When it comes to stimulating hair growth, most of us end up choosing some pricey hair care products that often fail to live up to their claims. But, have you ever tried flax seeds to make your hair grow faster? Did you say no? Well, go through rest of the post and you will learn why these simple and easy-to-avail seeds should be used for hair and how they can promote hair growth.
Why to Use Flax Seeds for Hair Growth
Before digging into the fact that how flax seeds can be used for maximum hair growth, let us take a look at why we should rely on them. Here are the reasons why flax seeds are beneficial for the health and growth of our hair:
- Flax seeds are loaded with omega-3 fatty acids, which are extremely necessary for nurturing our hair follicles and increasing the elasticity of hair fibers. As a result, our hair becomes healthier, stronger and less vulnerable to breakage.
- Omega-3 fatty acids are known to have great anti-inflammatory properties, which make these seeds highly beneficial in reducing inflammation caused in various scalp conditions like dandruff, itchy scalp, cicatricial alopecia (a medical condition in which the growth of healthy hair stops due to the scarring of follicles), etc., thereby promoting the growth of hair.
- According to scientists, flax seeds are absolutely rich in vital nutrients, such as proteins, minerals (calcium, magnesium, iron, zinc, etc.) and vitamins (especially vitamin E). It makes them a super food for hair. Regular intake of these seeds can nourish both our scalp and hair, keep them hydrated, stop premature graying, prevent split ends, and so on.
- Flax seeds are significantly high in lignin, a certain organic substance that can enhance our digestive procedure and boost our metabolism by regularizing bowel function. As our internal system works fine, we can stay away from a large number of diseases that result into serious hair loss.
- Being a concentrated source of high-grade soluble and insoluble dietary fibers, these seeds can ensure appropriate functioning of our intestines, which is absolutely essential for maintaining a good gut health. Therefore, our body cells can absorb sufficient amount of nutrients and our hair can grow more efficiently.
Also Read – Flax Seeds and Weight Loss – Is there a real connection? Here
How to Use Flax Seeds for Hair Growth
Now, here are the ways to include flax seeds in your daily hair care routine for encouraging growth:
(a) Internal Usage of Flax Seeds
- Eat a spoonful of crunchy flax seeds every day whenever you need to snack.
- Add whole flax seeds to your regular foods. You just need to shake a little bit of them over the stir-fried vegetables. It will not only increase the nutritional values of the foods, but also give them new flavor.
- Drizzle your favorite salads with some flax seed oil. It can truly be an amazing dressing.
- Reduce some flax seeds into smooth fine powder and store in an air-tight container. It can be added to almost anything and everything, such as salads, sandwiches, chutney, smoothies, shakes, cookies, muffins, stuffed parathas, yogurt, dips, and many more. It gives a wonderful nutty flavor, while making the foods crispy.
(b) External Usage of Flax Seeds
You can prepare an effective hair gel with flax seeds right at your home. Start with boiling 2 cups of water. As soon as the water begins to boil, add 4 tablespoons of organic flax seeds to it. Cover the pot with a lid and lower the flame. You have to simmer the whole thing for next 15 to 20 minutes. Then, turn off the heat and strain the infusion. It would become a bit thick and sticky. Apply it all over your scalp with your fingertips every day for reducing hair loss and promoting hair growth to a great extent.