It is the dream of every girl to have flawless and beautiful skin that adds to inner confidence. However, our skin elasticity and firmness gradually decline with age. It is observed that women in their thirties start showing signs of aging, such as wrinkles, saggy skin, fluffy eyes, fine lines, crow’s feet, and many more. Therefore, before you start buying any skin-tightening product, it is always better to stay informed about its factors, benefits, and other associated elements.
What Causes of Saggy Skin?
There is no doubt that growing age is the most prominent cause of shapeless skin problems. Experts believe that with age, a person’s skin fails to retain its firmness, thus resulting in less collagen production, which helps keep the connecting tissues together.
Other reasons equally responsible for wrinkled skin include improper lifestyle, inappropriate diet, too much alcohol intake, smoking, etc. In addition, sometimes excess weight loss results in sagging skin, especially in the waist, face, and neck (1).
Skin Tightening Products: Why You Need It?
Loads of creams and lotions are available to help you enjoy youthful skin for many more days. These anti-aging and skin-firming creams are most commonly made from ingredients such as retinol plant, caffeine, and hyaluronic acid, which help regain the collagen level in your skin, stimulating its growth better (2).
Selecting the Right Skin Tightening Product
With so many anti-aging creams in the market, deciding on the best one is tricky. While making your choice, it is suggested that you keep the following tips in mind to enjoy maximum benefits (3):
- It should suit your skin type: Everyone has a different skin type, such as sensitive, normal, dry, oily, or combination. Therefore, always verify that it perfectly satisfies your skin and pattern while purchasing any cosmetic product.
- Reasonable and pocket-friendly: Set a budget before buying any beauty product. People often get spoiled for choice with too many options, thus resulting in an impulsive purchase.
- Tried and tested solutions: Always try to bank on suggestions and reviews from dependable people such as relatives and friends who have tried similar products. You will always get to know the pros and cons of a product better from their firsthand experience.
- With SPF formulae – Look for a cream that comes with SPF.
Ingredients to Avoid
Before you buy a skin-tightening cream, always look for the product’s ingredients. It is recommended to go with herbal formulae. Also, make sure that your product is free from Parabens and Fragrances.
9 Best Skin Tightening Products in India
Now that you are well informed about the various factors, aspects, and solutions for sagging skin, let’s learn about India’s best skin-tightening products. Read below to find out:
1. Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula Firming Butter
Palmer’s firming body butter is a thick formula that penetrates deep into your skin and improves its texture and elasticity. The firming butter is rich in cocoa butter and is known to fight cellulite. It also has the co-enzyme Q10 antioxidant, which helps renew and revitalize skin. It is priced at Rs. 625 for 315 ml.
2. Biotique Bio Wheat Germ Firming Face and Body Cream
The Biotique Bio Wheat Germ Firming Face and Body cream helps tighten the skin all over your body. It comes with wheat germ extracts, sunflower and almond oil, and carrot extracts. Together, they help hydrate your skin, improve skin renewal, and ton your body. In addition, regular use prevents the skin from premature aging. It is priced at Rs. 320 for 55 g.
3. Bio Oil
One of the latest skin treatments on the market, Bio-oil, is composed of calendula oil, mineral oil, rosemary oil, vitamin A & E, sunflower oil, lavender oil, and chamomile oil. It helps you remove new and old scars, improves skin tone, reduces stretch marks, firms up the skin when massaged, and helps replenish the skin’s oils, making it smooth and flexible. It is non-greasy and suitable for all skin types. It is priced at Rs. 450 for 60 ml.
4. Aroma Magic Firming Gel
The Aroma Magic Firming Gel is non-greasy. Massage all over the body to get firm and well-toned skin. This skin-firming gel contains lemon, ivy, orange, aloe vera, Indian pennywort, and grapefruit essential oil. The best way to use it is to apply it over an area and cover it with a cling wrap for a half-hour. The gel helps reduce sagging breasts, double chin, flabby arms and thighs, and skin sagging in other body parts. It is priced at Rs. 525 for 200 ml.
5. Olay Total Effects 7 in One Anti-Aging Night Firming Treatment
Designed and formulated for complete skincare, Olay Total Effects 7 in One Anti-Aging Night Firming Treatment contains vitamin niacin and antioxidants that help relieve the seven signs of aging. Suitable for all skin types, this cream works wonders for spot reduction, wrinkles, toning, and many more. It is priced at Rs. 949 for 50g.
6. Lakme Youth Infinity Skin Firming Night Crème
Lakme Youth Infinity Skin Firming Night Crème helps repair and rejuvenate your skin during sleep. Having Insta collagen boosters, this night crème enhances your skin’s elasticity and gives you a younger look with regular usage. Ideally suited for all skin types, salon experts recommend this night crème. It is priced at Rs. 1049 for 50ml.
7. Himalaya Herbals Revitalizing Night Cream
Enriched with Lemon, Crab Apple, Wheat, White Lily, and Tomato, this revitalizing night cream effectively treats sunburns, damaged skin, wrinkles, and dark patches. It provides a natural healing touch to dull and damaged skin and maintains elasticity. It is priced at Rs. 270 for 50gms.
8. Dot & Key Night Reset Retinol + Ceramide Sleep Treatment Cream
With its key ingredients, Retinol and ceramides, this night cream treats signs of aging, pigmentation, dark spots, and fine lines. Additionally, it hydrates skin and improves skin elasticity, providing radiant skin. It is priced at Rs. 245 for 15ml.
9. VLCC Skin Tightening Facial Kit
This tightening kit from VLCC aims to boost natural cleansing functions. It also eliminates toxins and improves blood circulation. It is priced at Rs. 4570 for 252gm.
Side Effects of Skin Tightening Creams
Although no significant side effects are found to be associated with skin-tightening creams, one may experience redness, swelling, brushing, and tingling. Contact your dermatologist if you share any of these signs (4).
Skin tightening creams can provide you visible results over a period of time. However, it is important to maintain a healthy lifestyle, quit smoking and follow a good diet plan.
- “Why Do I Have Saggy Skin, and What Can I Do About It?” – healthline.com
- “MANY WAYS TO FIRM SAGGING SKIN” – aad.org
- “Skin Tightening Creams: How They Work and How to Pick the Best One” – dermcollective.com
- “Everything to Know About Skin Tightening Treatments for Your Face and Stomach” – healthline.com