Bhringraj is a plant with many uses in Ayurveda. It has been used for ages to improve hair growth and color. It has a greenish color and strong fragrance. Regular massage with bhringraj oil improves blood circulation in the scalp which helps revitalize the hair follicles and promotes growth of hair. It is normally made by blending extracts of the bhringraj plant in an oil like coconut or sesame oil. Ayurveda also states that bhringraj oil helps improve sleep. An oil such as bhringraj oil, when used correctly, helps in reducing hair fall and accelerating hair growth. Let us see the benefits of the oil in detail and how to use bhringraj oil for hair growth.
1. Regular use of bhringraj oil for oiling the hair helps in preventing greying and helps in regaining original hair color.
2. The oil is normally a blend of bhringraj with amla, shikakai in oils of coconut or sesame. All these oils and herbs help in making your hair thick and lustrous.
3. The oil prevents scalp infections like dandruff and gives you irritation free scalp.
4. Massaging your hair with bhringraj oil gives relief from headaches and migraine.
5. Massaging also helps improve blood circulation to the scalp which in turn promotes hair growth.
6. Regular use also makes your hair stronger and shinier.
7. The oil has cooling properties on the mind and body, which helps relive stress and stress-related hair-fall.
8. It is a natural oil with no dangerous side effects. The only side effect that is sometimes possible is that if you are using it in the winter, do not leave it overnight if you have a tendency to catch a cold easily. Since the oil is so cooling, applying it overnight can induce a cold.
Also Read – Best Hair Growth Oils Available In India – Top 7 Picks Here
Make your own Bhringraj Oil
Bhringraj Oil is found in its pure state or is blended with herbs and sold by a number of popular brands like Khadi, Aloe Veda, Biotique and Neev. You could pick up one of them, or better still, make the oil at home. Make, did we say? Yes! You need access to bhringraj leaves or powder for it. To make it, clean a handful of bhringraj leaves and roughly chop them up. If using powder, use 3 tsp of bhringraj powder. Now heat one cup or 200 ml of coconut oil or sesame oil in a pan. After about 2-3 minutes, add to this the bhringraj leaves. Heat the mixture for about five minutes. Throw in a teaspoon of fenugreek seeds. Boil for a further five minutes. Turn off the heat and allow it to cool. Strain the mixture and use for lovely healthy hair.
How to use Bhringraj Oil for Hair Growth?
1. The key to growing hair is improvement of blood circulation which needs a massage. So take about 4-5 tsp of bhringraj oil – more or less according to your hair length. Heat it gently for about half a minute. Apply this lukewarm oil all over your scalp and hair length. Massage the scalp in circulatory motion. It is best to get someone to do it for you while you relax.
2. Next take small partitions of your hair and gently tug at your hair roots to stimulate them. Massage your head for about ten minutes and leave the oil on the scalp at least for an hour.
3. Overnight soaking gives you best results. Use a towel on your pillow to prevent staining.
4. For best results, wash it off with a natural hair wash or a mild shampoo.
Repeat this at least twice a week. Many women have seen dramatic changes in their hair withing a month of usage.
Also Read – Best Ayurvedic Oils to Prevent Hair Loss in India Here
So go ahead and start using bhringraj oil for great hair health.