There are very few over-the-counter (OTC) multivitamin supplements, which can treat our skin and hair issues effectively without posing much serious health risks. Becosules is one of them. It is easy to avail and a pretty inexpensive way to get healthy skin and hair. Hence, it is considered as the most widely appreciated product in its category. In this review, we are going to discuss everything related to Becosules. Keep reading:
Becosules is an OTC multivitamin, which is basically used as an oral supplement. It is a branded product that combines the goodness of vitamin B-complex and vitamin C in a single capsule. Hence, the product is considered as an effective treatment for a number of health, skin, and hair issues.
- Manufacturer: Pfizer Limited (Pharmacia India Pvt. Ltd.)
- Formulation: Capsule
- Price: INR 21.23 for 20 capsules
- Expiry: 48 months after manufacturing
- Availability: Very easily available both over-the-counter and online
Also Read – Dove Elixir Nourished Shine – Hibiscus And Argan Oil Review Here
When it comes to improving the condition of our skin and hair through supplements, Becosules is considered as the most widely appreciated one.
Strength And Composition
Becosules is available in packs of 10 Capsules, 15 Capsules, 20 Capsules, 100 Capsules, and 225 Capsules. The active ingredients present the supplement include:
- Thiamine Mononitrate (vitamin B1) (10 mg.): It works as a co-enzyme in different enzymatic reactions.
- Riboflavin (vitamin B2) (10 g.): It treats migraine, muscle cramps, carpal tunnel syndrome, several skin conditions, and cataracts.
- Niacinamide (vitamin B3) (100 mg.): It averts and treats pellagra and high cholesterol.
- Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (vitamin B6) (3 mg.): It is used as a cofactor in the metabolic transformation of amino acids.
- Biotin (vitamin B7) (100 mcg.): It treats scaly dermatitis, skin rash, hair loss, conjunctivitis, etc.
- Folic acid (vitamin B9) (1.5 mg.): It helps in one-carbon transfer reaction and S-adenosyl methionine formation.
- Cyanocobalamin (vitamin B12) (15 mcg): It treats vitiligo, sleep disorders, and idiopathic osteoarthritis.
- Ascorbic Acid (vitamin C) (150 mg.): This enzyme co-factor helps in collagen formation and improves the gastrointestinal absorption of non-haem iron.
- Calcium Pantothenate (50 mg.): This calcium salt works as an antioxidant and promotes the normal functioning of enzymes.
Also Read – Expert Review: Evion 400 Capsule For Skin And Hair Here
How Does It Work?
Before digging into the specific skin and hair benefits of Becosules, let’s have a look at the ways it works:
- Being a blend of vital vitamins, it helps in restoring the normal metabolic functionalities of our internal organs.
- Improves the metabolism of carbohydrates, amino acids (branched chain), alcohol, etc. with the help of water-soluble vitamin B-complex like B1, B2, B3, B6, B7, B9, and B12.
- Ensures proper breakdown as well as utilization of nutrients such as carbohydrates, proteins, and lipids inside our body.
- Increases the synthesis of fatty acids in our DNAs.
- The high density of folic acid in it helps in normal erythropoiesis by generating as well as maturing red blood cells.
- Promotes the synthesis of nucleoproteins with its folic acid content.
- Reduces vitamin B-12 deficiency in the body.
- Treats and prevents biotin deficiency in the body.
- Stimulates the production of collagen and repairs damaged tissues with the help of vitamin C.
Also Read – Himalaya Herbals Moisturizing Aloe Vera Face Wash Review Here
Skin And Hair Benefits Of Becosules
As said before, Becosules acts as a nutritional support for our body and heals a number of health problems caused due to the deficiency of vitamin B complex, vitamin C and folic acid in our body. However, in this post, we will focus only on the skin and hair benefits offered by this multivitamin. Here we go:
- Becosules restores the lost moisture of our skin and retains it in the surface layer. As a result, we get rid of dryness, flakiness, scaly patches, and other related symptoms.
- While retaining moisture to the epidermal layer of the skin, it also softens fine lines, wrinkles, and other signs of aging with its antioxidant properties, which make it a great natural support for premature aging.
- It not only reduces the deficiencies of B and C vitamins in our body but also provides nourishment to the cellular levels so that our skin and hair look healthy and glowing.
- It heals various skin conditions like dermatitis or eczema, psoriasis, etc., and repairs the damaged skin efficiently.
- It improves our bodily metabolism to a great extent, which is essential for maintaining the health of both skin and hair.
- It can enhance the metabolism of iron in our body, which gives us relief from scalp itchiness as well as baldness.
- It plays a key role in strengthening our hair roots by stimulating the follicles so that the hair fibers grow stronger, faster, and healthier. In other words, it can put a stop to issues, such as hair fall, hair thinning, and hair loss.
Also Read – Expert Review: Yugard Facial Cream Review Here
Dosage And Duration
Even though Becosules is an OTC supplement product, proper dosage of the capsule should always be confirmed by a doctor or an experienced pharmacist. Make sure that you consult your physician first to assess your condition and determine your dosage and duration accordingly. However, remember the following points while using Becosules orally:
- It is advised to take Becosules capsules before or after a meal.
- If you miss a dose and if it is already the time for the next one, simply skip the previous dose. Otherwise, take it as soon as possible.
- Overdose and prolonged intake of Becosules can also worsen the condition of your skin and hair.
- Do not take more than 2 capsules a day.
Also Read – Pond’s Silk Cream Review Here
Becosules should be stored in a dry place, away from the sunlight, where the temperature is below 30-degree C.
Like all other prescribed and OTC drugs and supplements, Becosules also has some potential side effects. You may experience nausea, vomiting, bloating, flatulence, stomach pain and cramps, ulcers, urine discoloration, frequent urination, diarrhea, hives, itching, allergies, skin irruption, rashes, swelling, headache, blood disorders, muscle fatigue, dizziness, irregular heartbeat, congestive heart failure, vision problem, gout, difficulty breathing, toxicity, hypertension, hyperglycemia, anxiety, liver complications, sleeping disturbances, blood clots, pain in chest and legs, and so forth.
Always discuss with your doctor before starting intake of Becosules, especially if you are pregnant, a lactating mother, aged, addicted to alcohol, hypersensitive, taking certain medications, having a history of liver or kidney problems, or allergic to certain vitamins / other components of the supplement.
Image Credit – Featured, 1