Whether you have straight hair or curly hair, it is going to be a nightmare for you when it is frizzy. You style it perfectly in the morning and head outside your home just to come back with a tangled mess at night. In fact, it totally gets on your nerves the moment you hear the word ‘humidity’. But worry not. With the right anti-frizz shampoos at hand, this problem can be cured. Let us tell you about the 10 best shampoos for frizzy hair that will help you manage your hair like a pro.
What Causes Frizzy Hair?
Frizz occurs when moisture passes through the cuticle layer of your hair and makes the underlying strands swell up. This causes the hair to appear dry and frizzy rather than smooth and silky. Some of the most common causes of frizz include (1):
- Using hair care products with high amounts of sulfates
- Frequent application of hair styling products containing alcohol
- Cleaning and washing hair with warm or hot water
- Using a regular towel for drying hair
- Too much use of heat styling tools
- Brushing or combing hair repeatedly
- Touching hair again and again
Curly hair tends to have more frizz problems than straight hair due to excessive dehydration in the strands. Also, those living in humid areas are more prone to frizziness as the hair poofs up trying to absorb all the moisture in the air.
How to Treat Frizzy Hair?
Frizz generally occurs when the hair is not nourished properly. Using natural ingredients that can maximize the moisturization, hydration, and nourishment of your hair is always a great solution to this. You can try apple cider vinegar, coconut oil (2), argan oil, avocado, egg, etc. to make your hair appear soft, smooth, and shiny over time. Also, make sure to use a shampoo prepared with quality anti-frizz nutrients that are gentle on the hair. These shampoos are formulated to properly moisturize your hair so that it is soft, sleek, smooth, and easy to style and manage.
10 Best Shampoos for Frizzy Hair That You Must Try
We are going to list down the best shampoos for frizzy hair that are our favorite too. Check them out:
1. Pantene Pro-V Silky Smooth Care Shampoo
With the best Pantene Pro-V Silky Smooth Care Shampoo, you can make your frizzy hair silky smooth while protecting it from damage. Regular hair will give you a gorgeous mane that is stronger inside and shinier outside.
- World’s no. 1 shampoo and conditioner brand
- Shampoo with keratin damage blockers
- Smoothens rough, frizzy hair
- Strengthens against styling damage
- Thicker, stronger hair in 14 days
- Up to 10X more damage protection
- Cleanses hair and locks in essential moisture
- Manageable hair all-day even in humid weather
Price: Rs. 220 for 360 ml.
2. Dove Nutritive Solutions Intense Repair Shampoo
The new Dove Nutritive Solutions Intense Repair Shampoo is designed to provide a super nourishment solution for damaged and frizzy hair. It repairs the hair surface while nourishing its core deeply, thereby leaving a soft and smooth mane.
- Enriched with Fiber Actives and (1/4) moisturizing milk
- Unbeatable damage repair formula
- Nourished and frizz-protected hair
- Protects against heat, pollution, and monsoon
- Reduces split ends
- Gives soft, smooth, and shiny hair after a single wash
- Makes it strong and beautiful
- Light appealing fragrance after each wash
Price: Rs. 110 for 180 ml.
Read Also – Best Hair Serums for Dry Hair – Top 5 Picks
3. TRESemme Keratin Smooth Shampoo with Argan Oil
The new Keratin Smooth Shampoo from the Pro Collection range by TRESemme gives you salon-style gorgeous hair at home while controlling frizz for up to 3 days after a single wash only. Get straighter and smoother hair with a healthy shine.
- New Keratin Smooth System infused with keratin and lightweight Argan oil
- Dual-action formula nourishes and rejuvenates hair
- Best for strengthening and smoothing hair
- Up to 100% smoother and shinier hair
- Controls frizz for up to 3 days
- Lower-sulfate formulation
- For frizzy, curly, and chemically-treated hair
- Salon-style gorgeous hair at home every day
- Suitable for daily use
Price: Rs. 240 for 340 ml.
4. Matrix Biolage Ultra Hydrasource Aloe Shampoo
Inspired by the rain forest’s ever-replenishing moisture cycle, the Matrix Biolage Ultra Hydrasource Aloe Shampoo optimizes the moisture balance in extremely dry and frizzy hair. Get healthy-looking hair with a beautiful shine.
- The goodness of aloe, algae extracts, cupuacu butter, and apricot kernel oil
- New hydra therapy technology
- Low pH formula with orchid and UV Complex
- Cleanses hair gently
- Gives intense moisturization
- Controls the volume of hair
- Makes very dry and frizzy hair manageable
- Prevents breakage, frizz, and flyaways
- Leaves hair soft with an instant shine
- Contains no paraben and synthetic dyes
- Protects color-and chemically-treated hair
- A fruity aroma that lingers on for days
Price: Rs. 380 for 400 ml.
5. L’Oreal Paris Professionnel SerieExpert Absolut Repair Lipidium Shampoo
The L’Oreal Paris Professionnel SerieExpert Absolut Repair Lipidium Shampoo is another great choice to reduce frizz and restore shine. It protects, strengthens, and reconstructs hair instantly, thus making it soft, shiny, and easy to manage.
- A professional formula
- Infused with Lipidium or lipids
- Preserves essential nutrients in the hair
- Protects and strengthens the fibers
- Cleanses hair gently
- Replenishes damaged hair
- Makes frizzy hair manageable
- Instant resurfacing and reconstructing shampoo
- Smoother, shinier, and silkier hair
- Does not weigh it down
- Suits all types of hair
- Ideal for frizzy and very damaged hair
- A pleasant, mild fragrance
- Perfect for everyday use
Price: Rs. 635 for 300 ml.
