Who does not want a firm, smooth and young-looking face? Of course, everyone. But from the inevitable aging process to the day-to-day exposure to pollution, each and everything takes a toll on our skin. Result? Loose and sagging skin, fine lines, frown lines, wrinkles, crow’s feet, smile lines and lots of other similar issues. Collagen injections are a good choice to get rid of all these unwanted skin issues and restore your natural beauty. Read on below to know more:
What are Collagen Injections?
Collagen injections, also technically termed as ‘zyplast’ and ‘zyderm’, are mainly injectable fillers that are inserted into the skin right below the surface layer for filling in the lines around different facial features like eyes, lips, etc. It replenishes the collagen needs of our skin to a great extent, which eventually results into efficient contouring of the face. Consequently, we get smooth youthful face with defined features.
Types of Collagen Injections
There are a number of collagen injections available in the market. However, three most important of them are:
- Human collagen fillers (CosmoDerm, Cosmoplast, etc.)
- Cow collagen fillers (Zyderm, Zyplast, etc.)
- Hybrid collagen fillers (Artefill – a perfect blend of synthetic microspheres and cow collagen)
How Do They Work?
- At first, an allergy test is carried out in order to make sure that the skin of the patient is not sensitive to collagen. As the filler comprises the local anesthetic lidocaine, there is no need of external anesthesia.
- Now, different ‘points of injection’ are marked by the doctor depending upon the requiremens of the patient. The injectible is inserted into the skin with the help of small needle(s).
- The collagen content of the filler gets absorbed by the skin and fills in the lines gradually so that we can erase the lines from our faces.
- The procedure can easily be finished within half an hour.
Also Read – Prevelle Silk Injections – Benefits, Cost and Side Effects Here
A person, who is in good health, aged between 35 and 60 years, and having issues like smile lines, frown lines, crow’s feet, etc. should be considered as an ideal candidate for the method. Those who are allergic to bovine or lidocaine, suffering from autoimmune diseases or undergoing pregnancy should avoid such injections strictly.
- Being an outpatient procedure, the outcomes are visible instantly. However, the complete effects will take at least 7 days to appear.
- You get smooth, line-free young-looking facial skin with better contour.
- The results are not permanent. You will need touch-ups every 3 to 6 months in order to maintain the volume and fullness of your face.
The swelling and redness will disappear within 48 hours, while all other initial complications may subsidize within 1 week. There is no significant downtime and hence, you can return to your regular schedule instantaneously.
Risks and Side Effects
Collagen injections come with certain potential complications. These include swelling, redness, bruising, infection, allergy, scarring, uneven skin texture, abscess, burning and throbbing.
Also Read – Dysport Injections – Benefits, Cost and Side Effects Here
- Erase all sorts of lines and wrinkles to give you a smoother, firmer and youthful face.
- Being a non-invasive procedure, it does not involve much pain, discomfort, or bleeding.
- Gives immediate results with no downtime.
- Defines your face by contouring it perfectly.
The minimum cost of the procedure is $300 and it can go up to $700 including the prices of all sessions in a single treatment.
Image Credit – Featured, 1, 2