It is said that ‘Prevention is better than cure’. And when it comes to maintaining healthy hairs on our eyebrows, the proverb becomes even more true. It is much easier to prevent your eyebrow hairs from falling out than growing them back after a rapid loss. We certainly can’t do anything about the eyebrow hair loss caused by our natural aging process, but slowing it down is possible just by tweaking a few habits and practices. Find here the ways:
Follow A Well-Balanced Diet
The first and foremost thing that you need to reconsider is your diet. Try to eat a perfectly balanced diet that will nourish the roots of hair in your eyebrows and make them too strong to fall out easily. Here are some choices for you:
Also Read – DIY: How to Shape Your Eyebrows With Tweezers Here
- Lots of fresh fruits (oranges, kiwis, melons), berries (blueberries, strawberries), leafy greens (spinach, parsley), and colorful vegetables (tomatoes, bell peppers, broccoli, carrots) that are enriched with vitamins like A, C, D, and E – at least 5 servings of small portions throughout the day
- Vitamin B-rich (especially biotin) foods like whole grains, leafy green veggies, chicken liver, egg yolks, soy flour, yeast, etc., and even supplements (if needed)
- Foods high in lean proteins, such as meat, fish (fatty ones like the sardine, salmon, herring, trout, etc. are the best), eggs, legumes, beans, nuts, tofu, etc.
- Plenty of foods that are loaded with omega-3 fatty acids including walnuts, avocados, pumpkin seeds etc.
- Enough iron from leafy greens, lean meats, eggs, fish, dry fruits, lentils, nuts, seeds, soybeans, and so forth
- Foods containing high levels of sulfur, such as Brazil nuts, soybeans, lean meats, fish, eggs, sesame seeds, leafy green veggies, etc.
- Silica-rich foods like oats, bananas, raisins, beer, and so on
- Around 2.5 liters of daily fluid (primarily water) intake
Also Read – Top 10 Ways To Get Thick Eyebrows Here
Try Effective Home Remedies
While a balanced diet is necessary for reinforcing the eyebrow hair roots from inside, the importance of external care can also not be ignored for averting the fall of the shafts. There are quite a few effective home remedies that will help you put a stop to it:
- Moisturize your eyebrow hairs twice every day – once in the morning and once at night – after washing the face thoroughly. Take 1-2 drops of pure coconut oil onto your fingertips and massage it into your eyebrow to ensure that the hair shafts get enough protein and stay supple yet strong for a longer time.
- Warm up (1/2) teaspoon of pure castor oil and apply it to your eyebrows by using a Q-tip. Being a natural hair strengthening and regrowing ingredient, it will take care of your brow hairs.
- Overplucking your eyebrows may lead to permanent loss of hairs in them. Too much tweezing has been found to cause damages to the hair follicles, which prevents the shafts from growing back in a natural way. Hence, stay away from overplucking and learn how to shape eyebrows like a pro. Sometimes using a pair of dirty tweezers for eyebrow shaping causes bacterial infections in our eyebrows. This can be avoided by cleaning the pair of tweezers with alcohol before each use.
Also Read – White Hairs in Eyebrows – The Reasons and Remedies Here
Make Some Lifestyle Changes
Preventing eyebrow hair loss is not all about taking right foods or following home remedies. You need to change some of your habits that are affecting the life cycles of your eyebrow hairs and making them fall out before time. Know what you actually need to do:
- Try to reduce your stress level as much as possible. Be it physical stress or emotional stress, put your efforts in keeping it under control by working out, practicing meditation, or performing yoga every day for at least 20 minutes. These will help you relieve stress and calm down your mind remarkably.
- Say ‘NO’ to smoking. When it comes to checking the loss of hair on your eyebrows, avoiding the chemical or tobacco smoke is essential. Try to avoid all sorts of triggers and use patches if necessary.
- Restrict yourself from using lots and lots of makeup on your eyebrows as you might end up damaging them while beautifying. It is always good to use eyebrow pencils, eyebrow tints, and eyebrow dyes less frequently and without putting too much pressure.
Also Read – 7 Simple Steps to fill in your Sparse Eyebrows Here
Some More Handy Tips
Last but not the least; always stay under doctor’s supervision in order to identify and diagnose health issues that may affect your eyebrows over time. We tell you how:
- Keep a close eye on your hormonal activities. Heavy menstruation, pregnancy, menopause, etc. might cause abnormal hormonal changes in your body leading to eyebrow hair loss.
- Try to stabilize your blood sugar levels as uncontrolled diabetes often triggers hair loss on eyebrows.
- If you see a sudden loss of hair on your eyebrows right after starting a new beauty product or medication, stop using that immediately and consult your physician.
You may also start taking supplements for preventing your brow hairs from falling out. But make sure that it is prescribed by a professional in order to avoid any adverse side effect.