Summer is the season of fruits! So many tempting choices of fruits we have to eat, and then why not give some fruity treat to our skin and hair as well? Well, that’s right and when we already know the benefits of most of the common fruits, the one fruit that has a lot of benefits but are less known until now are Pears. Pears are a juicy fruit, delicious and with many benefits for health, skin as well as hair.
Let us see in detail know about the skin and hair benefits that pears have:
Skin benefits of pear:
1. Moisturizes the skin: Pears is very good moisturizer. Pears are equally good for oily as well as dry skin. Pears are basically natural humectants; they store water naturally thereby retaining the natural moisture in the skin. That explains the reason of pears being the main ingredient in most of the moisturizing lotions. If pears are consumed on regular basis then you can get a smooth and even skin.
Also Read – Choosing a Moisturizer for Combination Skin
2. To prevent wrinkles: If you include pears in your regular diet then you can slow down the aging process. Pears are full of Vitamin C, which makes it a good antioxidant, apart from that it has copper and Vitamin K as well. Pears help in toning the skin and thus preventing the formation of fine lines that turns into wrinkles later.
3. As a scrub: Pears has several natural enzymes that qualify it to be a great scrub. Pears will help you get rid of dead cells that are usually found in the superficial layer of your skin. All you got to do is just mash up the pulp of pear and mix it with some oatmeal and water to make it in a paste form. Then apply the scrub on the face and exfoliate your skin with this super pear scrub.
4. To prevent the skin damage: Consuming pears daily also helps in keeping the skin damage free and making it soft and smooth. Pears contain dietary fibers that help it to achieve it. Pears decelerate the discharge of sugar into the bloodstream and thus stop the damage of skin collagen which is generally caused due to frequent sugar spikes.
5. To treat acne: Acne-prone skin gets the maximum benefits from pears. Pears contains high levels of vital vitamins as well as essential minerals. Pears help in boosting the immunity and make us internally strong. As a consequence the skin becomes strong enough to fight against pimple, acne as well as other kind of skin infections.
Benefits of pears for your hair
1. Controls dryness: Pears as mentioned earlier has moisturizing property, hence it works its magic on the hair too. It also contains loads of Vitamin C, that is a natural antioxidant and it helps to conditioning the hair by nourishing the hair cells. To make natural hair conditioner with pear, take pears, peel it and cut it into small slices and put it in water in a container and then cover it. Shake well and then strain it. Use this liquid on the hair, massage it and rinse it.
2. Restores the shine of the hair: If you want to add that shine to your dull and damaged hair, then pears is what you need! For that, you have to make a pear mask and to make that you need to mix 1 ripe pear with 2 spoons of apple cider vinegar as well as water. This pack makes sure your hair gets that shine it needs and removes the dullness of the hair.
3. To nourish your hair and keep it healthy: Pears are used as hair products mainly because they nourish the hair well. It contains vitamin E which is essential to make the hair glossy and healthy. It deep conditions the hair providing it maximum nourishment thus keeps it healthy.