Who doesn’t want long, dark, luscious eyelashes? But not all of us are genetically blessed, right? So, eyelash growth serum can be of your sure help. And guess what? You can make these at home yourself anytime easily. We have sorted three variations of the most common DIY eyelash growth serum recipe. Go for the one you find the easiest:
DIY – Eyelash Growth Serum Recipes
- Castor oil – 2 teaspoons
- Coconut oil – 1 teaspoon
- Vitamin E oil – 2 teaspoons (or the content of 4 capsules)
- Emu oil – 2 teaspoons
- Pour castor oil, coconut oil, emu oil and vitamin E oil into the bottle or tube or container of your choice.
- Shake well to mix up all the ingredients.
- Store it in cool, dry place.
Also Read – 7 False Eyelashes That You Can Try Here
- Castor oil – 2 tablespoons
- Aloe vera gel – 2 tablespoons
- Vitamin E oil – 4 tablespoons
- Pour castor oil into the container.
- Follow it by aloe vera gel and vitamin E oil.
- Give the container a nice shake to blend everything together.
- Store in a cool, dry place.
- Castor oil – 5 tablespoons
- Sweet almond oil – 1(1/2) tablespoons
- Vitamin E oil – 1(1/2) tablespoons
- Pour castor oil, sweet almond oil and vitamin E oil into the container one after another.
- Shake the container gently so that all the ingredients get well-blended.
- Store in a cool, dry place.
Also Read – Eyelash Extension – All The Dos and Don’ts You Must Know Here
A Few Helpful Tips…
- It is always best to prepare the eyelash growth serum into an old clean mascara tube as the brush comes really hand for the application. However, you can also pour the ingredients into a small dropper tube or a small regular tube and use a separate dropper along with it.
- Try to keep the tube or container air-tight. If stored appropriately, it can last up to a year. Also, ensure that does not get contaminated easily. Or else, you might end up having serious eye infections.
- Use of vitamin e oil is optional, but it actually nourishes the lashes and helps them grow. So, try not to skip it.
- It is believed that lavender essential oil can lengthen our eyelashes too. So if you wish, you can add 6-7 drops of it to your DIY eyelash growth serum.
- You may also tweak these DIY recipes yourself to come up with even more satisfactory results. But always do your own research earlier. Adding nourishing ingredients to it will never hurt your eyes or lashes.
Best Method Of Application
If you are using a dropper, squeeze out 1-2 drops onto a cotton swab or a Q-tip and apply along your lash lines gently. In case you are using an empty mascara tube, dip the spoolie brush or the mascara wand into the serum, wipe the excess amount off with a cotton swab and finally apply onto your lash lines. Make sure that you apply your homemade serum everyday on your clean eyelashes right before going to bed. It will give faster and better results when allowed to sit on the lashes for the whole night.
Also Read – How Do I Use Castor Oil for Eyelashes? Here
Benefits Of Using DIY Eyelash Growth Serum
All the ingredients used in these DIY recipes are loaded with fatty acids and other nutrients, which make eyelashes longer and fuller. Here are the detailed benefits of the serum ingredients:
- The main ingredient of any homemade eyelash growth serum is castor oil, which plays a key role in making eyelashes thicker. Being a natural source of vitamins (mainly vitamin E), proteins and especially omega-6 fatty acids, it can encourage dramatic hair growth and is able to make your eyelashes denser alone. Moreover, it is one of the most beneficial oils that our hair shafts can absorb easily. Hence, using it onto hair can make the strands nourished sufficiently.
- Vitamin E oil is another ingredient that makes these DIY serums ultra-nourishing. It basically provides nourishment to the eyelashes and helps them grow so that we get longer and denser lashes naturally.
- Like vitamin E oil, aloe vera gel also works the same way for our eyelashes. It hydrates the lash lines and provides nutrients to the roots of the lashes. As a result, they start to grow and we get beautiful natural lashes.
- The moisturizing and nourishing properties of sweet almond oil can speed up the growth of our eyelashes to a large extent.
- Emu oil is an optional ingredient and can be replaced with an added amount of castor oil. However, the oil is a ‘transdermal carrier’ that penetrates the shafts of the eyelashes easily to nourish and moisturize them effectively.
- These are all-natural serums, which can be used on eyelashes safely without the fear of developing any sort of allergies or infections.
- All the ingredients used in these recipes are easily available in the market.
- The ingredients of these serums are super inexpensive. Hence, you do not need to spend lots of money in buying synthetic eyelash growth serum to get effective results.
- The making procedures are very easy and simple. So, anyone can try these at home.
So, try any of these recipes today and get super long, thick and dark eyelashes, naturally!
Image Credit – Featured, 1, 2, 3