Flyaways are frustrating. No matter how much time and effort you invest in creating a beautiful hairdo, those annoying fuzzies can totally spoil it. There are tons of reasons for which we get flyaways and all of them typically lead to moisture loss from the shafts of the hair. If the natural moisture of the har can be locked in or more hydration can be provided to it externally, those flyaways can be tamed effortlessly. In this post, we are going to talk about 8 simple tips to control flyaway hair along with a host of natural home remedies to get rid of the issue completely. Check them out.
8 Ways To Control Flyaway Hair
1. Address The Root Cause
Dryness or lack of moisture in hair shafts is the biggest culprit in causing flyaways. So, treating it will help you fight against this issue quite efficiently. Include a gentle moisturizing shampoo and a good conditioner in your regular hair care routine depending on the nature of your hair. Using a hydrating hair mask once a week will also be highly effective.
Also Read – How To Make Your Hair look Thicker And Fuller Here
2. Reduce Heat Damage
No matter what the texture of your hair is, providing it utmost protection from heat damage is absolutely necessary. Whether you blow dry your locks or iron it as per your desire, make sure that you apply a good quality heat protectant onto it thoroughly. Or else, the heat emitted during the procedures will snatch away the natural oils of your hair and increase flyaways.
3. Use A Light-Weight Serum
When it comes to taming those thick and coarse flyaway hairs, nothing can be better than using a light-weight serum. Just touch up the baby hairs along your hairline with it and see how they become super-smooth instantly. It can also give you a fuzz-free hairdo with added shine.
4. Apply A Leave-In Conditioner
Girls with fine hair may find serum a ‘not-so-suitable’ option as it may turn their thin hair limp and flat completely. A leave-in conditioner can be the savior for them. It is recommended to spray such a conditioner over the flyaways in order to create a light mist.
Also Read – How To Scrunch Your Hair To Get Curls And Waves Here
5. Spritz An Extra-Hold Hairspray
Hairspray is another amazing product that can bring flyaways down immediately. You can spray it either directly over your hair or on a folded tissue for wiping the locks with that. You will get rid of fuzzies both ways. It has also been found that spraying hairspray on a makeup brush and running it all the way through the tresses can also smooth the pesky hairs back without making them sticky.
6. Choose A Clarifying Shampoo
Using more than a few products to control flyaway hair might result in a chemical build-up on your locks. It would affect the health of each of your hair strands, which would eventually increase flyaways. Hence, you need to keep a clarifying shampoo handy. Applying it once a month will help you solve the issue.
Also Read – Here Is Your Ultimate Guide To Using Henna For Damaged And Frizzy Hair Here
7. Use Anti-Static Laundry Sheet
As static electricity is one of the reasons behind flyaways, rubbing your hair with a fragrance-free anti-static laundry sheet will also give you a good result. These fabric softener sheets can provide a fast solution to your problem by decreasing surface friction effectively.
8. Change Your Style Of Blowdrying
Maybe you are not aware of the fact, but your act of blowdrying can make your superfine baby hairs pop up every now and then. If you pull away your hair strands to dry them up fast, you are doing it wrong. Modify your practice by moving the dryer along the curvature of your forehead as you go and you are done.
Home Remedies To Control Flyaway Hair
Apart from these easy tricks, there are more than a few natural home remedies to tame your flyaways. Check out the details:
Also Read – How To Detangle Dry Hair Here
- Scoop the fresh gel out of an aloe vera leaf and apply it all over your fuzzies focusing on the end of your hairs. It is an intense moisturizer that will work better than commercial serums anytime.
- Using fresh yogurt on your hair will make them fuzz-free over time. It is one of the best natural moisturizers that make hair healthy and moisturized from the roots.
- A little bit of honey in your regular hair mask will help you combat your flyaway issue successfully. The humectant properties of the ingredient are great to upkeep the health of the hair.
- Massaging a little almond oil to your hair will keep it flyaway-free. This super nourishing oil locks moisture in the shafts, thereby making your mane soft and shiny.
- Protein-rich egg white combined with a tablespoon of fresh lemon juice can work as a highly effective remedy for fuzzies.
- A dollop of mayonnaise can easily keep your flyaways away. Being an amazing natural moisturizer, it can nourish both your scalp and your locks in order to make them soft and manageable.
- Rinse your hair with apple cider vinegar at least once every week to say ‘no’ to flyaways. The antioxidants present in the ingredient will provide enough hydration to keep your mane healthy.
- Apply a thin layer of pure petroleum jelly to your flyaways. This will not only prevent moisture loss but also make your locks smooth and silky.
- Last but not the least; puncture a vitamin E capsule and apply the entire content to your hair. Following this natural treatment twice a week will reduce frustrating flyaways by minimizing moisture loss and giving a major hydration boost.
Also Read – Frizzy And Tangled Hair? Make Your Own Homemade Hairspray Here
When there is no commercial or natural remedy handy but you need to fix your fuzzies immediately, just slather on some face or body lotion and apply the leftover on your hands to your hair.
Including one or more of these simple remedies in your daily hair care routine will help you reap the biggest benefits. So, are you ready for a fuzz-free hairdo?
Image Credit – Featured, 1, 2