Patanjali has now become a leading name in the FMCG sector in India. And if we talk about the most popular products by the brand, the aloe vera juice will surely top the chart. It claims to be an excellent natural remedy for numerous health, skin, and hair-related issues. This juice has continuously been earning rave reviews since the day of launch. So, in this post, we will review Patanjali Aloe Vera Juice and unveil all the truth about it. But before starting it, let us have a quick look at the juice of aloe vera and its benefits.
What is Aloe Vera Juice?
Aloe vera juice is the juice extracted from the succulent aloe vera plant. It is a semi-transparent liquid of thick consistency and gooey texture, prepared directly from the flesh of aloe leaves. At first, some fresh and high-quality aloe vera leaves are collected and cleaned well. Then, they are crushed or ground thoroughly into the liquid to ensure no lumps are present. Finally, the liquid is purified and filtered correctly to produce 100% pure and fresh aloe vera juice. While aloe vera’s cooling and soothing properties make it an effective remedy for sunburns, its juice is considered a healthy elixir for its plenty of medicinal value. You can mix aloe vera juice with your favorite shakes and smoothies easily due to its mild, tolerable flavor and drink these concoctions as genuine whole food supplements.
The aloe juice for consumption should be absolutely pure with no added color or flavor. It should also be low in the latex compounds called anthraquinones, which are known to cause toxicity and adverse clinical effects. (1)
Benefits of Aloe Vera Juice
Here is how aloe vera juice can benefit you:
- Being alkaline in nature, it helps in maintaining the pH balance of the body, making it difficult for diseases to thrive
- The high level of water keeps dehydration away and detoxifies the body by purging and flushing out impurities
- Nourishes the body with vitamins like B, C, E, and folic acid and small amounts of minerals like sodium, calcium, potassium, magnesium, copper, zinc, manganese, selenium, chromium, etc. to steer clear of diseases
- It provides the body with many phytonutrients, optimizing the outputs of several organs like the liver and kidneys.
- Normalizes the levels of healthy gut bacteria in the body, which balances the healthy intestinal flora
- Increases the intestinal water content and boosts the process of peristalsis to give relief from constipation
- Takes the best skin care by fighting issues like dryness, acne, blemishes, dermatitis, psoriasis, etc.
- Antioxidants and vitamins in the juice can repair the skin, protect it from UV radiation, and keep aging at bay.
- Controls the secretion of stomach acids and gives relief from heartburn attacks, which averts gastric ulcers, too
- Several enzymes in it not only help in smooth digestion but also reduce the pain and discomfort associated with irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) (2)
Drink aloe vera juice after a heavy workout. It rehydrates the body by flushing out the lactic acid buildup from exercising.
About Patanjali Aloe Vera Juice
Established in 2006 by the famous yoga guru Baba Ramdev and Acharya Balkrishna, Patanjali is known to be one of the best Ayurvedic brands available in the country. Aloe vera juice is a trusted Patanjali product that always ensures the best quality.
- Manufacturer: Patanjali Ayurved Ltd.
- Net Weight: 1 liter.
- Price: INR 210
- Shelf life: 6 months
- Availability: Very readily available both online and offline
Every 10 ml. contains:
- Aloe Vera Juice (Aloe Barbadensis) – 9.47 ml.
- Excipients: Sorbital, Citric Acid, Xanthan gum
- Preservative: Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate-Q.S
Look And Feel
Patanjali Aloe Vera Juice comes in a variety of packaging. However, we are going to talk about the one that is most commonly seen around us. It is a huge green-colored, semi-transparent plastic bottle that resembles a typical edible oil bottle. We can easily keep an eye on the product left inside the bottle. A green screw cap is tightly set at the opening of the bottle, which is again secured with a transparent plastic cap to prevent spillage and leakage. However, being a large bottle of one liter, it is not travel-friendly. The label on the bottle contains all necessary information, including the composition, indication, dosage, etc. The aloe vera juice is a transparent fluid, slightly greenish. Though it is available in the form of ‘juice’ and, hence, has a thin consistency, the gel-like texture of the product does not allow it to dissolve into the water completely. The juice also does not have any significant smell.
What Does It Claim?
