Maintaining feminine hygiene during menstruation is indispensable for each woman. Needless to say, choosing the right sanitary pad is essential for this purpose. Gone are the days when there were only a few choices for napkins. Now, there are lots of options in the market and you can easily pick the most suitable one as per your requirements and convenience.
These pads are all about loving life and loving yourself as much as you do others. continue make you feel unstoppable and feeling great at any age. They ensure that you do not need need to feel any less confident during “that time of the month”. Whisper Ultra Clean has you covered, so you can get on with the things you love without having to worry about your protection. ensure that you wake up happy. Live boldly, fully, freely!
How to Select the Right Pad?
Selecting the right pad can be a difficult task if you are not aware of your requirements. The best way to select a pad depends on a number of factors. These include:
1. Length & Flow
One size doesn’t fit all. Discharge is usually heavier at the start of your period. Pads with extra length offer greater absorbency.
2. Good Absorbency & Odor Control
Pads have an absorbent core that can manage the heavy flow. Go for pads with a high level of absorbency and odor control feature.
3. Material Comfort
The type of material used affects its breathability and comfort level. Look for chemical-free pads that are durable and provide an irritation-free experience.
Choose pads according to your lifestyle. Select winged slim pads while doing your gym session. Go for extra-absorbent pads if you are on a long business trip.
Top 10 Sanitary Pads in India for a Healthy and Safe Period
If you have not scanned the supermarket aisles yet for the latest arrivals in the women’s hygiene section, we are here to help you out. Find below the top 10 sanitary pads in India that have been chosen by millions of women for a healthy and safe period:
1. Whisper Ultra Clean
The new revolutionary Whisper Ultra Clean XL+ ensures that you wake up happy even on heavy flow days. It provides long-lasting hygienic protection with a super-absorbent core and longer wings.
- Nearly 40% longer with extra-large+ (XL+) wings (317 mm.)
- Gives long-lasting coverage and hygienic protection
- Helps the napkin stay in its place all day long
- Provides 5 times better protection than ordinary pads
- Designed especially for heavy periods with dual-action gel
- Absorbs liquids in seconds
- Locks wetness and odor up to 100%
- The soft dry-weave cover keeps you feeling dry and fresh
- Have a delightful scent for extra protection against odor
Price: Rs. 165 for 15 pads (Rs. 11 per wing)
2. Stayfree Dry-Max All Night Ultra-Dry XL
Your period cannot hold you back when you have the Stayfree Dry-Max All Night Ultra-Dry XL with you. It gives you night-long comfort and a sound sleep even when there is an extremely intense flow.
- Ultra-thin pads with extra-long (315 mm.) and extra-wide wings
- Dry max cover for the best dry feel
- Super lock pockets with gel-core
- Locks in fluid throughout the night
- Unique Night Guard 5 feature for all-round protection
- Provides protection against leakage from all sides
- Odor control technology with natural plant extracts for a fresh and confident feeling
- Individually folded and wrapped pads
fits your contour snugly and is highly absorbent.
Made for Regular to Heavy periods
2X better coverage
for up to 100% protection with zero leakage
Odour Control System with natural plant extracts helps prevent odour for a fresh and confident feeling
For night flow or heavy flow
Price: Rs. 175 for 14 pads (Rs. 12.50 per wing)
3. Sofy AntiBacteria Extra Long Pads
This pad comes with a unique 99.9% bacteria protection feature. Its deep absorbent formula keeps the upper layer of the pad dry thus making it comfortable to use for a longer duration.
- Prevents leakage as it has extra-long, bacteria absorbing green sheet
- The outer green sheet is loaded with natural ingredients and gives 99.9% protection from the bacteria
- Provides day-long protection from bad odor thus making it comfortable for long usage
- Super value pack comes with 54 wings and it’s quite economical
Price: Rs. 399 for 54 pads (Rs. 7.4 per wing)
4. Stayfree Dry Max Ultra Thin
This product from Stayfree is ideal for daytime use. The super-thin pad comes with a dry-max cover and super lock pockets that keep you dry throughout the day. Its gel-based core also helps in absorbing fluid quickly, thereby keeping you dry, clean, and comfortable.
- Dry-max cover with the ultra-thin body for complete protection
- Super lock pockets with gel-core
- Unique Night Guard 5 feature for all-round night protection
Price: Rs. 90 for 8 pads (Rs. 11.25 per wing)
5. Nua Sanitary Pads
Nua Sanitary Pad comes with a super-absorbent formula that provides a rash free and leakage proof experience.
