- Health Benefits of the Mangosteen Fruit (Kokum)
- Flax Seeds vs Chia Seeds – Which Seed wins the Nutrition Battle?
- Natural Home Remedies For Tinea Versicolor Infection
- Black Spots on the Teeth: Causes and Home Remedies
- Sclerotherapy to Treat Varicose and Spider Veins
- Easy Cellulite Treatments to Get Cellulite Free Skin
Faces Lip Pencil Sand Review
I am a lip-balm person but after entering the makeup-world I’ve started trying out new lip products. I don’t like obvious colors on my lips so I always stick to nude and brown lips shades. I always wanted to purchase faces lip pencil and when I saw them in my nearby store I bought it without thinking twice. The shade I’ll be reviewing is “sand”. Read on to know more about the lip pencil.
Price: Rs. 299
Product Description: Faces Lip Pencil will enhance or correct your natural lip line and prevent lipstick or gloss from bleeding or feathering. It glides on effortlessly without any smudging or pulling. This lip pencil is highly pigmented and gives you good color in just one stroke.
- Creamy texture
- It is long-lasting
- Suitable for all skin tones
My Take on Faces Lip Pencil-Sand:
Faces lip liner comes in a wooden pencil form and the cap is tightly packaged. The packaging is hygienic and travel friendly. The length of the lip pencil is neither too long nor too shorts, it’s just perfect. The end of the lip pencil is of the same shade as the pencil hence it’s easy to locate.
The shade “sand” is a beautiful soft brown shade with hints of pink in it. The shade is a perfect MLBB (my lips but better) shade on my skin tone. This particular shade is going to suit all skin tones perfectly and if you have medium skin tone it is going to look true nude lip shade.
The texture of the lip pencil is creamy smooth and it glides evenly on my lips without tugging or pulling. The texture is creamy but not moisturizing so applying a lip balm underneath is a must. When applied as a lip color it looks a bit drying but not as drying as most lip liners. It doesn’t smudge and blends easily with fingers or lip brush. It feels comfortable and lightweight. The lip pencil is highly pigmented and one swipe covers my pigmented lips really well.
The lip pencil doesn’t contain any shimmers and after application it gives a matte finish which looks completely natural. When used as a lip color it last for 3 hours on my lips with light meals in between. And when used a lip-liner with similar lip shades it increases the staying power by 2-3 hours. It also prevents lipsticks from bleeding and feathering. Usually I apply this lip pencil and then top it up with a clear gloss; it looks completely natural on me. All in all, I am in love with the texture and the shade. I highly recommend it to everyone.
Pros of Faces Lip Pencil-Sand:
- I love the pencil-packaging
- Sharpens well without breaking
- Gorgeous soft brown color with hints of pink in it
- Perfect MLBB (my lips but better) shade for medium skin tone
- Gives a matte finish
- End of pencil indicates the shade
- Creamy smooth texture that glides effortlessly
- Doesn’t bleed
- Is not as drying as most lip liners
- Goes well with nude, mauve and brown lippies
- Highly pigmented
- Covers pigmented lips
- Stays for 2-3 hours with light meals in between
Cons of Faces Lip Pencil-Sand:
- Staying power could have been better
- Huge list of ingredients
Final Verdict: Faces lip pencil in sand will work really well with brown, mauve and nude lipsticks. The shade is a soft brown shade with pinkish tone which looks MLBB shade when worn as a lip color. The lip pencil stays for good 3 hours and the texture is not very dry like other lip liners. In all it is a great base for lipsticks and can also be worn on its own as it creamy and matte.
Latest posts by Mansi Chauhan (see all)
- Maybelline Clear Glow BB Cream Review - January 14, 2014
- Coloressence Pre Make Up Base Review - January 14, 2014
- Maybelline Color Tattoo Eyeshadow-Pomegranate Punk Review - January 14, 2014