Aware that the expensive cosmetics applied to our faces often harbor harmful chemical compounds, resulting in issues like rashes, allergies, and even severe diseases like skin cancer, we still struggle to find viable alternatives. Here’s a solution, ladies: quickly, inexpensively, and effectively craft some of your makeup items, such as foundation, concealer, and highlighter, at home using all-natural ingredients. Below, you’ll find three DIY recipes for creating these cosmetics, safeguarding your skin’s health.
DIY – Easy And Natural Foundation Recipe
The foundation is the base of all makeup. If you can prepare your skin correctly by smoothing out the tone, you’ll look flawless. Here is the recipe for a homemade all-natural foundation that you can try yourself quickly:
- Arrowroot powder (it is very white, so use it in moderation)
- Bentonite clay (or any other clay of your choice)
- Cocoa powder (quite readily available and will give your foundation a ‘delicious’ fragrance)
- Cinnamon powder (make sure that your skin is not sensitive to cinnamon before using)
- Nutmeg powder (if you want the darkest shade, this is a great choice)
- Ginger powder (grate some ginger and dry it out under the sun)
- Vitamin E oil (the content of a vitamin E capsule will also do)
- Lavender essential oil (or any other essential oil of your choice)
- Prepare an aromatic and moisturizing base by mixing vitamin E and lavender essential oil with arrowroot powder. Whisk well to make the mixture smooth and even.
- Add cocoa powder, bentonite clay, nutmeg powder, cinnamon powder, and ginger powder. Start with tiny amounts and increase gradually to find the perfect shade for your skin complexion.
DIY – Easy And Natural Concealer Recipe
From covering spots and blemishes to hiding ugly under-eye circles, a concealer plays a massive role in facial makeup. But are you preparing a natural concealer at home? Yes, it is easy. The recipe is almost similar to the previous one. However, you need to adjust the amounts of the ingredients used for coverage as required. Check out the recipe below:
- Shea butter (cocoa butter can also be used)
- Aloe vera gel
- Argan oil (jojoba oil can also be used)
- Emulsifying wax (should be vegetable-based)
- Witch hazel
- Kaolin clay (bentonite clay or earth clay will also work)
- Cocoa powder
- Non-nano zinc oxide (should be the uncoated one)
- Put the Shea butter in a double boiler and melt completely.
- Add emulsifying wax and argan oil to it. Blend well for a couple of minutes.
- Pour aloe vera gel into this mixture. Also, add witch hazel to it and whisk until a uniform liquid is formed. This will work as the base lotion for your natural concealer.
- Cool it down and add non-nano zinc oxide and kaolin clay for coverage.
- Put a little amount of cocoa powder into this and mix it up.
- Adjust the quantities of the color and coverage options depending on your skin tone and preference.
DIY – Easy And Natural Highlighter Recipe
Highlighter is a makeup item that creates fantastic effects with only a tiny amount. So, spending a hundred bucks to buy a tube or pot of highlighter is undoubtedly not a wise idea. We give you an easy, natural recipe for making highlighters at home:
- Shea butter
- Argan oil
- Emulsifying wax (again, go for the vegetable-based one)
- Aloe vera gel
- Golden / champagne-colored eyeshadow (use the powder version)
- Like the previous method, melt the Shea butter entirely in a double boiler.
- Add argan oil and emulsifying wax to blend well to form a smooth mixture.
- Add aloe vera gel and whisk well to develop a base for your natural highlighter.
- Cool down the mixture and pour it into a small container.
- Add a pinch of golden or champagne-colored eye shadow and blend nicely.
- Pour a little rosewater into it and mix it up.
- Adjust the quantity of the eyeshadow to get your desired effect, and come up with an easy and natural cream highlighter at home.
Some More Tips And Tricks:
Here are some more exciting tips and tricks for all those DIY people who loved the above recipes. Learn and enjoy:
- Try to use as many organic ingredients as possible while making natural cosmetics at home. It will ensure that your skin gets the best possible treatment.
- Ensure you use arrowroot powder carefully while preparing the foundation at home. The quantities for light and dark complexions should be one tablespoon and one teaspoon.
- While making highlighter at home with natural products, you can use the all-natural foundation and concealer as the base lotion instead of creating a new one.