Cetaphil Cleansing Lotion is quite a popular skin cleanser around the world. It is a medicated product that is often recommended by dermatologists to people with sensitive skin. If you are yet to give this cleansing lotion a try, here is a detailed review for you:
About The Brand ‘Cetaphil’
For your knowledge, here is the small preface to the brand in its own words:
“Cetaphil is a therapeutic skin care line recommended by dermatologists for dry, sensitive or disease-compromised skin. Fragrance-free, non-comedogenic and hypoallergenic, the product range includes specific cleansers, moisturizers and UV protectants for both face and body. Cetaphil cleansers provide clinically proven effective non-irritating, non-drying skin cleansing. Thanks to its high tolerance profile, Cetaphil is the ideal daily skincare regimen.”
Also Read – Biotique Bio Morning Nectar Lightening and Nourishing Lotion Review Here
About Cetaphil Cleansing Lotion (For Sensitive Skin)
- A Product By: Galderma Laboratories (U.S.)
- Net Weight: 60 ml., 125 ml.
- Price: INR 85.00, INR 149.00
- Shelf life: 2 years
- Availability: Very easily available both offline and online (medical and beauty stores)
- Key Ingredients: Cetyl Alcohol IP 2.650%w/w, Stearyl Alcohol IP 0.260%w/w
- Preservatives: Methyl Hydroxybenzoate IP 0.10%w/w, Propyl Hydroxybenzoate IP 0.05%w/w, Butyl Hydroxybenzoate BP 0.025%w/w
…in a lotion base with propylene glycol.
Look And Feel
The Cetaphil Cleansing Lotion (for sensitive skin) packaging consists of a white-blue paper carton with all necessary information printed on it. The product itself comes in a small white semi-transparent plastic bottle. The design is simple, the shape is adorable, and the structure is sturdy. It has a white flip cap tightly set at the top and the opening is enough to pour out required amount of lotion. The overall design of the bottle makes it quite a travel-friendly option. Being semi-transparent, it allows us to keep an eye on the product left inside. The lotion is creamy white in color with medium-to-runny consistency and a medicinal smell.
What Does It Claim?
Cetaphil cleansing lotion is a non-soap and liquid free lotion that allows gentle and thorough cleansing without the irritation associated with harsh soaps and cleansers. It is specially formulated to be non-drying and non-irritating. Its non-alkaline ph of 6.3-6.5 approximates the normal ph balance of the skin. It is fragrance-free and non-comedogenic. It has emollient properties, which leave the cleansed skin soft and supple.
Cetaphil Cleansing Lotion is recommended for using in the following conditions:
- Dermatitis or eczema (atopic dermatitis, contact dermatitis, diaper dermatitis, xerotic eczema, hand eczema, foot eczema, etc.)
- Ichthyosis (a heterogeneous family of genetic skin conditions)
- Facial acne (normal, dry, and sensitive skin)
- Mild yet effective skin cleansing for babies even during diaper rashes, cradle caps, etc.
- Dryness, irritation, sensitivity, etc. caused by medications (anti-acne treatment / oral drugs / retinoids)
Also Read – Warning! Bio Oil Review – Read this before you Buy! Here
What Does It Offer?
Cetaphil Cleansing Lotion (for sensitive skin) is an extremely mild cleanser that treats both dry and sensitive skin perfectly. It also works for combination skin to some extent. Even though it is a cleanser, it keeps the skin moisturized all day long. It has cetyl alcohol and stearyl alcohol as active ingredients which, being derived from natural fatty acids, work as emollients and lock in the natural moisture of the skin to keep it hydrated, soft, and smooth. This is certainly the best thing about the product. Moreover, it makes the skin absolutely free from dirt, oil, and all other impurities. Unlike other cleansers available in the market, it neither foams nor lathers. Rather, it feels like a gentle cream on the skin during application and makes the skin squeaky clean. Though not for a long time, but it can keep the skin oil and shine-free at least for some hours. Regular usage (twice or thrice a day) of this cleansing lotion heals the existing acne and prevents further breakouts positively. It is a great way to deal with rashes, redness, irritation, etc. effectively. It also works as a gentle makeup remover that eliminates makeup without causing any harm to the skin.
Apply Cetaphil Cleansing Lotion on moist skin and massage gently. Avoid scrubbing your skin. Rinse with water and pat dry with a soft towel. Alternatively, wipe off excess lotion with a soft tissue or cotton wool.
- Very mild cleanser
- Soap-free and pH-balanced formula with high tolerance
- Suits dry, sensitive and combination(to some extent) skin
- Removes impurities from the skin effectively
- Does not dry out the skin
- Keeps it moisturized all day long
- Makes skin soft, supple and smooth
- Can be used as a makeup remover
- Non-comedogenic and fragrance-free formulation
- Does not irritate sensitive skin
- Heals acne and breakouts gradually
- Prevents further breakouts
- Travel-friendly packaging
- Inexpensive compared to other medicated cleansers
- Easily available
- Dermatologically tested and approved
Also Read – Bath and Body Works Body Lotion Review Here
- Does not suit oily skin
- Unable to keep oil and shine at bay for a long time
- Does not lather (it’s a con only if you are fond of foaming cleansers)
- Has a medicinal smell
- No detailed list of ingredients
Verdict: It is a blessing for the dry, sensitive, and acne-prone skin. However, oily-skinned people should use it only in winters.
Also Read – DIY: How To Make Your Own Herbal Cleansing Lotion For Face