Lately, hair loss has become a critical issue all around the world. With more and more people are experiencing severe hair fall, lots of brands are coming up with so-called ‘effective’ hair loss products and treatments. But when it comes to taking care of our skin and hair, it is always good to rely on the Mother Nature as commercial products loaded with chemical substances can do more harm than good. Rosemary oil is one such herbal remedy for hair loss that can give us amazing results without any negative effect. To know how this natural cure can shun hair fall safely, go through rest of the article:
About Rosemary Oil
Rosemary oil is distilled from the green thin needle-like leaves of the herb Rosmarinus Officinalis. The oil with a strong minty-balsamic aroma has long been known for its nutritional, healing and vitalizing properties. According to experts, rosemary oil possesses antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties that are great for our scalp and hair. It also has antioxidant, analgesic, stimulating, restorative, digestive and carminative qualities, which make it one of the most beneficial herbs for our overall health.
Also Read – Rosemary Seeds- For Healthy and Long Hair Here
Hair Benefits Of Rosemary Oil
The use of rosemary oil for various hair issues has been very common in the Mediterranean countries. Before we dig deeper into how the oil can be used to treat hair loss, let’s have a look at all the hair benefits offered by it:
- Rosemary oil contains certain compound named ursolic acid, which boosts scalp circulation and eventually increases the supply of nutrients as well as oxygen to the hair follicles. As a result of this, the growth of hair is stimulated significantly.
- The oil helps in nourishing our scalp and the hair fibers. It Is essential for the healthy growth of hair and getting rid of dry, flaky scalp.
- It is high in antioxidants, which combat free radical damages and neutralize the bad effects of hydrogen peroxide. These help in preventing premature graying. The oil is also known to be capable of darkening the hair strands that have already turned gray.
- Rosemary oil can eliminate the yeast Candida Albicans from our scalp due to its antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties, thereby treating itchiness, irritation, and dandruff successfully.
- It is also quite effective in cleansing the scalp by eliminating the follicle-clogging bacteria gently.
- Studies have also found that rosemary oil can bring back the lost shine and bounce of dull lifeless mane by invigorating it perfectly.
Also Read – Rosemary Essential Oil – Health Benefits Here
How To Use Rosemary Oil For Hair Loss
There are more than a few ways to use rosemary oil for treating hair loss. You can massage it directly into the scalp or combine it with your favorite shampoo or conditioner for an effective hair rinse. But whatever procedure you follow, make sure that you are consistent enough. Here are 3 most common methods of applying rosemary essential oil to the scalp and hair:
- Hot Oil Treatment
In a small mixing bowl, pour 3 tablespoons of a carrier oil (olive oil is the best choice) and add 12-15 drops of rosemary essential to it. Take some water in a medium-sized container and put the bowl on it. Now, place the container over heat. Once the oil warms up, take it out of the heat and apply all over your scalp and down the length of your hair. Massage the scalp gently by moving your fingertips in small circles. Do it for 10-15 minutes and then, wrap all your hair with a warm towel. You can either keep it overnight or wash your hair after an hour or so. Practice the entire procedure once or twice every week and you will see a considerable reduction in your hair fall as well as regrowth of hair.
Also Read – How To Use Curd For Reducing Hair Loss
- Direct Scalp Massage
Pour 2-3 tablespoons of carrier oil (like olive oil or jojoba oil) in a small mixing bowl and add 10-12 drops of rosemary essential oil to it. Apply the oil blend to your scalp directly and start massaging with your fingertips. You must be very gently throughout the massage and use only small circular motions. Continue it for 5-10 minutes and then let it sit for next half an hour. Finally, wash off with lukewarm water. It is even better to massage your scalp with rosemary oil blend before going to bed and leave it overnight. If followed regularly, this method can promote stop hair fall and promote hair growth to a great extent.
- Combining With Products
You can even mix rosemary oil up with your favorite shampoo or conditioner and use it regularly on your hair. All you need to do is to add 10-12 drops of the oil to 1 ounce of your chosen product and apply to your scalp or hair as needed.
However, rosemary oil should not be used in pregnancy, high blood pressure, epilepsy, and children under 4 years. A patch test right before the application of the oil can also help you avoid any sort of allergic reaction.