Rosy or pink lips are seductive, beautiful and appealing. Unfortunately, many women are haunted by the problem of dark lips. Two leading reasons behind dark lips are smoking and excessive use of cosmetic products. Luckily you can fall back on Mother Nature for some quick solutions to the dark lips problem. These home remedies are not magical and it will take some time to make your lips vibrant again.
- Mix lemon juice, honey and glycerin and apply a thin layer on your lips every night before going to bed. Leave overnight and wash off in the morning. Glycerin helps to moisturize your lips. Lemon juice helps to exfoliate and nourish the lips while honey helps to nourish the lips and give it a pinkish glow.
- You can also massage your lips with some yogurt twice every day in the morning and evening. This will help to lighten the lips make them vibrant over time.
- Beetroot juice is a natural bleach. You can crush some fresh beetroot every day and apply the juice. Leave overnight and wash off in the morning.
- Apple cider vinegar is another stain remover that helps to lighten the dark lips. However, because the vinegar is somewhat corrosive in nature, you must use it during the day and leave it for 10-15 minutes and wash off properly. Never use it for overnight application. Also read our post on “Health Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar” here.
- Combine some turmeric powder with milk cream or fresh lime. Apply the paste on your lips and leave for 10-15 minutes and wash off properly. You can use this paste 2-3 times a day.
- Create a paste with petroleum jelly and one tablespoon of strawberry juice. Apply the paste on your lips at night and wash off in the morning. You can also use the paste a couple of times more throughout the day. Petroleum jelly moisturizes the lips and strawberry juice helps to naturally lighten the lips and make them pink.
- Every night before you go to bed, massage your lips with almond oil for 15 minutes. Don’t wash off your lips. Leave the oil overnight and wash off in the morning. You can also soak almonds in milk cream through the night and make a paste by grinding the almonds in the morning. Apply the paste every night or twice every day to naturally make your lips pink again.
- Clarified butter or ghee can naturally make your lips pink. Simply massage your lips with ghee for a few minutes before you go to bed and leave overnight. Thoroughly wash your lips in the morning.
- