How far can you go to accelerate your hair growth? No, you do not need to burn a hole in your pocket by spending on pricey hair care products for this. Instead, an inversion therapy that has been around for thousands of years can give you one-inch hair growth in just a week! The inversion method has become the latest hair growth craze. It is easy to follow, simple to practice, inexpensive, not too time-consuming, and compelling enough. Here are the details: (1)
What Is the Inversion Method For Hair Growth?
The ‘Inversion Method for hair growth’ is a technique rooted in yoga. Since time immemorial, inverted poses have been practiced in yoga to rebalance our body and mind and curb back pain. The same method, in which the body is inverted either upside down or at a certain angle, is also claimed to increase blood circulation throughout the body, including the scalp, stimulating our hair follicles and speeding up hair growth significantly. One can go for a handstand or headstand if they can do it. Alternatively, lean over the side of your bed while standing upright or bend your head over while sitting in a chair. It is believed that practicing the method of inversion for seven consecutive days in a month can help our locks grow from (1/2)-inch a month to 1 inch a week. Apart from hair growth, the inversion method also helps stimulate the brain, improve the glandular system’s activities, reduce abdominal pressure, relieve tension, and so on.
Also Read – DIY- How to Make Henna Hair Oil for Hair Growth
What Are The Steps Involved?
The inversion method can be practiced both with and without oil. We are breaking down the technique with oiling into steps. If you want to skip the oil, follow the steps mentioned after the ‘oil massage’ part. Here we go:
- Take the required amount (based on the length and volume of your hair) of a hair oil of your preference into a small bowl and warm it up slightly. Coconut oil or olive oil can be a good choice. You can also prepare an oil mixture by blending coconut, olive, almond, and castor oils.
- Massage your scalp gently with the warm oil/oil blend by moving the fingertips in a circular motion. Ensure you run your fingers into your hair roots during the massage and continue for 5 to 10 minutes.
- When the massaging is done, invert your body or only your head slightly (maintaining a steady angle is necessary) and let your locks hang loosely for 4 to 7 minutes.
- Now, braid up your hair and allow the oil to sit overnight. If keeping it for the entire night is impossible, practice the method 2 hours before you bathe.
- Next morning, rinse your hair with a mild herbal shampoo, and you are done with the first session of the inversion method for hair growth.
Who Can Practice the Inversion Method?
Though the inversion method sounds like a perfect solution for fast hair growth in almost all people, it is not. Those who are not fit enough or with general health issues should avoid practicing this technique. You should also try to stay away from this method if you are suffering from any of these medical conditions: high blood pressure, low blood pressure, cardiovascular problems, stroke, osteoporosis, swollen joints, obesity, spinal injury, pregnancy, hernia, glaucoma, detached retina, conjunctivitis, ear infection, menstruation, unhealed fractures, and so forth.
Precautions To Be Taken
Even if you are healthy and fit, you must take a few precautions while starting with the inversion method for hair growth:
- The degree of inversion matters a lot. Do not invert at an angle that is too steep.
- You may feel dizzy/tired/uncomfortable during the procedure. If so, move out of the inverted position slowly and steadily.
- If you are a beginner, make sure that you have someone nearby so that they can assist you in case you feel dizzy.
- Always practice the inversion method for seven consecutive days a week and then wait three more weeks to attempt the next session.
Also Read – How to Use Curry Leaves for Hair Growth
Tips And Tricks
Finally, here are some more tips and tricks to help you make the most of your practice:
- Keep track of the length of your hair. Measure it before starting your practice to make comparing the before and after conditions easy.
- Using an oil for the inversion method is always fruitful. It will enhance the hair growth even more by providing nourishment.
- Try to use commercial hair care or styling products as little as possible while practicing this method to avoid product build-ups.
The inversion method is effective for all hair types, irrespective of gender. However, consult your physician first if you think it is worth trying.
The Inversion Method for hair growth, rooted in yoga, claims to accelerate hair growth by increasing blood circulation to the scalp. It involves massaging warm oil into the scalp, inverting the body or head for 4 to 7 minutes, braiding the hair, and allowing the oil to sit overnight. The method should be practiced for seven consecutive days, with a three-week break between sessions. However, individuals with certain health conditions should avoid this technique, and precautions must be taken to prevent dizziness or discomfort.