Being the shortest woman in your group can be a real struggle. Though how tall we are does not define us, it is still very disheartening to be teased by others regarding our height every now and then. This can even cause emotional trauma and make you feel worthless. In short, your height can make or break your confidence as well as personality. So, what can you actually do about it? Well, gaining a few extra inches and that too in a a few months is more than challenging as it depends on a number of genetic and non-genetic factors. But there are certain commercial Ayurvedic height-boosting solutions that can promote your growth and help you achieve the height you desire at least to some extent. In this article, let’s talk about 10 best Ayurvedic products for height increase that you can give a try.
An Overview of Human Height
Human growth is fully depended on the levels of growth hormone secreted from the anterior part of the pituitary gland situated in the brain. The secretion reaches its peak during the teenage i.e. 13-19 years, which leads to the maximum height and growth. Before this age, people gain around 2 inches in height on average every year while during this age, the average growth rate can become almost 4 inches per year. After this age, the production of growth hormone falls down drastically and hence, the natural growth also stops completely. Hence, you cannot expect to grow taller after age 18-19, even with a healthy diet and regular exercise.
Males reach their full height by age of 16 while females reach it between the ages of 14 and 15.
Factors That Affect Our Height
Before we take a look at the best Ayurvedic height boosters, here are the factors that are known to affect our natural growth:
- Genetics: According to a study on fraternal twins, the genetic factors account for almost 60-80% of our maximum height (1). If the heights of people in your family have been a little short than normal for generations, you are likely to be a person of short structure too.
- Malnutrition: If there are nutritional deficiencies, the normal growth rate of a person gets interrupted. Studies have found that nutrition impacts around 20-40% of our height. Having a diet rich in proteins, vitamins, and minerals is essential for maximizing the growth potential.
- Sex: The height potential of a person is determined by the biological factor like sex too. It has been seen that women are shorter than men in most cases.
- Medical Conditions: Certain medical conditions related to the nervous system, gastrointestinal system, and circulatory system as well as genetic syndromes can impact your growth negatively. These include gigantism, dwarfism, arthritis, down sydrome, marfan syndrome, turner syndrome, untreated celiac disease, cancer, etc.
If you are experiencing constitutional growth delay, the chances are high that your growth age will be delayed and puberty will hit you late.
Ingredients in Ayurvedic Products for Height Increase
Now, let us have a look at the most effective Ayurvedic ingredients that are found in height-boosting solutions:
1. Ashwagandha (Indian Ginseng) – This rejuvenating and anti-stressor herb increases our stamina and improves our physical activity levels. This plays an important role in boosting height. (2)
2. Shilajit – It is a blackish-brown substance obtained from Himalayas, which works as a natural anti-aging substance as well as a rejuvenator. Hence, it can increase height by making us more active physically (3).
3. Praval Pishti – If calcium deficiency causes bone loss in you, this herb can help you prevent it and enhance your bone health. As a result, you can reach your maximum height potential (4).
4. Yashtimadhu or Licorice – The antioxidant, antimicrobial, anti-stress, and anti-inflammatory properties of this herb can help in increasing your height by lowering all those growth-inhibiting infections in the body.
7. Guggul – When hypothyroidism resists your growth and development, this herb can regulate the levels of thyroid hormones in your body, thereby promoting your height (5).
10 Best Ayurvedic Products for Height Increase
Whatever the reason behind your shorter height is, you must not get frustrated or feel low. As mentioned earlier, there are some great Ayurvedic products that can help you add to your height in just a few months upon regular use while offering a number of other health benefits. Check them out:
1. Mahaved Healthcare Height Top Capsules
The Mahaved Healthcare Height Top Capsules are 100% natural supplements that work as a complete height increase system for both women and men. It is a non-hormonal preparation that contains all herbal ingredients, such as ashwagandha, safed musli, arjuna, mulethi, punarnava, vidari kand, kasturi dana, peepal, sonth, vijaysaar, and many more, which cumulatively work to maximize the pre and post-age growth of a person in a natural way. It is 100% safe to use and has no side effects. The capsules basically increase the secretion of the human growth hormone in order to boost the natural process of growth and development of the body. It helps our bones and ligaments gain length, build new cells and promotes tissue growth, improves metabolism to help us achieve a lean body and strengthens the nervous system to speed up the overall growth by stimulating the pituitary gland.
