Who doesn’t want to have super long locks? But most of us suffer from poor circulation of blood throughout the scalp, nutritional deficiencies, hormonal imbalances, and quite a lot of other issues that affect our hair growth to a huge extent. However, you can stimulate your scalp with some DIY natural formulae called ‘natural scalp stimulators’, which are known to energize the roots of hair for longer, stronger, thicker, and healthier locks. Check out the following three simple yet amazing recipes of natural hair stimulators that can be prepared at home easily:
Nothing can stimulate your scalp better than a blend of virgin coconut oil and pure aloe vera gel. Coconut oil is one of the richest sources of nutrients essential for our hair while aloe vera takes great care of dehydrated scalp and hair shafts. When an essential oil is added to this mixture, you come up with an elixir that can boost blood flow throughout the scalp and promote hair growth significantly.
Also Read – Homemade Brown Sugar Scrub Recipes For Complete Scalp Exfoliation Here
- Virgin coconut oil – 4 tablespoons
- Pure aloe vera gel – 1 tablespoon
- Essential oil (of your choice) – 2 to 3 drops (try lavender essential oil / lemon essential oil / rosemary essential oil. Etc.)
If your virgin coconut oil is already in the liquid state, pour it into a mixing bowl. If it is not, simply put the solid chunk of oil in a microwave-safe bowl and heat it up until it melts down fully. Add pure and fresh aloe vera gel to it and keep stirring with a spoon so that the mixture becomes lump-free. Add essential oil drops to this blend and give a thorough final mix. Once a liquid of uniform consistency is formed, pour it into an airtight glass bottle and you are done!
This recipe of scalp stimulator is another big hit among ladies who are dying to make their hair grow fast. It holds the goodness of both coconut oil and olive oil, which makes hair strands nourished, moisturized, strong, and healthy from inside. Tea tree essential oil is a surefire remedy for curing all sorts of scalp issues while rosemary essential oil ensures faster growth of hair fibers.
Also Read – Why And How to Exfoliate Your Scalp At Home? Here
- Organic coconut oil – (1/2) cup
- Organic olive oil – 1 teaspoon
- Tea tree essential oil – 2 to 3 drops
- Rosemary essential oil – 2 to 3 drops
Start by pouring organic coconut oil into a mixing bowl. As mentioned in the previous recipe, if the oil is in the solid state, melt it down before using. Pour organic olive oil into the liquid coconut oil and stir with the help of a spoon to mix well. Add tea tree essential oil and rosemary essential oil drops to this mixture respectively. Whip up everything together thoroughly to prepare a smooth blend. Transfer it to an airtight glass jar and store it for future use.
This natural scalp stimulator formula is basically an essential oil blend that not only encourages the growth of hair but also takes care of its overall health. It increases the circulation of blood all through the scalp and makes the roots of hair fibers considerably stronger. It also controls the production sebum on our scalp and conditions the locks deeply at the same time.
Also Read – Home Remedies for Itchy Scalp Here
- Jojoba oil – (1/2) cup
- Peppermint essential oil – 8 to 10 drops
- Rosemary essential oil – 35 to 40 drops
- Lavender essential oil – 15 to 20 drops
- Basil essential oil – 15 to 20 drops
- Lemongrass essential oil – 10 to 15 drops
- Cayenne pepper – (1/8) teaspoon
Unlike other two recipes, this blend needs to prepared directly inside the storage container. So, start with pouring jojoba oil into an airtight glass jar. Add peppermint, rosemary, lavender, basil, and lemongrass essential oil drops to it one by one. Close the lid of the jar tightly and give it a good shake. Then, place the blend aside for at least 24 hours so that the essential oils can synergize. Though this scalp stimulator does not need to be refrigerated, you must store it in a cool dark place.
Application Of Natural Scalp Stimulator
Now, as your DIY natural scalp stimulator is ready, here are the steps you need to follow for its application:
- Make sure that you are yet to take a shower and your scalp is completely dry.
- Divide your hair into multiple sections in order to make the application easier.
- Pour a little amount of scalp stimulating blend onto your palm and apply it to your scalp. You can also make use of a cotton ball or an applicator brush if you wish.
- Keep repeating the step until the entire scalp and all your hair roots are covered thoroughly.
- Massage gently for 5 to 10 minutes by moving your fingertips in small circular motion.
- Let it sit for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Finally, wash off with a mild shampoo and a good conditioner.
However, you should ensure that you are not allergic to essential oils prior to preparing as well as using your DIY natural scalp stimulator.
Image Credit – Featured, 1, 2, 3