A perfectly sculpted body, void of any complications, is the body’s goal? One need that women universally have in common is the desire for a toned, sexy and attractive body. To achieve this, different measures have proven to be efficient and can be adopted depending on factors such as age, available resources, and your zest level for a perfectly sculpted body.
Some proven effective measures include
- Cosmetic surgery
- Non-invasive procedures such as the Zerona Laser Treatment
What is Zerona Laser Treatment?
Zerona laser treatment is a completely non-invasive body slimming therapy in which the Zerona (a laser-powered device) is used to eliminate excess fat from the body. The FDA (United States Food and Drug Administration) approved full-body fat loss treatment (1) – a treatment used to target and shrink stubborn fat.
This treatment was developed by the United States-based laser manufacturer- Erchonia and is the first body slimming aesthetic device and laser-powered body contouring technology. It is preferred by many because of its efficacy compared to diet and exercise. Moreover, there are no significant side effects compared to other weight loss procedures.
Zerona laser treatment works by emitting low-energy level laser beams that disintegrate the walls of adipocytes (fat cells) in any part of the body it is administered. It is extensively applicable around the tummy, buttocks, waist, thighs, hips, and neck (2).
Mistakes To Avoid For a Perfectly Sculpted Body
A study published by the national organization for women revealed that 59 percent of women worldwide are not comfortable with their body size (3). Therefore, to achieve the feat of a perfectly sculpted body, you must steer away from certain practices that could be inimical to the goal (4). Some of these practices include:
1. Poor Eating Habits: These habits include overfeeding, not eating enough, or eating at the wrong time.
2. Insufficient Water and Fluid Consumption: The health benefits of balanced hydration cannot be over-emphasized. However, some of us are less intentional about fluid consumption. This may be the beginning of failure in the effort to achieve a perfect body. Experts advise that we drink a minimum of 2.7-4 liters of water daily (5).
3. Lack of Exercise and Other Physical Activities.
4. Inconsistency and Lack of Motivation.
Ideal Candidate for the Procedure?
You may be an ideal candidate for a Zerona Laser Treatment if
- You are mentally and physically healthy.
- You desire to get rid of stubborn fats and maintain a stable body weight.
- You do not have liver, kidney, lymphatic, or cardiovascular diseases.
- You are not pregnant or breastfeeding a baby (6).
Also, you may need further examination by your doctor to check through your medical history before carrying out the procedure.
What to Expect – Before and After the Procedure
The Zerona Laser Treatment is a non-invasive one. However, some standards procedures are carried out to ensure the success of the treatment. They include:
- A preparatory test to ascertain your physical and mental health as the procedure may have adverse effects if you have underlying ailments.
- You may be required to quit smoking & drinking.
- You may be required to avoid sodium-dense and spicy foods some weeks before the treatment.
- You may be required to drink at least eight cups of water daily for two weeks before and after the treatment.
- Exercising for 2.5 hours or more a week is also advised during this period.
- This procedure is carried out with such ease that you may resume all activities immediately after a session.
Zerona Laser Treatment Procedure
Unlike a surgical fat-removing procedure like liposuction, the skin remains unpierced during a Zerona Laser Treatment.
The treatment is divided into sessions of 40 minutes each.
- Each session starts after you have been settled comfortably on a table in a dark treatment room.
- After this, low-level laser energy (cold laser treatment) is applied to the target areas of your body through a six-laser conduit.
- A session is divided into two parts of 20 minutes each on the back and later in front.
- The two-sided (front and back) process ensures that the unwanted fat cells under the skin in those areas are attacked until it liquefies.
- Within this period, temporary pores form on the fat cell membrane.
- The liquefied fat goes out from these temporary pores to the interstitial space (a fluid compartment), where the lymphatic system absorbs and collapses them.
- This procedure is usually repeated six times within two weeks and may be carried out while you read, sleep, or do any of such things you may want to do.
- Because of its painless nature, anesthesia is not required.
- The result of the Zerona laser treatment may be visible as early as after the second session, whereby you may start to experience a loose fit for your clothes.
- The result may be long-lasting when maintained adequately. Factors such as having a healthy diet and exercise routine are advised to prevent the stubborn fat from building up again on those parts of the body.
Cost of the Procedure?
A package plan that consists of six painless treatments performed by a doctor over two weeks costs $2000-3000 and is not covered by insurance.
Benefits of Zerona Laser Treatment
The advantages of using Zerona Laser Treatment over other slimming options are quite pronounced. They include
1. Zero Cellular Death:
For a convenient and rapidly effective procedure, it is impressive that fat cells, which are important for several body functions, are not killed to give you the perfect sculpted body you desire. Also, the zero cellular death accounts for the painless nature of the procedure.