6. Oriflame Sweden HairX Advanced Care Frizz Control Smoothening Shampoo
This HairX Advanced Care Frizz Control Smoothening Shampoo by Oriflame Sweden revives dry and frizzy hair by making it smoother and silkier. Its phytonutrient complex nourishes and protects the locks effectively while taming its wild side.
- Contains Phytonutrients Complex
- Features Satin Shield Technology
- Cleanses hair effectively
- Makes hair more manageable
- Leaves hair softer, smoother, and silkier
- Ideal for frizzy and rebellious hair
Price: Rs. 429 for 250 ml.
7. Palmer’s Olive Oil Formula Smoothing Shampoo
The Palmer’s Olive Oil Formula Smoothing Shampoo cleanses the scalp thoroughly and moisturizes it intensely to smooth out frizz efficiently. It also makes hair healthier, stronger, and shinier over time.
- Enriched with 100% pure Jamaican black castor oil
- A balanced blend of cold-pressed extra virgin olive oil and hair keratin amino acids
- Moisture-rich formula with vitamin E
- Smoothes out frizz and improves hair texture
- Removes product buildups from the scalp
- Gives strong and shiny hair
- Best for unruly, frizz-prone hair
- Makes hair manageable and easier to style
- Free from sulfates, parabens, phthalates, mineral oils, and gluten
Price: Rs. 450 for 400 ml.
8. Godrej Professional Quinoa Smooth Shampoo
If you are looking to tame frizzy hair with a perfect dose of protein and moisture, do it with the Godrej Professional Quinoa Smooth Shampoo. It will make your hair soft, smooth, and lustrous by strengthening as well as repairing the damage.
- Enriched with hydrolyzed quinoa protein
- Offers a perfect moisture balance for hair
- Fortifies hair from within
- Strengthens and repairs hair
- Leaves hair smooth, lustrous, and manageable
- Specially created for Indian hair
- Best for frizzy and dull hair
- Absolutely safe for color-treated hair
Price: Rs. 350 for 250 ml.
9. Himalaya Herbals Damage Repair Protein Shampoo
The Himalaya Herbals Damage Repair Protein Shampoo offers intensive moisturization and deep conditioning to dry, damaged, and frizzy hair. It keeps the hair soft, smooth, and healthy upon daily use.
- 100% herbal actives
- A unique blend of chickpea and beach almond
- Nourishes and conditions hair from root to tip
- Repairs and revives already damaged hair
- Protects from further damage
- Makes hair soft, smooth, and healthy
- Specially formulated for dry, frizzy, and damaged hair
- Safe for color- and chemically-treated hair
- Ideal for daily use
Price: Rs. 230 for 400 ml.
10. OGX Renewing + Argan Oil Of Morocco Shampoo
This OGX Renewing + Argan Oil of Morocco Shampoo is an exotic precious blend that penetrates, moisturizes, and renews hair thoroughly. As a result, even the driest hair becomes soft, smooth, and divinely shiny.
- An exotic precious blend of argan oil sourced from Morocco
- Makes dry and frizzy hair healthy and gorgeous
- Renews hair to leave it soft, smooth, and shiny
- Moisturizes hair with natural vitamin E
- Protects from heat styling and UV damage
- Restores and strengthens hair to silky perfection
- Contains no parabens or sulfates
Price: Rs. 725 for 385 ml.
How to Reduce Frizz in Hair Naturally?
Apart from using anti-frizz shampoos, you can follow some simple tips and tricks to keep the frizziness of your hair under control:
- Dab your fingers into some oil and apply to your flyaways before fluffing your hair and setting your curls.
- Try to use a ceramic blow dryer to help prevent external dehydration from blow-drying your hair.
- Use a satin pillowcase in place of a cotton one to ensure that the moisture level in your hair is not depleted.
- Always deep condition your hair to ensure it is hydrated sufficiently. This helps keep frizz away and makes your hair much easier to style. A protein-infused conditioner is the best thing to try for this purpose (3).
- Opt for a microfiber towel instead of a regular bath towel so that you do not end up disturbing the cuticle layers of your hair fibers after washing.
- Use essential oil hair treatments right before shampooing to lock the natural moisture of hair in it.
Read Also – Natural Home Remedies for Frizzy Hair
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What Does Frizzy Hair Look Like?
Frizzy hair feels dry, damaged, and rough. It appears as stiff as a straw, which is opposite to the soft and smooth texture of healthy hair.
How Do You Know If you Have Frizzy Hair?
If you have frizzy hair, you will find it difficult to manage during extreme weather, especially monsoon and summer.
How Can I Hydrate My Hair?
Warm-up 2 tablespoons of coconut oil or olive oil and massage it gently into your scalp for 5 minutes. Tie all your hair into a bun and cover it with a shower cap. Wait for half n hour and then, wash your hair as you do.
Why Does My Hair Get Frizzy When I Comb It?
Combing or brushing not only disrupts the cuticles of hair but also stretches its fibers. These make the hair dry and vulnerable to frizz.
Which Comb is Best for Frizzy Hair?
It is always good to use a wide-tooth comb for your frizzy hair. Make sure that you comb your hair when it is partially wet as it will prevent knots and tangles from developing.
- “What Actually Causes Frizzy Hair?“, HuffingtonPost.in
- “Effect of Mineral Oil, Sunflower Oil, and Coconut Oil on Prevention of Hair Damage“, ncbi.nlm.nih.gov
- “How to Tame Frizzy Hair“, WebMD.com