- Compatible with every stage of period i.e. be it low or high discharge, it can cover all types of flow
- Free from chemicals and provides rash-free experience; Wider wings for superior absorption
- It comes with a disposal cover with every pad
Price: Rs. 239 for 12 pads (Rs. 19.9 per wing)
Read Also – Best Home Remedies to Treat Vaginal Odor
6. Whisper Ultra Nights
These ultra-thin sanitary pads are designed to provide you unparalleled comfort all through the night. The gel core, stretchable wings, extra length, and width at the back – all these ensure that there is no chance of leakage and you have a good night’s sleep.
- Dri-Weave Cover provides soft, dry protection
- Nearly 40% longer pad helps provide more coverage for heavy flow
- Wider Back for better coverage to protect against back leakage throughout the night
- Lock core absorbs fluid and locks it in gel form for long-lasting protection
- 5 times more absorbency than regular pads
Price: Rs. 175 for 15 pads (Rs. 15.9 per wing)
7. Bella Maxi Soft Wings Classic Sanitary Pads
Bella Maxi Soft Wings Classic Sanitary Pad comes with an extra protective layer that helps in complete absorption and its non-woven sheet provides extra comfort.
- Provides extra-breathability and protects the skin from irritation and rashes
- Higher absorption capability minimizes any possibility of leakage
- Extra protective zone ensures zero leakage during night time and heavy flow
- Suitable for all types of skin including sensitive skin
Price: Rs. 176 for 30 pads (Rs. 5.9 per wing)
Read Also – All Natural Home Remedies for Vaginal Dryness
8. Whisper Choice Regular Wings
If you are not too keen on using the ultra-thin pads after the first two days of your period, then Whisper Choice is an ideal pick for the remaining days. It comes with wings and a gel-based core. It also controls odor to a great extent for offering a fresh feeling throughout the day.
- Up to 100% stain prevention
- Dry-weave top sheet with funnel-shaped holes for maximum dryness and comfort
- Large side-safe wings for ultimate fit and protection
- Blue-lock core to give a clean and dry feeling through the period
Price: Rs. 78 for 20 pads (Rs. 3.9 per wing)
9. Pee Safe Organic Cotton, Biodegradable Sanitary Pads
Pee Safe Organic Cotton, Biodegradable Sanitary Pads comes with two variants i.e. overnight and regular. This product is completely organic and free from any harmful chemicals.
- Made with bamboo pulp; provides 300% more absorption capability
- Bamboo pulp is enriched with antibacterial properties and protects from rashes and irritations
- 100% organic making it safe for even sensitive skin
- Comes inside a reusable box
Price: Rs. 299 for 10 pads (Rs. 29.9 per wing)
10. Carefree Panty Liners
Whether it is for the spotting towards the beginning of the end of your periods when you don’t want to wear pads, the panty liners from Carefree are an excellent choice. They help you remain worry-free about staining and without the hassle of wearing a pad. They are smaller and softer than the regular pads and an excellent choice for maintaining hygiene on your “spotting days”.
- Unique soft-cover designed for dryness and comfort
- Absorbed wetness in seconds
- Moisture-proof backing for protection against leakage
- Unscented and dermatologically tested against allergy and irritation
Price: Rs. 90 for 20 liners (Rs. 4.5 per wing)
Maintaining menstrual hygiene is important. Selecting the right type of sanitary pad can be a difficult task. Length & Flow of the period, Absorbency & Odor Control features, Material Comfort and Your Lifestyle can determine the type of pad you need to look for.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How Safe are Sanitary Pads?
In India, only one-sixth of the menstruating women use sanitary pads. Although there is no comprehensive study done on the safety of sanitary pads, consumers assume it as safe since products are certified by the regulatory body (Bureau of Indian Standards) before hitting the market. However, it follows very old standards which are very basic in nature. Alternatively, the market has seen a new boom of organic & reusable products recently.
How to Choose the Right Sanitary Pad?
It’s important to choose the right pad as menstrual hygiene plays an important role in overall health. When you first experience a period, you can start with a regular pad.If your regular pad is filling up fast, then you can switch to a larger size, or depending on the flow, you can come back to the regular size. Some of the factors that you need to consider before buying are absorbency, materials used, your lifestyle, and length & flow of the period.
How Often Should I Change My Pad?
Maintaining menstrual hygiene is a must. Blood is contaminated and not maintaining proper hygiene can lead to rashes, Urinary Tract Infection (UTI), and Vaginal Infection. Whenever you feel your pad is filling up fast, you should go for a change. Typically you should be changing your pads every 4-6 hours.
What are the Side Effects of Sanitary Pads?
Sanitary pads contain chemicals, and using sanitary pads for a long time can increase the risk of cancer, infertility, and birth defects.
What are the Alternatives to Pads?
You can go for Menstrual cups, Reusable Cloths, Period Penties, and Menstrual Sponges.