2. Fast Results:
Diet, exercise, and a combination of the two have proved to be a viable way of ridding the body of fats. However, the Zerona Laser Treatment is a faster way to rid the body of stubborn fat, which diet and exercising would have little or no effect.
This treatment, unlike other slimming procedures, does not involve any surgical incision. As a result, no pain is felt during and after the procedure, anesthesia is not required, and there are no risks or side effects as it is non-invasive.
4. Safety of Surrounding Tissues:
While there are other laser-aided slimming treatments like warm sculpting (which may get some parts of your skin burned), Zerona uses low-level laser technology, which does not damage any surrounding tissue.
5. Fast Treatment:
The Zerona Laser Treatment is a fast procedure that takes 40 minutes per session. The rapid treatment time is a huge advantage over other slimming procedures as you could get treatment even on a busy day (7).
6. Zero Downtime:
With this treatment, you may carry on your normal daily activities immediately after. In addition, with the Zerona Laser Treatment, there is no recovery time or restrictive bandages required.
7. Zero Risks and Side Effects:
The Zerona Laser Treatment is considered a safe option to achieve that perfectly sculpted body dream you desire. The FDA first approved it in 2010, and to date, there haven’t been any recorded side effects.
The major challenge to achieving that perfectly sculpted body goal is fat, stored up in the wrong places. Getting rid of these fats has been an age-long pursuit. Diet and exercise have played an integral role in the endeavor of many to achieve a sculpted body. However, with technological advancement, other effective measures with which you may get a perfectly sculpted body have been invented. The Zerona Laser Treatment may be said to be the safest of these procedures.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is Zerona Laser Treatment effective?
Clinton Cal’s studies have shown that an average of 3.64 inches of fat could be lost after this treatment. So yes, it is effective.
How long does the result last?
The result of this treatment may last a lifetime if it is followed up by exercise and a meticulous diet. However, old habits may make you regain some fat as early as two weeks after treatment.
How soon after pregnancy can you have a Zerona Laser Treatment?
To have this procedure, you are advised to wait for a minimum of six weeks after childbirth. The treatment is not recommended for a breastfeeding mother.
How many Zerona treatment sessions do you have to take to see visible changes?
After the second session, some patients may notice visible results as their clothes may become loosely fitted. Irrespective of the amount of body fat a person has, the impact of the treatment would be evident after the sixth session.
Is Zerona Laser Treatment effective for long-term fat reduction?
Because of its non-cellular death nature, the fat cells may easily return after the procedure. Hence this procedure may be regarded as a less effective, long-lasting option. However, because the goal is to rid the body of stubborn fats which are immune to exercise and diet, a long-lasting fat reduction process may start with the procedure and continue with the other healthy lifestyle practices, which would easily result in a perfectly sculpted body.
How many sessions are required?
The Zerona laser treatment is usually performed up to six times to rid the body of fats. Nonetheless, patients who are close to their ideal weight may have as few as two sessions; conversely, a patient may be required to have 9-12 sessions depending on the need for it.
Does Zerona help with cellulite?
Unfortunately, no. Zerona Laser Treatment is applied to eliminate the excessive accumulation of fat at specifically targeted skin areas. Unfortunately, it does not firm up or tighten the skin, so it doesn’t help eliminate cellulite.
What is the difference between Zerona Laser Treatment and Cool Sculping?
Both procedures, though related, have some differences. First is their approach to fat cells. Cool sculpting kills and eliminates fat cells while Zerona shrinks them. Also, the latter’s impact could be felt immediately after the sessions while the other takes 1-3 months to take full effect.
Can you have more than six Zerona treatment sessions?
Yes, you may have more than six sessions. Although six is the number of treatments performed in the initial procedure, you may be required to undergo up to 3-6 more sessions.
What is the best non-invasive fat removal procedure?
According to its manufacturer and doctors, Zerona Laser Treatment is the best non-invasive fat removal procedure available.
How much does the treatment cost?
The cost for the treatment usually ranges between $2000-3000. However, you may also get it done for $1700; this will be dependent on various factors.
- “Zerona Body Slimming Laser: Can It Improve Your Trouble Spots?” – yourplasticsurgeryguide.com
- “What is Zerona?” – myzerona.com
- “Get The Facts” – now.org
- “10 Mistakes Women Are Making In Their Health & Fitness” – medium.com
- “Nutrition and healthy eating” – mayoclinic.org
- “Zerona” – aedit.com
- “Fat Removal: Experience the Zerona Laser Advantage” – slimedica.com