When it comes to taking care of our skin, most of us depend on pricey cosmetics that are loaded with chemical compounds. But there are lots of natural ingredients lying around us, which are not only amazing for our skin but also quite inexpensive. Calamansi is one of them. If you are yet to learn about this magic fruit and its beauty benefits, let us help you:
What is Calamansi or Calamondin?
Calamansi (Citrofortunella Microcarp), commonly called Calamondin or ‘Golden Lime’, is a plant from the Rutaceae family, which is widely used in sauces, dips, beverages and seasonings. The tree with Chinese origin is known to have purplish-white flowers and small, round lime-like citrus fruits. The rind of this fruit is spongy in texture, while the pulp is absolutely juicy and is divided into multiple sections. It is the fruits of Calamansi, which are used in skincare for a smooth flawless appearance.
Also Read – ‘Lemon’ – The ‘Magic Fruit’ to Get a Perfect Flawless Skin Here
What are the Benefits of Using Calamansi in Skincare?
But what are advantages of using Calamansi on our skin? How these small citrus fruits can give us an enviable complexion? Let us explain:
- Calamansi is an excellent natural source of antioxidant vitamin C. It is highly effective in fighting against the free radicals that cause oxidative damages to our body. Consequently, we can avoid developing various signs of aging like fine lines, wrinkles, age spots, etc., thereby keeping aging at bay.
- Being a citrus fruit, Calamansi plays a key role in lightening the darkened skin. It has strong acid content, which works directly on the dark spots, rejuvenates the cells present in that area and turns them into whiter or clearer ones. In other words, it acts as a natural bleaching agent for our skin.
- Calamansi is a powerful natural exfoliator. As said previously, it has strong acid content, which helps in removing the uppermost layer of dead skin cells and reveal the fresh layer of cells lying underneath it. Therefore, we get a soft, smooth and visibly glowing skin.
- Calamansi is a wonderful deodorizer. If you sweat a lot and it makes you smell like hell, this fruit can help you keep your armpits dry so that you can enjoy your whole-day in an odor-free manner.
Also Read – Being Beautiful: Amazing Beauty Benefits of Jackfruit Here
How to Use Calamansi in Skincare?
Now, here are the ways to include Calamansi in your daily skincare regimen. Start with cutting the fruit into two halves and removing its seeds carefully. The next step can be any of the following ones:
- Rub the fruit halves all over your body focusing on comparatively darker parts like elbows and knees. If you have dark spots or older scars, you should scrub the juice on those sections too. Take a shower or wash off with lukewarm water after half an hour.
- Squeeze out the fresh juice of Calamansi and a dip a small cotton ball into it. Now, apply it on the dark spots of your face, wait for 10 minutes and then rinse off with lukewarm water.
- Add 1 teaspoon of Calamansi juice to 2 tablespoons of milk and apply this mixture all over your face and body. Wash off after 5 to 10 minutes with lukewarm water.
However, the acidic nature of Calamansi may cause stinging or burning sensation if used daily on the skin. So, practice this twice or thrice a week and you will get your desired results easily.