To eliminate the signs of aging, the latest, as well as promising treatment, has been introduced in dermatology, and it is known as Active FX. In laser resurfacing, the gold standard is known as Active FX. It is better known as a micro-fractional carbon dioxide laser procedure because, like a fractional laser, it is unique and treats only a percentage of the entire skin surface. It is used to improve the appearance of wrinkles, dark spots, fine lines, scars, and other irregularities on the face, chest, and neck.
What is Active FX used to treat?
It is used to treat fine lines and wrinkles along with pigmentation. The fine lines present under the eyes and around the lips are treated mainly by Active FX. This treatment also reduces pore size. (1) (2)
Read Also – Acne Surgery – Keep Your Skin Breakout Free
Who can go through the treatment?
- Teenagers and people till the age of 90 are the perfect candidates.
- Teenagers with breakouts and scars caused by acne.
- Individuals with visible signs of aging include wrinkles, loose skin, acne scars, creases, and dark-pigmented areas.
- People with a busy lifestyle want a laser skin resurfacing treatment that takes very little time.
Why choose Active FX treatment?
- It is a well-known treatment.
- It can be used to treat more superficially as and when required during pigmentation issues.
- This superficial treatment is of less risk and is suitable for darker complexion.
- Clinical benefits last for a significant time after the treatment.
Benefits of the treatment
- It is a safe treatment and will produce a natural result.
- It will help people who are aging look great.
- The treatment can be conducted within half an hour. Hence, it is a quick procedure.
- It will provide you with excellent results within a short period.
- It involves no cutting or needles; hence, no bruises also appear.
- Due to the stimulation by the laser, collagen production occurs.
- This produced collagen continues its build-up process under the surface of the skin.
- Hence, the skin appears to be firmer, tighter, and smoother.
- Pore size, fine lines, and wrinkles will be reduced.
- Since the fractional laser treats only some portion of the skin, that area heals faster, and the complications are reduced.
Precautions to be taken before the treatment
- You should avoid getting tanned and reduce sun exposure for three weeks before the treatment begins.
- You should apply sunscreen of at least SPF 30 or above daily
- Patients with hyperpigmentation should inform the doctor about this.
- Some medicines can be used to help minimize the swelling and the healing time.
- If you are wearing a contact lens, you should remove it before the treatment.
The procedure of Active FX treatment
The procedure begins with the physician’s application of a numbing topical cream. After a 30-minute interval, the surgeon directs a high-energy laser beam onto the skin’s surface, interacting with its layers. The laser delicately removes the top skin layer, revealing a fresh, healthy layer underneath. This corrects discoloration, fills creases, and reduces imperfections. Additionally, laser stimulation promotes collagen production, resulting in skin tightening. After completion, the skin appears smooth, fresh, and healthy.
What happens immediately after the treatment?
- The people who go through Active FX treatment can expect 3-5 days of peeling, swelling, and crusting that can be mild or moderate.
- The swelling usually occurs in the face and eyes.
- Itching is widespread and is primarily mild to intense.
- The itching usually stays for some days.
- After this, 1-2 weeks of redness will occur.
- Oozing is very common.
- Yellowish drips appear on the skin.
- The cleansing process is a little bit uncomfortable during the first two days.
- The skin appears to be very tender when you touch it. So it would be best to be careful and gentle with your skin.
How does the healing take place?
It generally varies from one individual to another. But one can expect the face to heal within 5-6 days, the neck within 7-10 days, and the chest within 10-14 days after the treatment. Once the skin heals, the appearance of dots all over the skin is widespread. When the skin begins to peel off, you should not pull, scrap, or peel it. It would be best if you let the skin flake off.
Precautions to be taken after the treatment
- On the first night, you should sleep on your back with your head slightly raised.
- You should place a towel on the pillow if any ointment is applied.
- Try to avoid dust, dirt, and exposure to the sun during the healing process.
- If you feel any discomfort, you should use vinegar soaks.
- It would be best if you tried to stay indoors
- Wash your face twice daily with a gentle cleanser and water.
- Apply ointment after washing your face or whenever required. Reapply as necessary.
- Stay hydrated.
- If itching begins after two days of the treatment, avoid scratching or pricking the area that has been treated.
- Start with a regular skincare routine after the treated area has healed.
Cost of the treatment
It depends on the size and severity of the area that should be treated. So anyone who will have an Active treatment on the face should expect to pay something between $1200 and $3000. But if you opt for neck and chest treatment, then the price can be more than this.
Results of the treatment
By using Active FX treatment, results will appear in one week. The skin will look youthful and will be healed well. Skin improvement continues for many months after the treatment is completed. After six months, the treatment can be repeated. However, most people who undergo this treatment are usually satisfied with the first procedure’s results.
- People who go through this treatment experience a little discomfort after the treatment is over.
- The treated skin will appear to be dry and pink in color.
- But within one week, the damaged layers of the skin on the top will peel off.
- Within a few days, new skin will replace the damaged ones.
- The skin will also be back to its standard color.
- Smoother and tighter facial skin, along with contours, will appear.
- The eyelid skin will also become tighter as well as more lifted.
- If the neck area is treated, it will be wrinkle-free and appear smoother and tighter.
- The vertical lip lines will also be softened.
So, if you are after smoother and younger-looking skin, you should opt for Active FX treatment. With one treatment, your skin will look more lively and bright. However, it will require well-dedicated care and proper home maintenance after the treatment.
Active FX is a revolutionary dermatological treatment addressing signs of aging, effectively treating wrinkles, dark spots, and scars on the face, chest, and neck. It utilizes a micro-fractional carbon dioxide laser, treating only a portion of the skin. Ideal for candidates aged teens to 90, it delivers natural results, reduces pore size, and tightens skin. The procedure, lasting half an hour, involves minimal discomfort and no cutting or needles, resulting in smoother, tighter skin. Precautions and aftercare ensure optimal results, with effects lasting months. The cost varies based on the treated area’s size and severity.