Dosage: Consume 1 or 2 capsules (based on age) twice daily with milk or water
Price: Rs. 366 for 60 capsules
2. Speed Height Capsules
The Speed Height Capsules are one of the most talked-about herbal supplements featuring a super effective natural formulation. It makes use of the rich texts of Ayurveda to bring together herbs, such as ashwagandha, Indian kudzu, Chandrashoor, mucana pruries, gentiana sativum, etc. that will boost your height gain and help you grow taller. Empowered with the active herbals, these capsules stimulate the pituitary gland to produce more growth hormones so that the body achieves the desired height. When coupled with the right diet having ample nutrients, they can help you add 2-4 inches to your existing height while making you more confident.
Dosage: Take 2 capsules daily with plain water
Price: Rs. 351 for 60 capsules
3. Mapple Height Top Powder
The Mapple Height Top Powder is a 100% herbal and non-hormonal Ayurvedic supplement that helps in increasing height naturally without causing any side effects. It is a completely vegetarian product that is made primarily from plant derivatives. It comes packed with milk solids, proteins, vitamins, and minerals including sodium, calcium, iron, phosphorus, and iodine, all of which are essential for our optimum growth. The powder is available in three distinct flavors, such as American Ice Cream, Vanilla, and Chocolate. It stimulates the anterior part of the Pituitary Gland in our body to produce more growth hormone, which in turn, helps you gain in height even after it ceases at a certain age. Apart from boosting your height effortlessly, this powder also helps in strengthening the central nervous system, attaining a leaner frame, and increasing the concentration power.
Dosage: Mix 10 to 15 gms. with milk or water and consume thrice a day
Price: Rs. 920 for 60 g.
4. Hashmi Healthcares Heightole-XL Capsules
The Hashmi Healthcares Heightole-XL capsules are a 100% natural and safe choice to increase your height. It features a potent herbal combination of active ingredients, which compensate for the deficiencies of required nutrition in your body and help you grow taller. There is absolutely no side effect and you can grow a few inches taller even after 20 years of age. These capsules boost the natural growth of the body by stimulating the production of the growth hormone. It also reduces the cholesterol levels in the body, improves metabolism, and slows down the process of aging. They also promote a sound sleep every night, which is essential for the optimal production of the growth hormone.
Dosage: Take 2 capsules a day with plain water
Price: Rs. 3,675 for 60 capsules
5. Step Up Pro Formula Height Increaser
The new improved Step Up Pro Formula Height Increaser is one of the best organic ways to grow taller. Being an Ayurvedic medicinal formulation, it provides all the nutrients required by our body to gain height in a completely natural way. It suits both men and women and claims to increase your height by 3-6 inches within 6 months of use when coupled with a nutritious diet and proper exercise. The formula produces amino acids to enhance the functionalities of the Pituitary Gland, which results in the secretion of more growth hormones and adds a few inches to the existing height. It also gives more strength, increases bone mass density, improves memory, and accelerates our energy levels.
Dosage: Blend a teaspoon of the powder into a glass of milk twice every day
Price: Rs. 2,950 for 450 g.
6. Matsya Veda Confi Max Height Supplement
The Matsya Veda Confi Max Height Supplement is a 100% natural herbal remedy for height gain. It is a combination of 16 amazing herbs like shilajit, arjuna, shatavari, vaividang, ashwagandha, amla, kapikacchu, talmakhana, giloy, bala, guggul, somlata, kutki, gokshura, swarn makshik, and mandura, which are sourced directly from the Himalayas. All these herbs cumulatively work to support the factors responsible for the natural growth of height, such as the healthy functioning of pituitary glands and normal secretion of growth hormones in the body. The supplement contains no chemicals or steroids and is suitable for both men and women.
Dosage: Take 1 capsule with milk or water twice every day for at least 2 months
Price: Rs. 599 for 60 capsules
7. Secure Healthcare Perfect Growth Ayurvedic Height Supplement
Clinically approved by more than 12 Doctors of Ayurveda India, the Secure Healthcare Perfect Growth Ayurvedic Height Supplement is claimed to be India’s best height gainer of 2018. It is an ayurvedic herbal medicinal formula comprising a vital and compelling mix of more than 10 herbs that works by improving digestion and boosting the body’s natural height increasing mechanism. The brand claims to increase 4-5 cm of height in 90 days without posing any side effects.
