We all know that the pricey cosmetics we use on our face are full of harmful chemical compounds. They cause rashes, allergies, serious infections and sometimes even fatal diseases like skin cancer. But we still keep using them as we find no feasible alternatives to those makeup products. Well ladies, you can make at least some of your makeup items like foundation, concealer and highlighter at home with all natural ingredients and save the health of your skin in a super easy, cheap and effective way. Following are 3 DIY recipes for foundation, concealer and highlighter:
DIY – Easy And Natural Foundation Recipe
Foundation is the base of all makeup. If you can prepare your skin the right way by smoothing out the tone, you’ll definitely look flawless. Here is the recipe of a homemade all-natural foundation that you can try yourself easily:
- Arrowroot powder (it is very white in color, so use it in moderation)
- Bentonite clay (or any other clay of your choice)
- Cocoa powder (quite easily available and will give your foundation a ‘delicious’ fragrance)
- Cinnamon powder (make sure that your skin is not sensitive to cinnamon before using)
- Nutmeg powder (if you want the darkest shade, this is a great choice)
- Ginger powder (grate some ginger and dry it out under the sun)
- Vitamin E oil (the content of a vitamin E capsule will also do)
- Lavender essential oil (or any other essential oil of your choice)
- Prepare an aromatic and moisturizing base by mixing vitamin E oil and lavender essential oil with arrowroot powder. Whisk well to make the mixture smooth and even.
- Add cocoa powder, bentonite clay, nutmeg powder, cinnamon powder, and ginger powder to this mixture. Start with very little amounts and increase gradually to find the perfect shade for your skin complexion.
Also Read – Get Flawless Finish Skin with DIY Homemade Foundation Here
DIY – Easy And Natural Concealer Recipe
From covering spots and blemishes to hiding ugly under eye circles, a concealer plays a huge role in facial makeup. But preparing a natural concealer at home? Yes, it is easy and simple. The recipe is almost similar to the previous one. However, you need to adjust the amounts of the ingredients used for coverage as per your requirement. Check out the recipe below:
- Shea butter (cocoa butter can also be used)
- Aloe vera gel
- Argan oil (jojoba oil can also be used)
- Emulsifying wax (should be vegetable-based)
- Witch hazel
- Kaolin clay (bentonite clay or earth clay will also work)
- Cocoa powder
- Non-nano zinc oxide (should be the uncoated one)
- Put the Shea butter in a double boiler and melt completely.
- Add emulsifying wax and argan oil to it. Blend well for a couple of minutes.
- Pour aloe vera gel into this mixture. Also, add witch hazel to it and whisk until a uniform liquid is formed. This will work as the base lotion for your natural concealer.
- Cool it down and add non-nano zinc oxide as well as kaolin clay for coverage.
- Put a little amount of cocoa powder to this and mix up.
- Adjust the quantities of the color and coverage options depending upon your skin tone and preference.
Also Read – Best Makeup Concealers in India – Top 7 Picks Here
DIY – Easy And Natural Highlighter Recipe
Highlighter is one of those makeup items, which create awesome effects with only a little amount. So, spending hundred bucks in buying a tube or pot of highlighter is certainly not a wise idea. We give you an easy natural recipe for making highlighter at home:
- Shea butter
- Argan oil
- Emulsifying wax (again go for the vegetable-based one)
- Aloe vera gel
- Golden / champagne colored eye-shadow (use the powder version)
- Just like the previous method, melt the Shea butter completely in a double boiler.
- Add argan oil and emulsifying wax to it and blend well to form a smooth mixture.
- Add aloe vera gel to and whisk well to come up with a base for your natural highlighter.
- Cool down the mixture and pour it into a small container.
- Add a pinch of golden or champagne colored eye shadow to it and blend nicely.
- Pour a little rosewater into it and mix up.
- Adjust the quantity of the eyeshadow to get your desired effect and come up with the easy and natural cream highlighter at home.
Also Read – Best 7 Highlighters Available In India Here
Some More Tips And Tricks:
For all those DIY-people who loved the above given recipes, here are some more interesting tips and tricks for you. Learn and enjoy:
- Try to use as many organic ingredients as possible, while making natural cosmetics at home. It will ensure that your skin gets the best possible treatment.
- Make sure that you use arrowroot powder carefully, while preparing foundation at home. For light and dark complexions, the quantities should be one tablespoon and one teaspoon accordingly.
- While making highlighter at home with natural products, you can also use the all-natural foundation and concealer as the base lotion instead of creating a new one.
So, when are you trying these easy and natural recipes at home?