A pair of dry, chapped and scaly lips is an absolute turn off. Don’t you think so? But, it has been found that peeling lips is one of the most common beauty issues, especially among women. So, how to get rid of it? Let us show you the right way. Just check out the following 15 tips to fight off the problem:
Try Natural Home Remedies
- Honey – Massage your lips with raw honey every day. It will hold on to their natural oils and restore their natural moisture, thereby giving you softer and smoother lips.
- Aloe Vera – Extract the gel from an aloe vera leaf and apply it onto your lips. Being a natural moisturizer, it will brace the thin oil layer shielding the lips and keep them well-hydrated.
- Olive Oil – When it comes to moisturizing dry peeling lips, the use of olive oil can’t be ignored. All you need to do is to rub this nourishing oil on your lips gently. You can also mix it with water and drink the mixture for lubricating your body from inside.
- Cucumber – Scaly lips can also be treated with cucumber. For external use, rub a sliced cucumber or apply its juice onto your lips with the help of a cotton ball. For internal use, increase your intake of the fresh fruit and get relief from dry lips.
- Coconut Oil – Another highly effective home remedy for chapped lips is cold compressed coconut oil. Coat your lip twice every day with it and make them remarkably soft within a month.
- Castor Oil – Apply castor oil thoroughly whenever your lips feel dry, chapped and scaly. It is filled with vital nutrients, which will make your pout look soft, supple and healthy.
- Flax Seed Oil – Flax seed oil is rich in fatty acids, which can make your rough, dry lips appear full and plump. Make sure that you give your lips a decent massage with this oil every day and get rid of scaly lips easily.
8. Exfoliate with a Toothbrush
Removing the outer layer of dead skin cells will help you regain your pair of delicate lips fast. For this, you have to coat the lips with petroleum jelly and exfoliate with a soft-bristle toothbrush by massaging them in a circular motion. You will get soft, beautiful lips in no time.
Also Read – Get Soft Lips with Homemade Lip Scrubs Here
9. Keep Yourself Hydrated
A pair of dry, scaly lips actually refers to a dehydrated body. So, drink at least 8 glasses of water daily in order to stay hydrated and keep chapped lips at bay.
10. Live On a Healthy Diet
Ensure the intake of a well-balanced diet. If your meals are rich in antioxidants, vitamin E, zinc, riboflavin, and other vital nutrients, the protective layer of your lips will remain intact, thereby preventing peeling lips.
11. Stop Licking Your Lips
Never ever lick your lips whenever they feel dry. The sodium present in your saliva will make them even drier, thereby making the situation worse eventually.
12. Pass Up Certain Beverages
Avoid beverages containing sodium, caffeine and sugar as they steal the natural moisture from your lips and make them absolutely dry and cracking.
13. Stay Away from Chap-Sticks
Chap-sticks are known to contain alcohol which, although moisten the lips initially, can exacerbate the situation in long-run. Hence, avoid using these.
Also Read – Lead in Lipstick – Are You Causing Damage to Yourself? Here
14. Pick Lip Products Wisely
Your lip products should come with proper moisturizing properties. Otherwise, the chemical compounds used in them will rip your lips off with moisture and nutrients.
15. Use Homemade Lip Balm
Finally, make your very own lip balm at home by using some natural ingredients like beeswax, honey, lavender oil, almond oil / jojoba oil, vitamin E and essential oils of your choice. It will enrich your lips with extra moisture and make them perfectly kissable.