Patanjali has now become a leading name in the FMCG sector in India. And if we talk about the most popular products by the brand, the aloe vera juice will surely top the chart. It claims to be an amazing natural remedy for numerous health, skin, and hair related issues. In fact, this juice has continuously been earning rave reviews since the day of launch. So in this post, we are going to review Patanjali Aloe Vera Juice and unveil all the truth about it. But before starting it, let us have a quick look at the juice of aloe vera and its benefits.
What is Aloe Vera Juice?
Aloe vera juice is basically the juice extracted from the succulent plant of aloe vera. It is a semi-transparent liquid of thick consistency and gooey texture, which is prepared directly from the flesh of aloe leaves. At first, some fresh and high-quality leaves of aloe vera are collected and cleaned well. Then, they are crushed or ground thoroughly into the liquid to make sure that no lumps are present in it. Finally, the liquid is purified and filtered properly to come up with 100% pure and fresh aloe vera juice. While the cooling and soothing properties of aloe vera make it an effective remedy for sunburns, the juice of it is considered as a healthy elixir for its plenty of medicinal values. You can mix aloe vera juice with your favorite shakes and/or smoothies easily due to its mild, tolerable favor and drink these concoctions as true whole food supplements.
The aloe juice for consumption should be absolutely pure with no added color or flavor. It should also be low in the latex compounds called anthraquinones, which are known to cause toxicity and adverse clinical effects. (1)
Benefits of Aloe Vera Juice
Here is how aloe vera juice can benefit you:
- Being alkaline in nature, it helps in maintaining the pH balance of the body, making it difficult for diseases to thrive
- The high level of water keeps dehydration away and detoxifies the body by purging and flushing out impurities
- Nourishes the body with vitamins like B, C, E, and folic acid and small amounts of minerals like sodium, calcium, potassium, magnesium, copper, zinc, manganese, selenium, chromium, etc. to steer clear of diseases
- Provides the body with lots of phytonutrients, thereby optimizing the outputs of several organs like liver and kidneys
- Normalizes the levels of healthy gut bacteria in the body, which balances the healthy intestinal flora
- Increases the intestinal water content and boosts the process of peristalsis to give relief from constipation
- Takes the best care of the skin by fighting issues like dryness, acne, blemishes, dermatitis, psoriasis, etc.
- Antioxidants and vitamins in the juice can repair the skin, protect it from the UV radiation, and keep aging at bay
- Controls the secretion of stomach acids and gives relief from heartburn attacks, which averts gastric ulcers too
- Several enzymes in it not only help in smooth digestion but also reduce the pain and discomfort associated with irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) (2)
Drink aloe vera juice after a heavy workout. It rehydrates the body by flushing out the lactic acid buildup from exercising.
About Patanjali Aloe Vera Juice
Established in 2006 by the famous yoga guru Baba Ramdev and Acharya Balkrishna, Patanjali is known to be one of the best Ayurvedic brands available in the country. The aloe vera juice is a trusted Patanjali product that assures the best quality always.
- Manufacturer: Patanjali Ayurved Ltd.
- Net Weight: 1 liter.
- Price: INR 199.00
- Shelf life: 6 months
- Availability: Very easily available both online and offline
Every 10 ml. contains:
- Aloe Vera Juice (Aloe Barbadensis) – 9.47 ml.
- Excipients: Sorbital, Citric Acid, Xanthan gum
- Preservative: Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate-Q.S
Look And Feel
Patanjali Aloe Vera Juice comes in a variety of packaging. However, we are going to talk about the one that is most commonly seen around us. It is a huge green-colored semi-transparent plastic bottle that looks like a typical bottle of edible oil. We can easily keep an eye on the product left inside the bottle. A green screw cap is tightly set at the opening of the bottle, which is again secured with a transparent plastic cap in order to prevent spillage and leakage. However, being a large bottle of one liter, it is not at all travel-friendly. The label pasted on the bottle contains all necessary information including the composition, indication, dosage, etc. The aloe vera juice itself is a transparent fluid, which is slightly greenish in color. Though it is available in the form of ‘juice’ and hence, has a thin consistency, the gel-like texture of the product does not allow it to dissolve into the water completely. The juice also does not have any significant smell.
What Does It Claim?
