When it comes to pampering the face, nothing can be more effective than a good facial mask. It benefits the facial skin immensely by cleansing, exfoliating, hydrating, soothing, and toning. Thermoherb mask is just one of those highly effective facial masks that beautify the skin, no matter how dry, oily, or mature it is. Though it has recently become a buzzword in the beauty world, it mostly having traces from the pages of history. In this article, let us talk about the well-kept secret of ancient women, which helped them keep their youthful aura intact for years.
Different Types of Facial Masks
Before digging into thermoherb mask, we will have a quick look at various types of masks available for our delicate facial skin. According to beauty therapist Helen McGuinness, they can be categorized into the following way:
- Clay Masks: Enriched with natural clay substances, these masks absorb excess oil from normal to oily skin without drying it out. They are ideal for deep cleansing, nourishing, and tightening the skin.
- Peel-Off Masks: These gel-like masks formulated with botanical extracts peeled off the skin upon drying. They improve blood flow in dry and mature skin while exfoliating, firming, and toning it efficiently.
- Thermal Masks: When applied to the skin, these masks heat up gradually to make the surface tissue warm and allow the skin to breathe. They unclog pores, rejuvenate the skin, and leave it refreshed.
- Cream Masks: If you have dry to very dry skin, these intensive masks can moisturize and revitalize it thoroughly. They have strong emollient properties, which help in making the skin soft, smooth, and supple.
- Warm-Oil Masks: Spas offer warm-oil mask treatments for dry and mature skin as they can hydrate as well as nourish the skin deeply. Typically, olive oil, almond oil, or vitamin oil is used for this purpose.
- Natural Masks: As the name suggests, these masks comprise all-natural ingredients like plants, fruits, and herbs for enhancing the overall health and appearance of the skin. They are perfect for treating normal to dry skin.
What is Thermoherb Mask?
Our female predecessors used a magical warming mixture of natural ingredients to keep all the signs of aging away. Today’s beauty experts have revived that ancient age-defying thermal mask with new advanced techniques and herbal extracts in order to come up with an improved and effective formulation under the name of ‘Thermoherb Mask’. A thermoherb mask is basically a specialized thermal mask, which is used as a rejuvenating as well as an anti-aging facial treatment. Enriched with concentrated extracts of wild plants and herbs, this mask revitalizes the skin, diminishes fine wrinkles, and provides a radiant glow. As a result, the skin turns tighter and porcelained. (1)
Thermoherb mask is considered as a mini-facelift. It is offered as complete facial treatment at salons and spas.
Read Also – Oatmeal Mask is Your Answer to Acne
How Does Thermoherb Mask Work?
Nowadays. thermoherb masks have become a game changer in the professional beauty world. If you visit a salon or spa for this treatment, you will have lots of options to choose from in terms of the ingredients of the mask. It usually is a self-heating mixture of calcium salt and some specific natural herbs. But whatever the compositions are, the working method of every thermoherb mask is the same. When applied to the skin, it generates some heat between itself and the skin surface. Once it reaches the ideal temperature, the effect of thermal conductivity gets increased, which facilitates the instant entry of the nutrients in the skin cells. This saturates the deeper layer of the skin with vitamins and minerals, thereby making it invigorated, wrinkle-free, and glowing. At last, the mask hardens and comes off in one piece.
Each thermoherb mask comes with unique composition. Some common herbs used in thermoherb masks are chamomile, rattle, peppermint, witch hazel, sage, sage crust, juniper berry, thyme, horsetail, lime, basil, marshmallow, rosewood, etc.
How Does This Mask Benefit the Skin?
So, are you ready to know how the thermoherb mask can benefit your skin? Check out the long list here:
- Works as a truly cost-effective anti-aging treatment
- Offers a mini facelift, which is way better than a surgical facelift
- Cleanses and tightens skin pores to give a toned look
- Eliminates dead cells from the surface of the skin
- Reveals a fresher and younger-looking layer of skin
- Gives a beautiful natural radiance
- Nourishes the skin cells deeply
- Hydrates and softens dry and dull skin
- Relaxes and soothes the skin
- Makes the texture of the skin smooth and even
- Provides protection against infections
- Restores the elasticity of wrinkled skin
- Minimizes signs of aging
- Improve blood circulation in the skin
- Promotes cell respiration and allows the skin to breathe
- Activates the metabolic process of the skin
- Enhances skin health through detoxification
- Stimulates cell regeneration for rejuvenating the skin
- Prevents skin damage from environmental factors
- All-natural active ingredients with demonstrated effectiveness
- Absolutely safe treatment with zero side effects
- Heals and revives all types of skin
- Suits sensitive skin perfectly
- Extremely easy to apply
How to Make Thermoherb Mask at Home?
Though you can always get a thermoherb treatment at a high-end salon, it is always good to go for your own homemade version. Here is the recipe for you (2):
- Rice flour – 1 cup
- Oatmeal – 1 cup
- Ground almonds – 1 cup
- Plain yogurt – 3 to 4 tablespoons
- Warm honey – 3 tablespoons
- Essential oil (of your choice) – 2 to 4 drops
Method of Preparation:
- Prepare the base of the mask by combining rice flour, oatmeal, and ground almonds together and running the mixture through a blender. It should get a finer and smoother consistency.
- Add yogurt to this mixture and blend nicely to come up with a lump-free paste.
- Now, add the essential oil of your choice to it and give a quick mix.
- Finally, pour honey into the paste and stir well to form your own variation of thermoherb mask.
Method of Application:
You should always apply the mask immediately after preparing. Leave it on the skin for at least half an hour. Then, rinse it off with lukewarm water and wipe away the residue by using a clean soft washcloth. Wash your face once again but use cold water this time. At last, apply your go-to moisturizer.
A Few Points to Remember
So, if you are ready to give thermoherb mask a try, do not forget to keep the following points in mind:
- It is best suited for women in and above the late twenties. Hence, if you are younger with no significant skin issues, you may not notice visible results.
- The mask fetches the best outcomes only after regular application. Make sure that you apply it frequently to make the most of its benefits.
- Stay alert while heating up honey for this mask. It should not be too hot to cause burns on your face.
Thermoherb mask is a specialized skin rejuvenation and anti-aging treatment, which is very commonly offered at spas and salons. It is the modernized version of ancient thermal mask, which makes use of thermal conductivity for saturating the deeper layer of the skin with essential nutrients. Thermoherb mask provides the skin with tons of benefits while making it refreshed, youthful, and radiant. It can be prepared at home easily to enjoy the results of the treatment in a cost-effective way.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Does Thermoherb Mask Have Any Side Effects?
Being made of all-natural skin-friendly ingredients, thermoherb masks are completely safe to use. However, make sure that you use it is the right way by following all the instructions religiously. Otherwise, it may damage skin with certain issues like acne, inflammation, sensitivity, etc.
How to Prepare the Face for Thermoherb Treatment?
Before applying the thermoherb mask, clean your face properly with a gentle yet effective cleanser and tone it up with a good-quality toner. This practice will increase the efficiency of the mask to a great extent.
Should I Take a Bath Before Applying Thermoherb Mask?
Applying the thermoherb mask right after taking a steam bath or a hot compress will also enhance its efficiency significantly.
- “Skin Rejuvenation“, Shahnaz Husain’s Beauty Book
- “How to Make a Thermoherb Mask at Home“, OurEverydayLife.com