Do you love to use body wash? Spend thousands of bucks to give yourself luxurious spa treatments. Not anymore! This article has picked three inexpensive yet amazingly effective DIY coconut oil body wash recipes to provide a home spa-like experience and leave your skin fresher, smoother, and softer.
DIY Coconut Oil Body Wash – Recipe 1
This is the most straightforward recipe for preparing coconut oil body wash at home. Here, the number of ingredients is kept minimal without compromising the quality of the product.
- Melted coconut oil – 3 tablespoons
- Unscented liquid castile soap – 2 cups
- Rose essential oil – 15 to 20 drops
- Lavender essential oil – 15 to 20 drops
- Distilled water – 1 cup
Steps To Follow:
- Start with making fresh rose water for your body wash. Pour distilled water into a pint jar and add rose essential oil. Shake very well to blend them properly. Otherwise, you may also use a cup of store-bought fresh rose water.
- Take a container of your choice and pour unscented liquid castile soap, melted coconut oil, freshly prepared rosewater, and lavender essential oil into it, respectively.
- Put the lid on and shake the container gently to mix everything well.
- Your homemade coconut oil body wash is ready. Pour it into a bottle immediately.
DIY Coconut Oil Body Wash – Recipe 2
This is an upgraded version of the previously mentioned easy homemade coconut oil body wash. Using honey and citrus essential oils makes this moisturizing product cleansing and refreshing.
- Melted extra virgin coconut oil – (1/2) cup
- Pure raw honey – (1/2) cup
- Unscented liquid castile soap – 1 cup
- Lemon essential oil – 10 to 12 drops
- Sweet orange essential oil – 15 to 20 drops
- Chamomile essential oil – 4 to 6 drops
Steps To Follow:
- Pour melted extra virgin coconut oil into a large mixing bowl. Add pure raw honey to it.
- Whisk these two ingredients manually so that a smooth mixture is formed.
- Pour all three essential oils, i.e., lemon essential oil, sweet orange essential oil, and chamomile essential oil, into this mixture. Combine once again.
- Pour unscented liquid castile soap into this concoction and mix gently for a few minutes.
- Pour it into a squeeze bottle and use it daily or as necessary.
DIY Coconut Oil Body Wash – Recipe 3
Finally, here is the most luxurious adaptation of the DIY coconut oil body wash that you can make at home without putting much effort or burning a hole in your wallet.
- Melted extra virgin coconut oil – (1/4) cup
- Pure raw honey – (1/) cup
- Vitamin E capsules – 2
- Unscented liquid castile soap – (1/2) cup
- Grapefruit essential oil – 10 to 12 drops
- Sweet orange essential oil – 10 to 12 drops
- Eucalyptus essential oil – 12 to 15 drops
Steps To Follow:
- Take melted coconut oil in a mixing bowl. Pour pure raw honey into it.
- Break the vitamin E capsules individually and pour the gel-like contents into the mixing bowl.
- Also, pour all essential oils, i.e., grapefruit essential oil, sweet orange essential oil, and eucalyptus essential oil, into it.
- Whisk all the ingredients together to form a smooth and uniform mixture.
- Add unscented liquid castile soap to it and combine gently for a few minutes.
- Shift your body wash to a convenient bottle for future use.
How To Use Homemade Coconut Oil Body Wash
You may follow the above three methods for preparing your deluxe coconut oil body wash at home. However, the application process should be identical in all cases. Shake the bottle well and squeeze enough product onto your bath pouf or a clean washcloth. Apply it onto your damp skin directly and rub gently in small upward strokes. At last, rinse well with cold water to reveal soft, smooth, glowing skin.
The Goodness of DIY Coconut Oil Body Wash
Well, I’m sure you already have started gathering ingredients for your DIY coconut oil body wash to give yourself a luxurious home spa day. Now, let’s take a quick look at how it can benefit you:
- Coconut oil moisturizes the skin like anything. But simultaneously, your pores remain open, and you feel completely refreshed after every wash.
- Pure raw honey is one of the best natural antibacterial agents that keep our skin squeaky clean. Moreover, it also hydrates the skin from deep inside.
- Essential oils have immense goodness for our skin. Adding these to your natural body wash will keep you relaxed and rejuvenated all day.
- Castile soap is a gentle, moisturizing alternative to regular soaps, which makes the skin dull, dry, and flaky.
What more can you expect from your homemade natural body wash? Just try the recipes and indulge in the luxury of the shower daily!
Also Read – 10 Best Shower Gels for Dry Skin in India
This article presents three budget-friendly DIY coconut oil body wash recipes to create a spa-like experience at home, leaving the skin refreshed and smooth. The first recipe involves minimal ingredients like melted coconut oil, unscented liquid castile soap, rose and lavender essential oils, and distilled water. The second version adds honey and citrus essential oils for extra moisture and freshness, while the third incorporates vitamin E capsules and additional essential oils for a luxurious touch. The application process is consistent, promising soft, glowing skin with each use.