Embrace your fascination with mermaids and transform it into a mesmerizing vision of glamour. Recreate the allure of mermaid beauty today, and you’ll be astonished at the captivating and seductive transformation. Dive into the world of enchanting mermaid makeup, unveiling a step-by-step guide to help you achieve the fantasy look you’ve always dreamt of. Unleash your inner mermaid and add a touch of magic to your beauty routine.
- Get your face prepared first. Cleanse and wash with a mild cleanser and fresh cold water. Apply a toner if needed, and then apply a thick layer of moisturizer to keep the skin soft, smooth, and supple.
- Start with the bare face makeup. Apply a good primer that will make your makeup application much more straightforward. You may also try a BB or CC cream or a suitable foundation in one or two shades lighter than your original skin tone. Also, ensure you conceal your spots and blemishes with a perfect concealer.
Also Read – How To Bake Your Makeup: The Detailed Guide
Create The ‘Scales’
- You will need a ‘fishnet’ mask to create beautiful ‘mermaid scales.’ It can be a stocking, pantyhose, mesh weaving, or wig cap. Please find the most suitable alternative for yourself and place it over your face.
- Get a makeup sponge and a teal / sea-blue colored cream eyeshadow, and create the ‘scales’ over your mask. Pick some shadow with the sponge and dab it onto your forehead, temple area, and the top of your cheekbones. You may also use your fingertips for this purpose.
- Blend in the shadow to some extent with the help of a brush. Also, create an ombre effect by using the makeup sponge. The shade should go lighter towards the center of the face.
- Take another cream eyeshadow in light green and apply it right below the sections you have painted with blue. Blend it in as you go towards the center of your face.
- It is time to highlight your ‘scales.’ So, lightly tap a silver-colored cream eyeshadow onto the tip of your index finger on the top of the highest points of your face.
- Remove the fishnet mask, and your ‘mermaid scales’ are ready!
Create ‘Mermaid Eyes’
- Take some sea-blue cream eye shadow on a brush and apply it all over your eyelids. Blend it nicely to create a smooth, even effect.
- Extend the shape of your eyes at the external corners for a more dramatic look. Do not forget to blend the shadow out the top edges of your eyes. Take the help of a scotch tape to ensure a neat, clean, and perfect application.
- Find an excellent metallic eyeliner in teal or aqua blue shade and line your bottom lash lines with it. While drawing the lines, elongate them carefully past the outer corners of your eyes.
- Add another eyeliner pencil in a different shade, such as turquoise or mint green, to your waterlines. These lines should be drawn past the outer corners of the eyes right below the teal / blue lines.
- Once the eyeliners become completely dry, give your eyes a shimmery effect. Dip the tip of your index finger in a glitter adhesive and a pot of deep blue glitter flecks, respectively, and press onto the eyelids.
- Add a touch of sparkling silver to your eyes by applying a silver-colored glitter eyeliner along your upper lash lines.
- Curl up your eyelashes or apply a pair of beautiful falsies. Adding some feather accents to the external edges of the eyes will also do.
- Add thick coats of volumizing mascara to your upper and lower lashes to pump them up.
- To finish off, apply a glitter primer to your eyebrow hairs and sprinkle some loose silver-colored glitter over them.
Create ‘Mermaid Lips’
- The teal eyeliner pencil you use for lining your eyes will also help line your lips. Follow the natural shape and outline your lips accordingly.
- Take a small piece of sponge and create an ombre effect so that the shade becomes lighter towards the center of your lips.
- Now, take the mint-green eyeliner pencil and fill the space you left blank at the center of your lips.
- With the help of the silver-colored glitter eyeliner, highlight your cupid’s bow carefully.
- Finally, add a touch of sparkle to your lips by pressing some silver glitter dots to the center of the lower lips, and voila!
Tips To Perfect Your Mermaid Makeup
Some more valuable tips to help you make your effort flawless:
- Make sure all your makeup products are smudge-proof or waterproof, even though it is a ‘mermaid’ look!
- Choose bright aqua colors that will be contrasting enough. You may also add a dash of pink or purple to your eyebrows, eyelids, and lips.
- For added oomph, apply some silver glitter underneath your eyes, focusing on the outer edges.
Indulge your mermaid fantasies with captivating mermaid makeup using a step-by-step guide. Begin with a fresh face, applying primer and concealer. Create mesmerizing ‘scales’ using a fishnet mask and teal and green cream eyeshadows—craft ‘mermaid eyes’ with sea-blue shadow, metallic eyeliners, and glitter for a shimmery effect. Enhance the look with curled lashes and feather accents. For ‘mermaid’s lips,’ outline with teal eyeliner, create an ombre effect and add glitter accents. Opt for smudge-proof products, vibrant aqua colors, and silver glitter for extra allure.