How far can you go to accelerate your hair growth? No, you do not need to burn a hole in your pocket by spending on pricey hair care products for this. Rather, an inversion therapy, which has been around for thousands of years, can give you one-inch hair growth in just a single week! Needless to say, the inversion method has become the latest hair growth craze. It is easy to follow, simple to practice, inexpensive, not too time-consuming and above all, effective enough. Here are the details:
What Is Inversion Method For Hair Growth?
The ‘Inversion Method for hair growth’ is a technique, which has its root in yoga. Since time immemorial, inverted poses have been practiced in yoga to rebalance our body and mind as well as curb back pain. The same technique, in which the body is inverted either upside down or at a certain angle, is also claimed to increase blood circulation throughout the body including the scalp, thereby stimulating our hair follicles and speeding up the growth of hair significantly. One can go for a handstand or headstand if he or she can manage to do it. Alternatively, lean over the side of your bed while standing upright or bend your head over while sitting in a chair. It is believed that the practicing the method of inversion for 7 consecutive days in a month can help our locks grow from (1/2)-inch a month to 1-inch a week. Apart from hair growth, the inversion method also helps in stimulating brain, improving the activities of glandular system, reducing abdominal pressure, relieving tension, and so on.
Also Read – DIY- How to Make Henna Hair Oil for Hair Growth Here
What Are The Steps Involved?
The inversion method can be practiced both with and without oil. We are breaking down the method with oiling into steps. If you want to skip the oil, just follow the steps mentioned after the ‘oil massage’ part. Here we go:
- Take the required amount (based on the length and volume of your hair) of hair oil of your preference into a small bowl and warm it up slightly. Coconut oil or olive oil can be a god choice. You can also prepare an oil mixture by blending coconut oil, olive oil, almond oil and castor oil together.
- Massage your scalp gently with the warm oil / oil blend by moving the fingertips in circular motion. Make sure that you run your fingers into your hair roots during the massage and continue it for 5 to 10 minutes.
- As soon as the massaging is done, invert your body or only your head slightly (maintaining a steady angle is necessary) and let your locks hang loosely for 4 to 7 minutes.
- Now, braid up your hair and allow the oil to sit overnight. If keeping it for the entire night is not possible for you, practice the method 2 hours before you take a bath.
- Next morning, rinse your hair with a mild herbal shampoo and you are done with the first session of inversion method for hair growth.
Also Read – The Actual Relation between Scalp Massage and Hair Growth Here
Who Can Practice Inversion Method?
Though the inversion method sounds like a perfect solution for fast hair growth in almost all people, it is actually not. Those, who are not fit enough or have general health issues, should avoid practicing this technique. You should also try to stay away from this method if you are suffering from any of these medical conditions: high blood pressure, low blood pressure, cardiovascular problems, stroke, osteoporosis, swollen joints, obesity, spinal injury, pregnancy, hernia, glaucoma, detached retina, conjunctivitis, ear infection, menstruation, unhealed fractures, and so forth.
Precautions To Be Taken
Even if you are absolutely healthy and fit, you must take a few precautions while starting out with the inversion method for hair growth:
- The degree of inversion matters a lot. Do not invert at an angle that is too steep.
- You may feel dizzy / drowsy / uncomfortable at any time during the procedure. If so, just move out of the inverted position slowly and steadily.
- If you are a beginner, make sure that you have someone nearby so that he / she can assist you in case you feel dizzy.
- Always practice the inversion method for consecutive 7 days in a week and then wait for 3 more weeks to attempt the next session.
Also Read – How to Use Curry Leaves for Hair Growth Here
Some Tips And Tricks
Finally, here are some more tips and tricks to help you make the most of your practice:
- Keep a track of the length of your hair. Measure it before starting your practice so that it becomes easy for you to compare the before and after conditions.
- Using an oil for the inversion method is always fruitful. It will enhance the hair growth even more by provide nourishment.
- Try to use commercial hair care or styling products as less as possible while practicing this method in order to avoid product build-ups.
The inversion method is effective for all types of hair irrespective of gender. However if you think it is worth trying, consult with your physician first.
Image Credit – Featured, 1, 2, 3