Dosage: Take 1 teaspoon of powder along with lukewarm milk twice daily and continue for about 4-6 months
Price: Rs. 1,998 for 100 g.
8. Vijay (Device) Ayurvedic Height Jone Natural And Vegetarian For Body Growth
The Vijay (Device) Ayurvedic Height Jone Natural And Vegetarian For Body Growth is GMP-certified, 100% vegetarian capsules with no reported side effects. It is a blend of ayurvedic herbs like ashwagandha, satawari, musli, vidhara, vidharikand, mansrohini, nagkesar, dalchini, vanslochan, muktasukti, ela, shilajeet, loh bhasm, konch, chandershur, haritki, and akashvalli, which improves the metabolism of the body and enhances body growth. The capsules work by activating the human growth hormone while increasing bone density, thickening cartilage, boosting strength and energy, and enhancing brain function.
Dosage: Take 1 capsule twice a day with milk or water 30 minutes after your meal
Price: Rs. 380 for 60 capsules
9. CRD Ayurveda Highmax Body Growth Supplement
Developed by a team of qualified ayurvedic physicians and approved by the Ayush Department, the CRD Ayurveda Highmax Body Growth Supplement is a GMP-certified, non-hormonal, and 100% herbal formulation with no chemicals or steroids. It is a complete height increase system that contains shatavari, vidharikandi, bala, ateebala, munnaka, ashwagandha, millet flour, skimmed milk powder, whey protein, salam mishri, safed moosali, and crushed sugar. The supplement is known to help people gain extra inches by stimulating the growth hormone and boosting the natural process of human growth and development. It is available in different flavors including chocolate, strawberry, banana, mango, elaichi, kesar-pista-badam, vanilla, and American ice cream.
Dosage: Mix 30 g. of powder with water or warm milk and drink twice a day
Price: Rs. 935 for 500 g.
10. Generic Max Height: Height Growth Ayurvedic Medicine
As the name suggests, the Generic Max Height: Height Growth Ayurvedic Medicine is a 100% natural ayurvedic medicinal formulation that is approved by more than 42 doctors in India. These capsules are an amazing mix of vital and compelling herbs that induce no side effects on the body. Rather, they help in fixing general shortcomings and add to the advancement of the entire body in terms of growth.
Dosage: Take 1 capsule with milk or water every day
Price: Rs. 1,999 for 30 capsules
Other Points to Keep in Mind
Apart from choosing Ayurvedic products for height increase, you can also keep the following points in mind in order to grow and look taller:
- Maintain good postures for both sitting and standing
- Make your core stronger by practicing plank, abdominal crunch, etc.
- Have nutrient-rich foods and stay hydrated
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is There Any Medical Treatment for Height Increase?
Unfortunately, there is no medical treatment for increasing height in adults. However, using growth hormone injections can help your body produce the required amount of growth hormone in order to boost your height to some extent.
Which Food can Increase Height?
Foods like fresh fruits and vegetables, dairy products, whole grains, proteins, etc. can deliver adequate nutrition to your body, thereby stimulating its normal growth and development.
Which Exercises Help in Increasing Height?
Certain exercises like single leg hopping, puppy pose, jogging, side stretch, cobra stretch, etc. can help you grow taller before you reach your adulthood.
Does Rope Skipping Increase Height?
Rope skipping is known to increase the length and mass of our bones. This helps in increasing the height by a few inches.
- “How Much of Human Height is Genetic and How Much is Due to Nutrition?“, ScientificAmerican.com
- “An Overview on Ashwagandha: A Rasayana (Rejuvenator) of Ayurveda“, ncbi.nlm.nih.gov
- “Shilajit: A Natural Phytocomplex with Potential Procognitive Activity“, ncbi.nlm.nih.gov
- “Effect of Praval Bhasma (Coral Calx), A Natural Source of Rich Calcium on Bone Mineralization in Rats“, ncbi.nlm.nih.gov
- “Tinospora cordifolia: One Plant, Many Roles“, ncbi.nlm.nih.gov
- “Plant Profile, Phytochemistry and Pharmacology of Asparagus racemosus (Shatavari): A Review“, ncbi.nlm.nih.gov