‘ACNE’ is the scariest four-letter word that gives nightmare to almost all beauty enthusiasts at some points of time in their lifetime. The worst thing about acne is that it attacks just anyone and everyone irrespective of gender, age, and skin type, and finally, leaves ugly stubborn scars. There are tons of so-called effective acne treatments available in the market, but to be honest, none of them lives up to the claims. Hence, we suggest you to opt for argan oil in order to prevent as well as treat your acne successfully. Don’t worry, we have furnished detailed information about this ‘magic potion’ just for you. Check it out:
About Argan Oil
Argan oil is extracted from the unroasted nuts of the Moroccan argan tree. It is a golden-coloured liquid, which is enriched with vitamins, healthy fats (omega-3 fatty acid, omega-6 fatty acid), carotenoids, antioxidants (vitamin E, phenolic compounds), sterolins, and so on. All these work together to provide us a number of health, skin, and hair benefits with absolutely zero side effects. Hence these days, argan oil is widely used in the cosmetic industry.
Also Read – 7 Incredible Advantages of Argan Oil for Hair and Skin Here
How Does Argan Oil Work On Acne?
While there are a number of beauty uses of argan oil, it is mostly appreciated for its capacity of preventing as well as treating acne efficiently. The natural healing qualities of the oil can help acne and its scars fade away upon regular application, thereby giving us healthier skin. Here is how the oil works on acne:
- Argan oil is loaded with natural antioxidants, especially vitamin E, which protects our cells from oxidative damages caused by free radicals. It helps our skin maintain its natural oil balance, thereby restricting the over secretion of sebaceous glands. As the production of sebum is regulated, the occurrence of acne also goes down significantly.
- Being a natural anti-inflammatory agent, Vitamin E can reduce the inflammation resulted from acne. It speeds up the healing of the damaged cells and tissues by providing proper nourishment to them and keeping irritation, swelling, tenderness, etc. at bay.
- The linoleic acid content of argan oil also makes it a great anti-inflammatory substance, which soothes outbreaks nicely. It is an essential fatty acid that averts the formation of excess dead cells by keeping the skin hydrated and promotes the turnover of healthy skin cells at the same time. Both of these are necessary for avoiding the clogging of pores, thereby reducing acne.
- Argan oil is rich in another essential fatty acid called oleic acid, which creates a perfect oil-water balance in our skin cells to keep it clean and acne-free. Oleic acid helps in increasing sebum production in dry skin, decreasing sebum production in oily skin, and allowing water to cleanse the pores by penetrating the skin easily. Therefore, we do not experience pore clogging or acne flare-ups.
- Argan oil also contains polyphenols, a group of antioxidants that helps in both exfoliation as well as regeneration of skin cells.
Also Read – How Castor Oil Should Be Used For Acne? Here
Why Choose Argan Oil Over Other Acne Cures?
Now the question is, why should you choose argan oil over other popular acne treatments or prescription drugs? We tell you quite a few reasons here. Have a look:
- Argan oil is completely natural and hence, is totally safe to use. It can be used by everyone irrespective of sex, age, or skin type.
- It does not have any negative effects on our skin or health (medically proven).
- It penetrates the skin and cures bacterial growth at the dermis instead of limiting the task of healing only to the epidermal layer.
- It is one of the most inexpensive acne treatments you can ever opt for.
Also Read – How You Can Use Turmeric for Acne Here
How To Use Argan Oil For Treating Acne?
The application procedure of argan oil for treating acne is very easy. Make sure that you get 100% pure argan oil for enjoying the best results. Here is the step by step cleansing routine you should follow with argan oil in order to get rid of acne:
- Wash your face properly with a mild herbal cleanser. Try to avoid products that contain parabens, cleansing beads, and synthetic components as these can be harsh on your acne flare-ups.
- Pat your skin dry. Use a soft cotton towel and be very gentle as too much rubbing can increase irritation.
- Pour 1-2 drops of pure argan oil onto your fingertips. Apply it to the affected parts of your skin.
- Massage gently in small circular motion until the oil gets absorbed into the skin completely.
- Repeat the entire procedure twice every day – in the morning and at night.
Argan oil can be used on dry, oily, combination and sensitive skin without any worries. You may not see the results instantly. But be consistent about the application and it will work like magic for sure.