Well-defined cheekbones, sharp jawline, and perfect nose, well these are all acquired through contouring. Who wouldn’t want to achieve all those? Every woman was running to the nearest beauty shop to grab contouring tools to make herself look picture-perfect.
However, a new star has outshined contouring and it’s called non-touring. It’s true. Take a look at the latest makeup trends and you’ll see what the craze is all about. The new go-to makeup style for this season is softer, more gorgeous, and absolutely achievable. Are you curious about non-touring? Read on to know more.
What Is Non-Touring?
The word “non-touring” is derived from “non” and “ contouring”. It simply means not contouring or doing the opposite of contouring.
Non-touring is a method of makeup application which is closely similar to highlighting. It makes use of skin illuminating products which attract and reflect light so that skin will give off a natural healthy glow. The levels of radiance can be adjusted based on your choice. As a whole, the makeup practice yields a light, fresh, and dewy finish. The significantly soft ‘non-toured’ look can be created even by an amateur to gently enhance the subtle shape of our face unlike contouring which needs constant practice to get the right shape and shade.
Also Read- Always In A Hurry? – 10 Amazing Hair And Makeup Hacks To Make Your Life Easy
Also Read – Define Your Cheekbones – Contouring and 5 Makeup Products Here
‘Non-Touring’ – Feature Highlights
According to celebrity makeup artist Renee Sanganoo, “non-touring is kind of Spanx for the skin. You know you’re wearing it, but no one’s supposed to see it.” Here is a quick overview of non-touring.
A makeup trick to get a natural, ‘no-makeup look’
Does not involve the use of heavy foundation, powder, or blush
Gives the skin a light and breathable texture
Highlights the natural bone structure
Gives skin a soft, fresh, and dewy appearance with a healthy glow
A perfect sweat-proof makeup choice to wear on those hot summer days when both temperature and humidity are high
Simple and easy to wear, needs no special makeup skill
Does not consume too much time
Is not high maintenance
Can be used as day-time or everyday look
Non-Touring VS. Contouring?
Non-touring, as the name suggests, is opposite to contouring. It can also provide a ‘glowy sculpt’ look and hence, is also known as the ‘less made-up version’ of contouring. Below is a brief comparison between the two:
Also Read- How To Wear A Dazzling Mermaid Makeup?
1. Dramatic vs. Subtle. While contouring heavily sculpts the face by defining the bone structure artificially, non-touring skips those dramatic angles and sticks to the natural, soft and subtle look.
2. Heavy vs. Light. Contouring involves over-caking the face with layers of rich makeup products while non-touring limits itself only to moisturizing and highlighting to create a fresh, dewy, and radiant appearance.
3. Night vs. Day. Heavy contouring fails to be an everyday makeup look, especially in summer. It is usually used for photoshoots and special events and is regarded as a night look. On the contrary, non-touring is light, sweat-proof, and allows the skin to breathe, thereby making it a daily summer makeup choice.
4. Dark vs. Highlight. The contoured look’s goal is to exaggerate certain areas of the face such as cheek bones and jaw line using dark colors. In non-touring, instead of using dark colors, shimmery colors are used to highlight areas of the face where light will reflect.
5. Difficult vs. Easy. Even if you were never able to master contouring, you can successfully create a non-toured look with minimal make-up skills.
How To ‘Non-Tour’ Your Face?
As mentioned before, getting the coveted non-toured look is easy. Here is a breakdown that will serve as a guide in giving you a stunning, no-makeup, glowing-from-within appearance without piling on heavy makeup items:
Ingredients And Tools Required:
Tinted moisturizer (a little shimmery will be great) / light BB cream
Highlighter (based on the undertone of the skin)
Concealer if needed
Foundation brush, sponge, beauty blender, or your choice of tools for spreading moisturizer or bb cream evenly.
Brush for spreading highlighter
The rest of your make-up (eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara, lipstick, etc.) to finish the look.
Tips in choosing make-up for Non-touring
It is important to pick the right highlighter as it would influence your look to a great extent. A frosty pink highlighter for light skin and golden bronze color for dark skin is recommended. For women with yellow undertones, choose golden or bronze colors. Silver colors will make you look ashy. For women with pink undertones, you can use both silver and gold colors.
Remember, non-touring is all about feeling fresh and light. Do not be tempted by foundation. It is too heavy for this look. Instead look for a bb cream with a dewy or satin finish. For those with oily skin, you can opt for bb cream with semi-matte finish since the oil on your face will give you a natural glow.
Also Read – WTF! Neck Contouring – The New Makeup Trend To Watch Out!
Step By Step Application Procedure:
1. First, apply a generous amount of regular moisturizer to give your skin enough hydration. This is the secret to soft, dewy skin. The more hydrated your skin is, the healthier and brighter it will appear.
2. Finish your base makeup by applying illuminating primer. It will add a subtle natural glow to your face while minimizing large pores and improving the overall texture of your skin. It will also prep your face for the next step.
3. Now, apply a thin layer of tinted moisturizer. It would be better to find one with a bit of shimmer in it. If you prefer BB cream over moisturizer, go for a lighter version. However, do not try non-touring with a heavy, full-coverage foundation. Also, if you have imperfections, a concealer can be used for spot treatment.
4. Finally, apply the highlighter strategically to certain areas of your face like underneath the eyebrow bones, above the cheekbones, and in between the eyes (down the bridge of the nose). These are generally high areas of the face or areas that stand out and can reflect light. Applying highlighter strategically will help your skin shine naturally. Also, make sure that you do not end up looking too shimmery by applying too much highlighter. Do not apply highlighter all over the face.
Also Read – How To Give Yourself A Trendy Ear Makeup?
Ta-Da! You are NON-TOURED now! It’s easy, effortless, and will make you look brighter and more youthful. Move over contouring, non-touring is the new star.