Be it India or any other part of the world, acne is considered as one of the most common skin issues everywhere. The situation becomes even more out of control when the acne and pimples leave their ugly marks or lead to permanent scars. It has been found by scientists that glycolic acid can heal acne scars efficiently and fade the marks of pimples away while putting a stop to further breakouts. Though there are not many glycolic acid creams in the Indian market, the name of the Glyco 6 (Glycolic Acid Cream 6% w/w) has gained immense popularity for its effects on acne scars and pimple marks. It is a decent product intended for treating hyperpigmentation and can be used successfully with some restrictions. In today’s post, we are going to review this cream. Here we go:
About Glyco 6 Cream
- A Product By: Micro Labs Limited (made in India)
- Brand Name: Glyco 6
- Generic Name: Glycolic Acid
- Formulation: Cream
- Net Weight: 30 gm.
- Price:INR 141.83
- Shelf Life: 24 months
- Availability:At local medical stores and some online shops
Glycolic Acid 6% w/w in a cream base
Also Read – Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 50+ Review Here
Look And Feel
The Glyco 6 (Glycolic Acid Cream 6% w/w) comes in a simple packaging. Let’s start with the outer carton. It is a white cardboard box with the product details and other information printed on it. The product itself comes in a regular white-colored plastic tube with purple stripes around its neck. There is a tight white screw cap at its opening, which prevents a mess during application as well as leakage during traveling. Apparently, the shape and design of the tube is quite ordinary and it reminds us of various medicated ointments available in the market. However, the small size allows us to carry the tube everywhere easily. The cream is pure white in color and pretty thick in texture. It is non-sticky but makes the face fairly greasy after each application. It has a typical sweet smell like other skin creams, which is not very strong. It fades away within a few minutes and should not cause discomfort to sensitive noses.
What Does It Claim?
“Glyco 6 (Glycolic Acid Cream 6% w/w) containing the active ingredient glycolic acid is a naturally occurring substance called Alpha Hydroxyl Acid (AHA) and can be found in products such as fruits, milk and sugar cane. The medication has an exfoliating effect to help break up dead skin cells which have come together in unhealthy ways which leads to healthier skin. The cream has a variety of usages such as treating or preventing acne, fading of scars caused by acne, lightening of the skin color and even treats wrinkles for an anti-aging effect.”
Also Read – Rimmel London Hide The Blemish Concealer Review Here
What Does It Offer?
As said before, Glyco 6 (Glycolic Acid Cream 6% w/w) is a cream formula containing 6% glycolic acid in a thick base. Though it has a thick consistency, it is easily spreadable and gets absorbed into the skin within seconds. The cream has a greasy texture, which turns the face shiny. Hence, it is better to avoid during the daylight. However, regular usage of this cream at night can actually give you the desired results. It has a good percentage of glycolic acid, which offers excellent chemical exfoliation to help you get rid of dead cells. Consequently, the skin becomes brighter and more even-tined over time. It reduces dark or brown spots, marks, patches, and other discolorations and smoothes out pitted scarring to a large extent. The cream keeps the pores unclogged so that no further breakouts can occur. It also speeds up the healing of acne. However, it is not a miracle product and you should not expect the results overnight. It might take 4-5 months to show you significant reduction in your acne scars and pimple marks.
Gently apply the cream on the affected areas or as directed by the physician.
- Do not use the cream daily. Rather, apply it on your skin every alternate nights.
- Let your skin dry completely before using the cream. You must wait for 15-20 minutes in between cleansing the skin and applying the product.
- Make sure that you do not apply it around your eyes and mouth area.
- If you experience side effects like dryness, irritation, rashes, hives, scaling / peeling, redness, swelling, allergies, burning sensation, photosensitivity, hypopigmentation, etc., stop using the cream and get in touch with a dermatologist immediately.
- Always use a full-spectrum sunscreen while using the cream during the day. Also, try to avoid prolonged exposure to the sunlight as much as possible.
- One of the best glycolic acid creams in India
- Contains 6% (strong enough) glycolic acid
- Easy to spread on the skin
- Gets absorbed into the skin immediately
- Smells doesn’t linger on skin
- Offers excellent skin exfoliation
- Removes dark spots, marks and discoloration
- Smoothes out pitted acne scars
- Makes skin brighter and even-toned
- Travel-friendly packaging
Also Read – Lotus Sweat and Waterproof Sun Block Cream with SPF 30 Review Here
- Takes long time to show results
- Makes skin greasy and shiny
- Has many potential side effects
- Does not soothe or hydrate the skin
- Cannot be used during the daytime
- No full ingredient list available
- Not very easily available
Verdict: Glyco 6 (Glycolic Acid Cream 6% w/w) is certainly a great treatment for acne scars and pimple marks. But it is recommended that you consult an expert before using it in order to avoid any unwanted skin or health issues.
Image credit – Featured, 1