When it comes to taking utmost care of our skin, natural or kitchen ingredients are always considered as the best. Mung bean is one of such magic component that can give our skin a beauty boost naturally. Here, we are going to show you three different ways to pamper your skin with mung beans. Check out an exfoliating scrub, a face pack and a face mask recipe to give yourself natural mung bean facials and boost your natural beauty significantly:
(1) Mung Bean Facial Scrub
- Mung beans – 1 cup
- Lukewarm water – 1 cup
- Essential oil – 2-3 drops
- A face cloth
- Make sure that the mung beans you have taken are clean and dust-free. However, do not wash them with water as you need to pulverize them for using as a scrub. So, put them into a blender and make fine powder. Pour it into a bowl and keep aside.
- Now, you need to make the face cloth damp. We have taken here lukewarm water for it. But if you wish, you can replace it with warm sage tea of equal quantity. Take the essential oil of your choice. Lavender and rose essential oils are always good options. Just add the essential oil drops to the lukewarm water or warm sage tea and dampen the face cloth by dipping it into the mixture.
- After that, place the damp face cloth neatly over your face and press with your fingers lightly. Wait for next 10-15 minutes so that all the oil, dirt and grime stick to the cloth from your face and it gets cleansed perfectly. Then, remove the cloth carefully.
- Now, pour the mung bean powder onto your palm in small amounts and exfoliate different parts of your face with it. You must use your fingertips for this purpose and be gentle enough while scrubbing.
- Continue the exfoliation for not more than 3 minutes. Finally, rinse it off with fresh cold water.
Also Read – Soybean For Hair Growth: Some Benefits You Must Know Here
(2) Mung Bean Facial Pack
- Mung Beans – 1 cup
- Lukewarm water – (1/2) cup
- Take clean and dust-free mung beans and make fine powder by grinding them altogether in a blender. Transfer the powder to a medium-sized bowl.
- Pour lukewarm water into the bowl and mix it with the powder by using a spoon. You should come up with a smooth paste. The texture of the paste should neither be too thick nor too thin.
- Now, apply the paste all over your face evenly excluding the areas around the eyes and lips. Let it dry for next 10 to 15 minutes.
- Once the pack becomes semi-dry, scrub your face gently with it by using your fingertips. Do it for the next 10 minutes.
- At last, rinse it off with fresh cold or lukewarm water.
(3) Mung Bean Facial Mask
- Mung beans – 1 cup
- Plain yogurt – 2 teaspoons
- Just like the previous two facials, take clean and dust-free mung beans, place them inside a blender and grind them thoroughly to prepare fine powder. Shift it to a medium-sized bowl.
- Add plain yogurt to the bowl and blend well to form a smooth thick paste.
- Apply it all over your face uniformly. Wait for 20 to 30 minutes so that the mask dries up completely.
- Then, rinse it off with fresh cold water.
Also Read – 12 Amazing Red Lentils (Masoor Dal) Face Packs and Body Scrubs to Try Here
Benefits of Doing Mung Bean Facial
- The natural mung bean exfoliating scrub is especially beneficial for acne-prone skin. You can get rid of facial or body acne just within a few days by using this homemade scrub continually. Long-term use of this scrub can improve the condition of your skin to a great extent.
- The mung bean face pack will gift you a squeaky clean face with reduced tan, smaller pores, lesser oiliness, least number of blackheads and amazing radiance.
- The mung bean facial mask is known to maintain the pH level of our skin and give it a perfect healthy glow.