Are you in your 40s and also depressed about the condition of your skin? Have you ever heard about the galvanic skin treatment? Well, let us guide you through the process and tell you how it can solve your issues easily.
What is Galvanic Facial / Skin Treatment?
Galvanic skin treatment, also known as galvanic therapy or galvanic facial or galvanic iontophoresis, is an exclusive treatment method for skin. Women, who are at their 40s or above, can undergo this treatment to get smooth and youthful skin. The method involved in this treatment is called ‘iontophoresis’ in which a soft or low-intensity electric current (charged particles) is applied to the inner layers of the aged skin electrically by using a charged gel and a uniquely devised machine. It helps in nourishing the skin, boosting the supply of oxygen throughout it, making it revived and enhancing the efficacy of all other commercial skincare products used on it afterwards.
The Procedure of Galvanic Facial / Skin Treatment
The whole procedure of the galvanic skin treatment carried out by professionals can be divided into two phases. We are explaining them below:
- Disincrustation: It is the first or ‘negative charge cycle’ in which a negatively charged pre-treatment gel is used to cover the skin to be treated. Now, the negatively charged galvanic facial machine is moved over the skin smoothly to repel the negative charges present in the gel and push it into the deepest layer of the skin.
- Iontophoresis: It is the second or ‘positive charge cycle’ in which positive charge is used to penetrate the positively charged anti-aging components into the deepest layer of the skin so that they can actually work.
Also Read – Get a Wedding Day Makeover Through Pre-Wedding Cosmetic Surgery Here
Benefits of Galvanic Facial / Skin Treatment
- It cleanses as well as purifies the skin.
- It provides excellent nourishment to the skin cells.
- It boosts the circulation of oxygen in our skin cells.
- It helps various anti-aging products to work perfectly.
- It keeps aging at bay by driving off different signs of aging.
- It gives a smooth and glowing skin even at 40 and that too without any surgery.
Time Required for the Galvanic Facial / Skin Treatment
Each session of the galvanic facial or skin treatment should take around 45 minutes to 1 hour.
Best Candidates for Galvanic Facial / Skin Treatment
No matter what your skin type is, you can always go for this galvanic facial or skin treatment. However, those who have diabetes or cardiovascular problems should stay away from it. People having pregnancy, pacemaker or metal implants inside the body are also not good candidates for this method.
How to Practice Galvanic Facial at Home?
Needless to say, you should seek the help of a pro for the galvanic skin treatment. But if you want give it a shot by yourself at home, you have the option too. All you need is a robust galvanic facial machine, a galvanic gel (targeting your skin problems), an effective facial cleanser, a suitable moisturizer and a soft wet towel. The steps are given below:
- Do a clean-up with the facial cleanser and pat the skin dry.
- Squeeze out the galvanic gel generously and apply a thick layer.
- Place the galvanic facial machine on your forehead, switch it on and start moving it smoothly in small circular motions.
- Do the same for your cheeks, nose and chin maintaining the sequence.
- Wipe out the excess galvanic gel by using the soft wet towel.
- Finally, apply the moisturizer thoroughly.
Also Read – Your Guide to Reconstructive Plastic Surgery Here
Facts to Remember for At-home Galvanic Facial
Make sure that you keep the following things in mind while doing galvanic facial at home:
- Move the machine as per the normal alignment of your bones.
- Avoid using the machine around your eyes.
- Never ever pull your skin while using the machine.
Cost of Galvanic Facial / Skin Treatment
If you undergo the galvanic skin treatment in a renowned beauty salon or spa, you may have to shed anywhere between $150 and $220 for each session. As it needs to be carried out at least twice every month and continued thereafter to maintain the results, the entire procedure turns out to be an expensive one. However, at-home galvanic facial would be much lighter on your wallet and you don’t need to compromise with the results too.
Image credit – Featured, 1, 2