Can a simple makeup remover help us improve our skin in other ways? Well, if it is the super nourishing sweet almond oil, it can. Yes, the oil extracted from dried almonds through the method of cold-pressing is not only considered as an amazing natural moisturizer but it is also a magical makeup remover in disguise. The health and beauty benefits of sweet almond oil are quite well-known. Hence, when you include this all-natural product in your skincare regimen for removing your makeup, you can certainly expect it to do good to your skin in more than just one way. Let’s go a bit deeper:
How Is Almond Oil Different From Other Makeup Removers?
When it comes to using almond oil for getting rid of makeup, we usually become unable to decide on whether it would actually be better than other popular makeup removing alternatives. This is because we don’t know how exactly this oil does its job. Now, we are going to tell you why and how almond oil is different from other makeup removers available in the market:
Also Read – Use Almond Oil and Bid Adieu To Under Eye Dark Circles Here
- Instead of harsh chemical compounds, the sweet almond oil contains all natural substances that strictly prevent skin damages.
- It is rich in skin-friendly nutrients like vitamins (A, E, and D), oleic acid, linoleic acid, etc., which gives us a fresh and healthy skin after removing makeup.
- It is lightweight and gentle enough to use on our skin, especially on the sensitive parts, like the areas around the eyes (including eyelids) and lips.
- Being a light oil, it glides on the skin smoothly without leaving an oily residue.
- As it doesn’t have a thick and heavy consistency, the makeup can be wiped off easily without pulling or tugging the skin.
- It can also be used for removing stubborn eye makeup like waterproof mascara and you do not need to put extra efforts at all.
- It suits all types of skin (normal, dry, oily, combination, and sensitive) and can be used even with certain skin conditions or issues (psoriasis, eczema, etc).
- Though it is an oil, it will never give you acne or breakouts.
- It is completely odorless, which is good for sensitive noses.
- A little amount of the oil can go a long way. Therefore, it is pretty affordable too.
Also Read – DIY Super Simple Eye Makeup Remover Here
Benefits Of Using Almond Oil As a Makeup Remover
The goodness of almond oil is not only limited to how it is different from other makeup removers. As said earlier, it can benefit our skin in a number of other ways while applied topically for eliminating makeup. So, here are the advantages of using sweet almond oil as a makeup remover:
- Sweet almond oil is known to be one of the best natural moisturizers that can lubricate skin perfectly and preserve its natural moisture by restoring its normal pH.
- It is a great emollient that gets absorbed into the skin upon a little massage so that our skin doesn’t feel greasy at all.
- It works as an excellent natural sun protection. Due to its high antioxidant content, it can prevent sun damages as well as reverse their effects of long sun exposure efficiently.
- The antioxidant properties of sweet almond oil help our skin fight against damaging free radicals, thereby averting signs of aging like wrinkles, fine lines, age spots, and so forth.
- The oil is a natural anti-inflammatory agent, which offers soothing and calming effects on our skin while treating various allergies and infections.
- It can also successfully treat dark under eye circles with its high vitamin and antioxidant components.
Also Read – 8 DIY Makeup Removers from Your Kitchen Here
How To Use Almond Oil For Removing Makeup?
The process of using almond as a makeup remover is simple and easy to follow. The steps are given below:
- Pour 3-4 drops of sweet almond oil onto your palm and apply all over your face. If you are wearing lots of eye makeup, focus on applying the oil to your eye areas.
- Massage gently by using your fingertips. Follow a small circular motion to help your skin soak the oil up fast.
- Take a cotton ball or swab, dip it into rosewater, and rub your makeup off gently with it.
- Finally, wash your face with some lukewarm water. You may also skip this step and let the oil steep into your face to enjoy the maximum benefits.
If you want a shorter version of this method, just pour the drops of almond oil onto the cotton ball / swab / tissue / washcloth directly and wipe the makeup off your face by rubbing in a gentle manner.
However, if you have allergies to nuts, you should stay away from using almond oil topically. It is always good to do a patch test before you start using the oil for removing makeup from your skin.