Have you recently noticed a rash under your breast? Chances are that you are not alone as this is quite a common problem among women. In most cases, it is a form of irritant dermatitis known as intertrigo, a condition in which the skin folds get inflamed. A breast rash might not be a major problem, but it is best not to ignore it and assume that it will just go away in time. It is a good idea to treat the rash as soon as possible so that you can prevent it from causing other complications like skin infection and blisters. Fortunately, you can use simple yet effective home remedies to treat rashes under breasts.
Home Remedies to Treat Rashes Under Breasts
Here are some of the best home remedies to naturally get rid of rashes under breasts and prevent them from recurring:
When it comes to home remedies for treating skin problems, aloe vera is one of the most popular ingredients, and rightly so! It has antifungal and antibacterial properties that can treat rashes under breasts. Aloe vera also has a soothing effect which makes it great for irritated and inflamed skin. Fresh aloe gel has healing properties that make it a superb natural treatment for rashes under breasts and other skin issues.
How to Use:
- Take an aloe vera leaf and cut it sideways to extract the gel.
- Apply the gel on the rash and leave it on for 20 minutes or so.
- Rinse it off with cool water.
- Repeat this remedy 2 to 3 times a day for best results.
- You can also cut the aloe vera sideways and rub it on the affected area.
Known for their therapeutic properties, basil leaves are another very effective remedy for treating breast rashes. They contain antimicrobial compounds that help in preventing the development of infections in the affected area. Basil leaves also have a cooling effect which instantly relieves the stinging sensation that comes with rashes under breasts.
How to Use:
- Pound some basil leaves with a little bit of water to form a smooth paste.
- Apply the paste on the rashes.
- Leave it on for 20 to 25 minutes and then wash off with warm water.
- Apply this basil leave paste 2 times a day until the rashes are gone.
Another highly effective home remedy for rashes under the breasts is corn starch. It alleviates the burning sensation and itching caused by breast rashes. It absorbs the sweat and moisture that is present in the affected area, thereby keeping the skin dry. However, you should keep in mind that if you have a fungal infection, you should use talcum powder instead as fungi feed on cornstarch, and this will make the breast rash worse.
How to Use:
- The first step is to sanitize the affected area with warm water and a mild soap. Then pat dry with a soft, clean towel.
- Once the area is completely dry, lightly dust cornstarch over the rashes.
- Leave it on for 10 minutes and then clean it off.
- Repeat this remedy 1 or 2 times every day until the rashes disappear.
Note: Make sure not to use cornstarch on wet or moist skin as it will increase the risk of fungal infection.
The citrus fragrance of lemons helps in keeping bacteria at bay which is why lemon juice is such a superb natural remedy for breast rashes. Lemon juice also works well for this problem as it helps in preventing fungal infections and speeds up the healing process so that the nasty rash goes away in no time.
How to Use:
- Add a few drops of fresh lemon juice in 1 cup of water.
- Use the solution to rinse the area affected by the rash.
- Use plain water for the final rinse and gently pat dry.
- Repeat this 1 or 2 times daily.
- You can also apply a mixture of 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice and 3 tablespoons of water. Allow it to air dry. Repeat 2 times a day for a few days.
- Another effective remedy is a mixture of 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice and a small amount of raw honey. Apply on the rash, leave on for 15 to 20 minutes and then rinse off. Repeat twice daily for a week.
Tea Tree Oil:
This powerful oil is known to be one of the most effective home remedy ingredients for treating a wide range of skin conditions and problems like acne, pimples, eczema, etc. You can also use tea tree oil to get rid of breast rashes. Its antifungal properties prevent the growth of fungus as well as infection. If you are looking for a potent natural remedy for treating rashes under breasts, tea tree oil is one of the best options.
How to Use:
- Mix 6 drops of pure tea tree oil and 4 tablespoons of olive oil in a bowl.
- Dip a cotton ball in the mixture and apply on the rash.
- Gently massage the affected area so that the skin can absorb the oil.
- Do this immediately after a shower and repeat before you go to bed.
- Repeat for a few days until the rash is gone.
Note: Remember to dilute tea tree oil before applying it on your skin as it can cause irritation.
If you notice any rashes forming under your breasts, forget about store-bought ointments and medications and head to your kitchen where you will find all the ingredients you need for an effective home remedy for the problem.
Image Credit – Featured