Who does not know about the tons of benefits offered by neem leaves? This simple and easily available Ayurvedic remedy has been our favorite for ages. But wait! What are neem capsules? Have you heard of them? Do they offer the same health, skin, and hair benefits? Are they really effective just like the ‘holy grail’ leaves? Well, we got you covered, beauties! This article is all about neem capsules – benefits, side effects, usage. If you have no access to a neem tree or fresh neem extract, you can consider it as a viable alternative for sure. Read on to know more.
According to Ayurveda, neem is one of the best natural remedies for balacing ‘pitta’ and ‘kapha’. The bitter taste gives it a powerful cooling energy, which enhances its capacity to support healthy blood and balances pitta at the same time. Conversely, its light and dry qualities help it counter kapha.
Also Read – Amazing Benefits And Uses Of Neem Leaves For Skin & Hair Here
Excellent Benefits Of Neem Capsules
Neem capsules offer numerous benefits to our skin, hair, and health. We have listed the major ones here:
(a) Skin Benefits:
- Regular intake of neem capsules can help us purify our blood efficiently. It cleanses our body from the inside, which helps in maintaining a healthy, blemish-free, and glowing skin.
- Neem capsules have amazing antibacterial qualities. Hence, it can help us combat acne-causing bacteria and keep all sorts of breakouts away.
- As neem capsules can detoxify our body perfectly, the chances of developing skin infections go down significantly. In other words, intake of these capsules can reduce the symptoms of eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis, etc. easily.
- Various minor to major skin conditions like rashes, itching, scabies, warts, boils, and so on can also be treated by taking in neem capsules regularly.
- Being rich in antioxidant properties of neem, these capsules can protect our skin from free radical damages and work as good anti-aging agents. Therefore, you can expect to stay away from signs of aging like wrinkles, fine lines, age spots, etc.
Also Read – 5 Beauty Benefits Of Neem Leaves Here
(b) Hair Benefits:
- Neem capsules can purify our blood and improve the water balance in our body. As a result, our dry and itchy scalp becomes healthy and dandruff-free. It eventually gives us beautiful, shiny hair.
- We all know that unhealthy scalp and dandruff are two biggest reasons for hair loss. But as neem capsules can cure both of these issues successfully, we get rid of problems like acute hair loss, alopecia, etc.
- If you are suffering from head lice, neem capsules can be a good solution for you.
(c) Health Benefits:
- Intake of a 60 mg. neem capsule every day helps in improving the health of our gastrointestinal tract. It can heal upset stomach fast and keep gastric ulcers at bay by fighting against certain bacteria.
- Take in neem capsules every day in the morning in empty stomach and you will get rid of diabetes mellitus after a few months successfully. It can lower the glucose levels in our bloodstream significantly, thereby treating a number of wounds associated with it.
- The wonderful antioxidant properties of neem can make our immune system stronger, thereby shielding us from a number of severe diseases.
- When you start taking neem capsules, you start taking care of your liver too. It can regularize the functionalities of the most important organ of our body and keeps a number serious health disorders away.
- Neem capsules can take great care of our cardiac health by regulating the blood pressure, lowering the level of bad cholesterol and preventing the formation of blood clots.
Also Read – 25 Health Benefits Of Neem Here
Possible Side Effects Of Neem Capsules
Well, neem capsules are purely made from neem extract, which is completely safe for oral intake for 10 to 12 weeks. However, too much and long-term use of these drugs can cause the following side effects:
- Damaged liver
- Kidney failure
- Interrupted pregnancy
- Overactive immune system
- Organ rejection (in case of organ transplant)
Children should not be given neem capsules at all as it can result in diarrhea, sleepiness, nausea, nervous disorders, blood disorders, unconsciousness, seizures and even death.
Also Read – Must-Know Tricks To Use Neem Leaves For Hair Loss – Welcome Beautiful Hair! Here
How To Use Neem Capsules
Neem capsules are neem leaf extract or powdered neem leaves available in a capsulated form. They can be used both orally and topically to get rid of a number of issues. Here, we have mentioned both types of application of neem capsules:
(A) Oral Usage Of Neem Capsules:
- It is always good to consult your physician to know about the recommended dosage doe oral application. However, 1 or 2 neem capsules can be taken orally at least twice or thrice every day. You must take it with normal drinking water and right after your meals.
- You can also take half a cup of water and pour the content of one neem capsule, (1/8) teaspoon of turmeric powder, and a teaspoonful of pure aloe vera gel into it. Mix well and drink this concoction thrice every day to enhance your overall well-being.
(B) Topical Usage Of Neem Capsules:
- Be it minor skin infections with redness, itchiness, and pus, or repeated skin problems, like psoriasis, abscess, etc., you can add the content of a neem capsule to plain or lukewarm bathing water. Repeat it daily to see amazing results.
- If you are interested in using homemade products, try preparing a handmade soap using the content of neem capsules. Adding it to your body wash will also keep your skin clear, blemish-free, and free of infections.
- Break open a neem capsule and add pure honey or water to its content to form a smooth paste. Applying this to your wounds will heal them fast. Neem water, when used for washing an infected part of the body regularly, can keep infections at bay.
- Include the content of a neem capsule in your homemade face pack or mask in order to get a flawless and glowing look.
- Make neem capsules a part of your natural hair pack or mask to take good care of your scalp and your hair.
- Make your own homemade natural mouthwash by mixing the content of 4 neem capsules and 5 drops of tea tree essential oil with 2 cups of water. Swishing it for 3 minutes in your mouth twice daily will improve your oral health.
Also Read – How To Use Neem For Curing Dandruff And Getting Lustrous Hair Here