Patanjali Aloe Vera Juice (with fiber) is an ‘Ayurvedic Proprietary Medicine,’ also known as the ‘magic potion’ for its excellent medicinal qualities. It provides essential nutrients, including vitamins and minerals, to our body, which are helpful for indigestion, acidity, ulcers, constipation, immunity, skin diseases, aging, cholesterol, diabetes, arthritis, low energy level, detoxification, weight loss, etc.
What Does It Offer?
The first thing you will notice about the Patanjali Aloe Vera Juice is its taste. It is pathetic, and you might feel like trashing the product forever. It must also be the first thing consumed in the morning on an empty stomach. So, you might strongly urge a glass of plain water right after consuming it. But believe us, once your taste buds get familiarized with it, the juice will be a wonder product for your overall health and beauty. The best thing about Patanjali Aloe Vera juice is that it contains almost pure aloe vera juice with no harmful chemicals or side effects. It has many positive effects on our health as it has potent antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and anti-microbial properties. It mainly detoxifies our body and strengthens our immune system, which cumulatively aids digestion, absorption, metabolism, weight management, etc., and keeps several ailments away. It improves the tone and texture of the skin to a great extent. Regular consumption of this juice makes the skin brighter and even-toned with reduced appearance of pigmentation, marks, spots, and blemishes. This aloe vera juice makes hair healthy and more beautiful while keeping hair fall under control. It enhances the scalp’s health and soothes it significantly, freeing it from issues like dryness, itchiness, and dandruff. The hair becomes shiny and bouncy, too.
20-25 ml. twice a day on an empty stomach with the same quantity of water or as directed by a physician.
However, it might be quite tough to consume the recommended amount of juice every day due to its extremely bad taste. Also, aloe vera is a laxative and might not suit people with a sensitive stomach. Hence, you should start in a small quantity like 10 ml. (in a glass of water i.e. 200 ml.) a day and increase it gradually as your body becomes habituated.
- Pregnant and breastfeeding women should not consume it.
- Keep in a cool, dark, and dry place.
- Shake well before use.
- Consume within one month after opening the pack.
Read Also – DIY Aloe Vera Oil for Skin and Hair
- Almost pure aloe vera juice
- Completely herbal with no chemical compounds
- Improves the overall health
- It makes the quality of skin and hair better
- Keeps several mild to severe diseases away
- No smell
- Reasonably priced
- Easily available
- User-friendly, ready-to-use product
- One bottle lasts for an extended period
- Terrible taste
- The packaging is not travel-friendly
- It needs to be consumed as fast as within one month after opening the seal
If you want to enhance your overall health naturally, Patanjali Aloe Vera Juice is a must for you!
Side Effects of Drinking Aloe Vera Juice
Decolorized aloe vera juice is a safe choice compared to the colored variant. Decolorized juice, derived from whole-leaf aloe vera, undergoes purification, resulting in a lower anthraquinone level. A 2013 study demonstrated the absence of adverse effects in mice subjected to various concentrations of purified aloe vera juice for three months. In contrast, colored and unpurified aloe vera juice may pose risks, such as diarrhea and cramping, attributed to the toxic compound anthraquinone. Another 2013 study associated whole-leaf aloe vera extract consumption with benign and cancerous colon adenomas in rats. (3)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How Much Sugar is in Aloe Vera Juice?
Aloe vera juice is a good choice when controlling your blood sugar level. Typically, a four oz. Serving of the juice contains no sugar at all and only a very few calories.
How do you find the best Aloe Vera Juice?
While purchasing aloe vera juice, make sure that you choose the best quality product only. Organic, decolorized, and 100% pure aloe vera juice should be your way to go. If it comes with fillers, you will never get the most out of it.
How much Aloe Vera juice should you take daily?
According to experts, you can take up to 8 oz. of aloe vera juice daily for a significant health boost.
- “Aloe Vera: A Review of Toxicity and Adverse Clinical Effects,” ncbi.nlm.nih.gov
- “Aloe Vera in Treatment of Refractory Irritable Bowel Syndrome: Trial on Iranian Patients,” ncbi.nlm.nih.gov
- “Clear Evidence of Carcinogenic Activity by a Whole-Leaf Extract of Aloe barbadensis Miller (Aloe vera) in F344/N Rats“, ncbi.nlm.nih.gov