The menstrual cycle is one of the most important female biological processes. It is very important that we get our periods regularly as that ensures everything is fine as far as your ovulation process is concerned. Regular on-time periods not only indicate good reproductive strength in women but also ensure their sound health. Sometimes, however, you wish you could delay or prepone your periods because you might have some important functions on those days which cannot be done in such conditions. So what would you do when you are in such kind of dilemma?
Prepone And Postpone Periods Naturally
Well, there are a number of natural remedies that are harmless and can be followed without issues. Let us talk about simple natural ways to prepone and postpone periods:
Also Read – 15 Reasons To Visit Your Gynecologist Here
There are a few tablets available to delay or prepone the periods and there are a number of natural remedies for the same, the choice is however yours. We need to understand that we are trying to manipulate a natural process in our body and if we do that with the help of medicines, it will surely have its side effects. Tablets should never be taken without consulting the doctor meanwhile natural remedies are safer. Basically eating the food that induces heat in the body will prepone the periods and by eating the food that will cool the body will delay the periods. Here we go:
Natural Remedies To Prepone Periods:
- Papaya: To pre-pone periods, women should consume papaya throughout the day. Papaya contains carotene that helps in inducing estrogen and prepones the periods. Apart from that, papaya is also said to produce heat in the body which helps in preponing the periods.
- Pomegranate juice: Pomegranate juice should be consumed at least 2 to 3 times a day for 10 to 15 days. This is very helpful for preponing periods.
- Dates: Dates are a heat-inducing food. Hence, the consumption of dates can introduce periods before its schedule.
- Carrot and pumpkin: Both carrot and pumpkin contain carotene, which is essential for bringing periods forward.
- Pineapple juice: In order to pre-pone periods, you can drink pineapple juice at least twice a day. Pineapple forms heat in the body, which helps the menstruation start early.
- Sesame seeds: Take 1 teaspoon of sesame seeds or powder and add 1 tablespoon of jaggery or honey to it. This mixture can be consumed daily to get your periods early.
- Ginger: Ginger is another good natural remedy for preponing periods. You can have ginger in the form of tea or just drink fresh ginger juice with honey on an empty stomach.
Also Read – Worried About Your PCOS? Say Hello To Ayurveda! Here
Natural Remedies To Postpone Periods:
- Parsley leaves: Boil a handful of parsley leaves in half a liter of water for about twenty minutes. Strain the infused water and drink it warm along with honey. It has to be done 2 to 3 times a day. This remedy is very beneficial for postponing periods.
- Gram lentils: Consume fried gram lentil soup with warm water for a full week on a daily basis before the onset of your periods. This soup is best to have on an empty stomach.
- No spicy food: Avoid spicy food as it induces heat in the body and thus prepones periods. If you are trying to delay your periods, you have to cut out all spicy food, for instance, chilies, hot peppers, garlic, paprika, black pepper etc. The idea behind this is to cut off even the slightest trace of heat from your body.
Also Read – Prepone Or Postpone Periods with these Medicines Here
Medical Remedies To Prepone Or Postpone Periods:
There are medical remedies too, but they should always be taken after consulting the doctor. Following are three medications that are most commonly used for this purpose:
- Primolut-N: This prescription drug can both prepone and postpone periods effectively with its active ingredient ‘norethisterone’. To forward the timing of your menstruation, start taking 5 mg. of Primolut-N at least 10 days prior to the expected date. Conversely, start taking the medicine at least 3 days before your expected date if you want to postpone your periods.
- Ibuprofen: You will have to take 800 mg of ibuprofen in every 8 hours and a double dose of B6 vitamins on a daily basis. Start the dosage a week or two before your periods.
- Ovral-G: Being a combination of estrogen and progesterone, this medication helps in delaying the periods in a less painful manner. It should be continued until the menstruation needs to be started again.
Also Read – Here Are Top 10 Sanitary Pads In India – Have A Safe Period! Here
Warning: Menstrual cycle is a natural process in a women’s body. Tampering with it in any way might cause minor side effects to major complications. Therefore, consult your doctor before taking such decisions in order to check if your body is capable of that or not.
A Few Important Tips…
- If you are relying on prescription drugs for preponing or postponing your periods, make sure that you do not use that for more than 12 or 14 days in one go.
- Stay away from over-the-counter medicines that claim to rearrange the dates of menstrual cycles.
- Try to avoid synthetic drugs as much as possible. Rather, opt for natural alternatives.
Also Read – 10 Superfoods That Can Boost Fertility In Women Here
Image Credit – Featured, 1