Our hair has a specific lifetime and losing up to 100 strands a day is absolutely common. But when you start finding hair everywhere – from your floor to your pillow cover, you know the condition cannot be ignored. When the hair starts falling at an alarming rate, most of us rely on natural ingredients. Amla or Indian gooseberry is one such simple home remedy that can put an end to frequent hair fall naturally and quite effectively. If you are yet to include this tangy seasonal fruit in your daily hair care routine, this article is definitely for you. Know everything about why and how to control hair fall with amla and arm yourself with a few excellent tips.
Why Use Amla For Hair Fall Control?
Amla is considered as a ‘superfood‘ for our hair. It contains zillion nutrients, which make it a potent natural hair fall control remedy. The vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and phytonutrients present in this ‘wonder berry’ can increase the circulation of blood significantly throughout the scalp, thereby providing enough oxygen and nourishment to the hair follicles. This makes the hair fibers strong and puts an end to the issue hair fall. Conversely, amla is very high in antioxidants (phyllantine, gallic acid, ellagic acid, emblicanin, quercetin, and many more), which take good care of other related issues, dryness, frizziness, dandruff, premature greying, breakage, excessive hair loss, etc.
Also Read – How Good Is Amla Powder For Your Hair & Skin? Here
How To Control Hair Fall With Amla?
1. Amla Juice Hair Tonic
Take a fresh amla and squeeze out its juice into a bowl. Apply it directly to your scalp and massage with your fingertips gently. Let it sit for an hour. Then, wash off with a mild herbal shampoo. Regular application of this hair tonic will nourish your scalp, thereby making hair strands stronger.
2. Amla Hair Wash
It can be made from both fresh and dried amla. Cut some fresh amla into thin small pieces and put them into boiling water. After half an hour, strain the liquid. In case you are using dried amla, just soak the pieces in water for the whole night and strain the liquid in the morning. Washing your hair every day with this concoction will help you prevent hair fall significantly.
Also Read – Natural Amla, Reetha And Shikakai Shampoo Here
3. Amla And Lemon Juice Hair Tonic
Take a small bowl and extract the juice of a fresh amla in it. Squeeze out the juice of a fresh lemon into the bowl and mix well. Apply this all over your scalp as a hair tonic and massage with your fingertips for some time. After 30 minutes, wash away with lukewarm water. It will fortify each of your hair strands from inside.
4. Amla And Coconut Oil Hair Tonic
Make thin slices of a pot full of amla and dry them for 3 to 4 days in the shade. Now, bring some coconut oil to a boil and add these dried amla pieces to it. Keep cooking until the entire thing turns into a thick dark liquid. Apply it to your scalp and hair thoroughly. Daily usage of this tonic will solve a number of hair issues along with hair fall.
5. Amla And Almond Oil Hair Tonic
Pour some almond oil into a bowl. Add freshly extracted amla juice to it. Now, warm up the mixture a little. You need to massage your scalp with this liquid for 10 to 15 minutes. After a couple of hours, rinse your hair with a mild herbal shampoo. Use your fingertips and follow a gentle circular motion for this purpose. It will boost the flow of blood throughout the scalp and put a stop to hair fall.
Also Read – How To Use Amla For Weight Loss Here
6. Amla And Shikakai Hair Pack
Take equal amounts of amla powder and shikakai powder in a small mixing bowl. Add some water to it. Blend well to form a thick smooth paste. Apply it to your hair all along its length. Wait for next 30 to 40 minutes. Finally, wash off with cold water. Your hair fall will reduce to a great extent.
7. Amla And Henna Hair Pack
Pour some henna powder (depending on the length of your hair) into a mixing bowl. Add some fresh amla juice to it. Combine well so that you can come up with a smooth paste of even consistency. Now, apply all over your hair. Rinse off with plain water after a couple of hours. It will not only make your hair roots stronger but also condition the shafts naturally.
Also Read – How To Make Hair Oil At Home With Amla? Here
8. Oral Intake Of Amla
Apart from topical application, oral intake of amla can also be quite helpful in treating the severe hair fall issue. Drink a glass full of amla juice every day in the morning on an empty stomach. It will prevent hair loss as well as speed up the regrowth of hair considerably.
What You Need To Remember…
- Just like other natural remedies, too much use of amla can also cause a few negative effects. Some of the most common side effects include hyperacidity, constipation, hypoglycemia, high blood pressure, kidney problems, dryness and flakiness of scalp, and dry skin. Hence, you must consult your doctor before making the oral consumption of amla your daily routine if you already have any of the aforementioned medical conditions.
- Being a natural ingredient, amla is completely safe for our hair as well as body when taken in moderate amounts. However, it is pretty cooling by nature. So, if you end up catching a cold very often and quite easily, you should not consume it directly. Rather, add a little honey or a dash of black pepper powder to your amla juice and consume the concoction to prevent hair fall without developing a cough or any other respiratory condition.
- Amla powder is easily available in the market and you can use it in your hair fall control masks to save your time. However, make sure that the readymade powder you are buying is made from pure and organic amla. Otherwise, it is always advised to buy fresh raw amla berries, dry them well under the sun, and grind them into a fine powder at home.
Also Read – Incredible Benefits Of Amla Juice For Skin And Hair Here