ingredient. Bhringraj or ‘false daisy’, scientifically known as Eclipta alba, is a herb belonging to the sunflower family that mainly grows in parts of Thailand, China, Brazil, and India. The oil extracted from its leaves has a dark green and strong aroma. Bhringraj oil is prepared by combining this herb extract with an inactive carrier oil (coconut oil or sesame oil) and heating the mixture thoroughly. Being a natural remedy for several health and hair problems, the oil is widely used in the traditional Ayurvedic medicine of India to balance the doshas and heal the body.
Based on the recipes mentioned in old-world texts as the Bhaishajya Ratnavali, bhringraj oil formulations can be of different types. Apart from the carrier oil, other ingredients commonly used in bhringraj oil are amla oil, brahmi oil, licorice root, gotu kola, costus root, etc.
Read Also – How to Use Bhringraj Oil For Hair Growth? Pros, Cons, and DIY Recipe
Hair Benefits of Bhringraj Oil
Now, here are the benefits offered by bhringraj oil for our hair:
- Enhances blood circulation throughout the scalp to make hair healthy and strong
- Rich in antioxidant vitamin E, which combats oxidative damage of hair and impedes its growth
- May increase the number of hair follicles and prevent hair loss (even more effective than minoxidil (1)
- Has strong antimicrobial and antifungal properties that help in reducing dandruff (2)
- May slow or stop the premature graying process of hair by making it look darker
- It softens the hair and adds luster to it
- It keeps scalp infections away with its anti-inflammatory properties
Indulekha Bringha Hair Oil Review
According to the brand itself,
“Indulekha is an Ayurvedic proprietary medicine for hair fall enriched with Bringhraj, a herb known in Ayurveda granthas as ‘Keshraj- King of hair.’ Extracts of the Bringhraj plant are known for their medicinal properties that reduce hair fall and revive & regenerate hair. The Indulekha range includes Indulekha Bringha Oil & Indulekha Bringha Hair Cleanser.”
About Indulekha Bringha Hair Oil
Indulekha Bringha Oil is clinically proven to stop the issue of hair fall. It is prepared slowly and meticulously by combining the extracts of 13 precious herbs, including Bringharaj, Svetakutaja, and Amla. A clinical test conducted by an independent CRO has proven that the oil reduces hair fall and grows new hair upon regular usage (3).
Read Also – Expert Review: Sesa Hair Oil
As per the company, the oil has the following ingredients – Grape, Amla, Almond, Curry Leaves, Indrayava, Neem, Aloe Vera, Coconut Oil, Mulethi, Amrita, Brahmi, Camphor, Kshiram, Bhringraj.
- Grape – Enriched with antioxidants, the grape may boost immunity, improve overall health, and protect us from chronic diseases and certain types of cancer. (4)
- Amla – Amla conditions the scalp and promotes hair growth. It prevents premature greying of hair and minimizes dandruff. (5)
- Almond – Loaded with antibacterial properties, Almond keeps the scalp healthy and protects hair from sun damage and dandruff. It also hydrates the hair and cleanses hair follicles. (6)
- Curry Leaves – Curry leaves protect our hair from hair fall, premature greying, and dandruff. (7)
- Indrayava – It comes with anti-inflammatory properties and prevents dandruff-causing bacteria and fungus. (8)
- Neem – With its strong antioxidant properties, it protects the scalp from dandruff, prevents frizziness, and promotes the overall health of the scalp. (9)
- Aloe Vera – Aloe vera can remove access oil from the scalp and is often used as a cleansing agent. (10)
- Coconut Oil – Perhaps one of the most versatile oils used in the hair care industry promotes hair growth and improves the overall health of hair. (11)
- Mulethi – It not only boosts immunity but also protects our skin from various ailments like rashes, eczema, psoriasis (12)
- Amrita – It improves immunity, reduces stress and signs of aging. (13)
- Brahmi – With the goodness of natural elements, it promotes hair growth. (14)
- Camphor – Camphor is used in treating anxiety and hair loss-related disorders. In addition to that, it is also effective in treating acne, wart, and depression. (15)
- Bhringraj protects us from various skin infections and promotes hair growth(16). We have already discussed the benefits of bhringraj in detail at the beginning.
Also Read – 12 Interesting Benefits of Neem Oil for Skin and Hair
It is a simple plastic bottle with a large screw cap, pre-fitted with the ‘Selfie comb’. This exclusive dispensing mechanism helps in depositing the oil directly on the scalp to reach the roots of the hair easily and quickly. The bottle comes in a cardboard box with all the necessary information.
It’s unique selfie dispensing comb is similar to a hair root applicator bottle which allows the oil to reach directly to the scalp thus minimizing efforts.
Rs. 345 for 100 ml. and Rs. 971 for 250 ml.
2 years from the date of manufacturing
Read Also – Expert Review: Kesh King Ayurvedic Medicinal Oil
What Does the Product Claim?
Indulekha Bringha Oil claims to be a safe, healthy, and completely natural remedy for controlling the rate of hair loss. It is suggested for all three stages of hair care in Ayurveda, namely, ‘Kesavardhanan’ or hair growth, ‘Kesapathasamanam’ or hair loss prevention, and ‘Palitam’ or prevention of premature graying. Packed with herbs, such as bringha, amla, aloe vera, and neem steeped in virgin coconut oil, this oil offers the following benefits:
- Promotes new hair
- Reduces hair fall
- Fights dandruff
- Prevents premature greying
- Maintains healthy scalp
How to Use
For the first week, I used the oil as per the instructions. I applied a capful of Indulekha Bringha Oil to my hair every night, massaged it well into the scalp, and followed it up with a wash every morning. However, once you are through the first week, you can use it in place of your regular oil an hour before your hair wash – be it every alternate day or two days a week. You can also use a few drops of the oil after each hair washes to tame your flyaways.
