Did you find the title of the article ‘gross’? Well, think again! Unless you are a person with zero concern about your hair, you may like to give it a read. These days, it’s hard to find a woman, who is absolutely happy with her mane. From dandruff to excessive hair fall, there are tons of problems women need to deal with regarding their hair every day. Most of the times, no home remedy, herbal product, hair care cosmetic, or even medication work efficiently, thereby adding to the frustration. If considered, urine therapy can turn out to be a super effective solution for all these issues. Let us tell you about urine therapy for hair growth and everything else related to this unusual natural remedy.
Know About Your Urine
No matter how much we tell you about the ‘therapeutic’ benefits of ‘urine’, it sounds awkward to you and we totally understand it. Hence, let’s start with decoding the composition of urine so that you can identify with us.
The liver is one of the most vital organs in our body that detoxifies blood by removing poisonous substances and balance out all elements in it thoroughly. This detoxified blood then flows to the kidneys, where a surplus of water is filtered out along with all superfluous essential compounds, such as enzymes, hormones, minerals, and so on. This filtered mixture forms urine.
Now, it is pretty clear that urine is not a mere ‘waste product’. Rather, it is full of essential elements. Urine is mainly composed of water, which makes up almost 95% of the bulk. The remaining constituents are urea accounting for 2.5% of it, and the rest 2.5% is formed by the mixture of vital minerals, salts, enzymes, and hormones.
What Is Urine Therapy?
Urine Therapy or urotherapy is the practice of using human urine for medicinal or cosmetic purposes. It is a part of alternative medicine which encourages drinking of own urine or massaging skin, hair or gums with the same.
The urine that you pass through the body is completely sterile as well as antiseptic and hence, can be used in a number of ways. Only urea, the substance after which urine is named, can be poisonous when present in the blood. However, this is irrelevant in the practice of drinking urine as urine is not put back into the bloodstream immediately. Urea gets back into the body in small amounts only. Moreover, it is purifying and clears up excess mucus.
As mentioned earlier, most of the enzymes and hormones present in the urine are actually beneficial to the body. There are many who claim that drinking their own urine has helped them stay off any kind of medication and lead a very healthy life. However, you do not need to consume it for taking care of your hair and stimulate its growth. The topical application will be enough for this purpose. All you need to do is get over the inhibition of using it. Just treat it as any other liquid formulation and apply.
Also Read – DIY – Homemade Hair Growth Serum Recipes For Long Lustrous Hair
Benefits Of Applying Urine To Hair
Now, let’s dig deeper into the hair benefits offered by urine so that it becomes completely clear to us why we should use it for our locks. Here we go:
- Massaging the scalp with urine helps in rejuvenating the hair follicles, which treats hair loss effectively and stimulates hair growth eventually.
- Applying urine on the scalp also reduces hair fall since it strengthens hair follicles and causes the hair to become healthier.
- Since urine is an antiseptic, it helps get rid of a number of scalp problems including infections, itchy scalp, and dandruff.
- The vital elements present in urine nourishes hair fibers from all aspects, thereby making even the most lifeless hair look shiny and lustrous.
- Intensive application of urine to bald patches can even make new hair grow in those regions.
- New hair growth automatically means that this therapy takes care of boosting the volume of your hair.
- Urine helps retain the natural color of our hair and reduces the risks of premature greying to a large extent.
How To Use Urine For Hair Growth?
An external application of urine is enough to counter hair loss and promote hair growth. So, the first thing you need to is collect your own urine. When you start passing it, let the first few drops pass uninterruptedly. After that, start collecting your own golden elixir in a cup. You can use both fresh or old urine for applying to your hair based on your own preference.
Heat the urine gently for two to three minutes right before the use. Allow it to cool down completely and remove the crust that forms on the top of the liquid. Dip a cotton ball into it. Part your hair into multiple sections and apply the urine all over your scalp and to the roots of your hair by using the cotton ball. Massage it into the scalp light handedly. Let it sit for thirty minutes to an hour and then, rinse off with lukewarm water.
Do not use soap or shampoo (it is even better if you do not rinse it out at all!). You could add a couple of drops of essential oil or rose water into the rinsing water for a beautiful fragrance. Repeat this daily for best results.
Also Read – All You Should Know About Biotin And Hair Growth
Things To Remember
Even though urine is a simple ‘blood product’, using it can be a real big deal. But if you are game for it, here are a few things that you must keep in mind:
- If you are going to try the urine therapy, make sure that you eat a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables instead of animal proteins. Also, keep your daily diet as light as possible.
- Avoid the use of too many spices in food.
- Drink lots of water throughout the day since you do not want very concentrated urine for this purpose.
There are many who claim that this remedy has helped them fight hair loss successfully. It is, after all, a natural remedy with zero side effects and is worth a try.
Also Read – How Does Iron Help In Our Hair Growth?