There are millions of women suffering from Vaginal Yeast infection without really doing anything about it, either because they are unaware of the remedy for it or are too conscious to seek help. It makes you feel icky and causes irritation and itchiness. It happens because of the overgrowth of a fungus called candida which resides in the vagina. It causes a white or yellowish discharge from the vagina. The discharge can sometimes be clumpy and irritating. The discharge, however does not have any foul smell. Rather than silently suffering the vaginal yeast infection, you can turn to these home remedies for relief.
Causes of the Vaginal Yeast Infection
- Stress and lack of proper sleep can result in the yeast infection.
- Higher levels of sugar in your system will help the yeast multiply
- Antibiotics that lower the amount of lactobacillus in the vagina can lead to proliferation of the candida albicans
- Weak immune system – the body does not have the potential to fight the infection. As a result, the infection does not subside.
- Imbalance in the hormones, triggered by your menstrual cycle. This results in the increase in the population of yeast in the vagina.
How to cure vaginal yeast infection with home remedies?
- Garlic is an antimicrobial agent that will help kill the yeast infection. If you can tolerate the smell, make a paste out of garlic and some warm water. Consume a tsp of this everyday as it will help fight the yeast infection. Applying crushed garlic on your vagina also is known to curb the infection more quickly.
- Washing your vaginal area with half a cup of warm water that has 4 tbsp of apple cider vinegar everyday will cure the yeast infection within a week.
- Applying grapefruit juice mixed with a few drops of olive oil on the affected area also controls vaginal infections.
- Avoid douching and scented sanitary pads. The chemicals in these products can aggravate the infection.
- Wear slightly loose cotton underwear which will circulate air and keep your intimate region cooler. Wearing undergarments made of synthetic materials will trap more heat and humidity and help in the proliferation of the infection.
- Enrich your diet with probiotics like yogurt. The lactobacillus in it will help in removing the infection causing fungus and help in the multiplication of the good bacteria.
- Do not use harsh soaps or washes to clean your vaginal area.
- Mix a tsp of olive oil with one or two drops of rosemary oil and apply it on the affected area. Do this every night for a week for quick relief from vaginal yeast infections.
- Drink lots of water and keep your body hydrated all the time.
- Reduce your sugar intake or try some natural alternatives to sugar suggested here
- Mix some coconut oil with some cinnamon powder and apply it on your vagina. Leave it for about an hour and then wipe it off. You can follow this up with an application of plain coconut oil that has anti-microbial properties which will help curtail the yeast infection in the vagina.
If at all the infection does not reduce after a week or ten days of following these remedies, consult your doctor to go in for some prescribed medication.
Also Read – All Natural Home Remedies for Vaginal Dryness Here