Patanjali Aloe Vera Juice (with fiber) is an ‘Ayurvedic Proprietary Medicine’, which is also known as the ‘magic potion’ for its great medicinal qualities. It provides essential nutrients including vitamins and minerals to our body, which are useful for indigestion, acidity, ulcers, constipation, immunity, skin diseases, aging, cholesterol, diabetes, arthritis, low energy level, detoxification, weight loss, etc.
What Does It Offer?
The first and foremost thing that you will notice about the Patanjali Aloe Vera Juice is its taste. It is pathetic and you might feel like trashing the product forever. It also needs to be the first thing to consume in the morning on an empty stomach. So, you might feel a strong urge to have a glass of plain water right after consuming it. But believe us, once your taste buds will get familiarized with it, the juice will turn out to be a wonder product for your overall health and beauty. The best thing about Patanjali Aloe Vera juice is that it contains almost pure juice of aloe vera with no harmful chemicals and no side effects. It has tons of positive effects on our health as it has strong antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and anti-microbial properties. It mainly detoxifies our body and strengthens our immune system, which cumulatively aids in digestion, absorption, metabolism, weight management, etc., and keeps a number of ailments away. It improves the tone and texture of the skin to a great extent. Regular consumption of this juice makes the skin brighter and even-toned with reduced appearance of pigmentation, marks, spots, and blemishes. This aloe vera juice makes hair healthy and more beautiful while keeping hair fall under control. It enhances the scalp’s health and soothes it significantly to make it free from issues like dryness, itchiness, and dandruff. The hair becomes shiny and bouncy too.
20-25 ml. twice a day on an empty stomach with the same quantity of water or as directed by a physician.
However, it might be quite tough to consume the recommended amount of juice every day due to its extremely bad taste. Also, aloe vera is a laxative and might not suit people with a sensitive stomach. Hence, you should start in a small quantity like 10 ml. (in a glass of water i.e. 200 ml.) a day and increase it gradually as your body becomes habituated.
- Should not be consumed by pregnant and breastfeeding women.
- Keep in a cool, dark and dry place.
- Shake well before use
- Consume within one month after opening the pack.
Read Also – DIY Aloe Vera Oil for Skin and Hair
- Almost pure aloe vera juice
- Completely herbal with no chemical compounds
- Improves the overall health
- Makes the quality of skin and hair better
- Keeps a number of mild to severe diseases away
- No smell
- Reasonably priced
- Easily available
- User-friendly, ready to use product
- One bottle lasts for a long period
- Extremely bad taste
- The packaging is not travel-friendly
- Needs to be consumed as fast as within one month after opening the seal
If you want to enhance your overall health in a natural way, Patanjali Aloe Vera Juice is a must for you!
Side Effects of Drinking Aloe Vera Juice
Consuming aloe vera juice is safe as long as you are choosing the decolorized version over the colored one. Decolorized juice is the purified form of the juice with low anthraquinone level, which is typically obtained from whole leaf aloe vera. A 2013 study revealed that the purified juice of the plant causes no adverse effects on mice when given in various concentrations for 3 months. Conversely, colored and unpurified aloe vera juice can pose the risk of adverse effects like diarrhea and cramping, which can even lead to severe pain, dehydration, and electrolyte imbalances. This mostly happens due to the presence of the organic laxative compound called anthraquinone, which is considered highly toxic. The revelations of another 2013 study also linked the consumption of whole leaf aloe vera extract to colon adenomas (benign) and carcinomas (cancer) in rats. (3)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How Much Sugar is in Aloe Vera Juice?
When it comes to keeping your blood sugar level under control, aloe vera juice is a good choice. Typically, a 4 oz. serving of the juice contains no sugar at all and only a very few calories.
How to Find the Best Aloe Vera Juice?
While purchasing aloe vera juice, make sure that you choose the best quality product only. Organic, decolorized, and 100% pure aloe vera juice should be your way to go. If it comes with fillers, you will never get the most out of it.
How Much Aloe Vera Juice to Take Daily?
According to experts, you can take up to 8 oz. of aloe vera juice every day for a significant health boost.
- “Aloe Vera: A Review of Toxicity and Adverse Clinical Effects“, ncbi.nlm.nih.gov
- “Aloe Vera in Treatment of Refractory Irritable Bowel Syndrome: Trial on Iranian Patients“, ncbi.nlm.nih.gov
- “Clear Evidence of Carcinogenic Activity by a Whole-Leaf Extract of Aloe barbadensis Miller (Aloe vera) in F344/N Rats“, ncbi.nlm.nih.gov