Read Also – Review Alert! – Satthwa Premium Hair Oil
My Experience with Indulekha Bringha Oil
Indulekha Bringha oil gets a light brown color from all the herbs present and has a powerful smell. Its consistency is just like coconut oil. Though I experienced a lot of hair fall while washing my hair every day in the first week, it subsided a bit later on. After week one, I made sure to apply a substantial amount of oil to my hair before each wash. I massaged my scalp well for about 15 minutes with the selfie comb to revitalize the roots and left it to soak for an hour. Then, I tried washing it off with shikakai powder, but the hair oil was not washed off easily. Rather, it needed shampoo to be washed off entirely, even during the last rinse.
I could not get myself to apply it after hair washes, considering how strong its fragrance is. However, it adds a lot of bounce to the hair and helps fight dandruff. Though I found the hair fall reduced slightly, my hair has not gained extra length. Maybe it needs 5-6 months of continuous usage to see hair regrowth.
I am currently on a break from using it during winter since excessive usage of Bringha can sometimes induce cold and cough. But yes, unless the hair treatment is coupled with good food, exercise, and regular trimming of the hair, it certainly will not show any remarkable result.
Read Also – Dove Elixir Nourished Shine – Hibiscus and Argan Oil Review
- 100% natural
- It has a lot of beneficial herbs
- It puts a stop to hair fall
- Helps control dandruff
- Prevents premature greying
- Promotes hair regrowth
- It comes with a selfie comb
- Powerful smell
- Too pricey
- Slightly tricky to wash off
Will I Repurchase?
Yes, anything to stop hair loss!
Read Also – Himalaya Herbals Protein Hair Cream Extra Nourishment Review Here
Side Effects of Indulekha Bringha Hair Oil
- Some users have experienced excessive hair loss after switching to Indulekha Bringha Oil.
- According to a few users, hair fall started increasing after using it.
- The oil has a sticky element, making the hair a bit greasy.
- There is a possibility of getting cold and cough because of its cooling properties.
Indulekha Bringha Hair Oil is an ayurvedic hair treatment oil. The main active ingredient in the oil is bhringaraj oil, which has long been known as an Ayurvedic remedy for hair and health. Loaded with natural goodness of herbs, the Indulekha Bringha Oil stops hairfall, reduces dandruff, treats dry scalp, prevents premature greying and boosts hair regrowth. While I couldn’t find any major drawbacks, in my opinion the product is little pricey. The strong smell and the greasiness of the oil can not be ignored. However my overall experience with Indulekha Bringha Hair Oil was positive.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Does It Work for Hair Regrowth?
Indulekha Bringha Oil holds the goodness of bhringraj, known for its excellent Ayurvedic hair benefits. It nurtures hair follicles and increases blood circulation to them, thereby aiding the regrowth of hair.
Does It Remove Dandruff?
The oil contains Svetakutaja, widely used in Ayurveda for its antimicrobial and antifungal properties. So, regular use of it can keep dandruff and other scalp infections away.
Does It Reduce the Number of White Hair?
The Ayurvedic medicinal oil is loaded with amla, one of the richest natural sources of vitamin C. It helps strengthen the hair follicles while preventing the occurrence of white hair.
How Good is the Oil for Overall Hair Health?
In Indulekha Bringha Oil, all precious herbs are steeped in virgin coconut oil. Being rich in antioxidants, essential nutrients, and minerals, it can take good care of your hair and improve its overall health gradually.
Can I Leave Indulekha Hair Oil Overnight?
Indulekha Hair Oil combines all-natural ingredients beneficial for our scalp and hair. So, leaving it overnight and washing it off the following day will help improve the quality of the hair.
Does Indulekha Thicken Hair?
The herbal ingredients used in Indulekha Hair Oil can nourish the scalp intensely. This helps strengthen hair follicles, thus making the hair fibers longer, thicker, and shinier.
Is It Necessary to Wash Hair after Applying Indulekha?
It is always good to wash hair after applying Indulekha Hair Oil. Otherwise, your scalp and hair may feel too greasy.
Read Also – Why Should You Use Arnica Oil for Hair? With Application and Side Effects
- “Hair Growth Promoting Activity of Eclipta alba in Male Albino Rats“, Link.Springer.com
- “Antibacterial Activity of Eclipta alba (L.) Hassk“, JAPSOnline.com
- “Indulekha“, HUL.co.in
- “Top 12 Health Benefits of Eating Grapes“, Healthline.com
- “Can You Use Amla Powder for Hair Health?“, Healthline.com
- “The Benefits of Almond Oil for Skin, Hair, and Cooking“, Healthline.com
- “Health Benefits of Curry Leaves“. TimesOfIndia.IndiaTimes.com
- “Effect of Indrayava (Holarrhena antidysenterica Seed) on Inpatient Uncomplicated Severe Hyperglycaemia: A Case Study“, OmicsOnline.org
- “What are the Benefits of Neem?“, MedicalNewsToday.com
- “Aloe Vera for Hair: What’s Fact and What’s Fiction“, Cosmopolitan.com
- “Ways Coconut Oil Can Benefit Your Hair“, MarieClaire.com
- “Mulethi/मुलेठी/Yastimadhu/Licorice/Liquorice/Glycyrrhiza Glabra“, Dabur.com
- “10 Amazing Benefits of Giloy: The Ayurvedic Root of Immortality“, Food.NDTV.com
- “19 Herbal Remedies for Hair Growth“, Healthline.com
- “How to Use Camphor Safely: Benefits and Precautions“, Healthline.com
- “The Health Benefits of Bhringaraj Oil“, VeryWellHealth.com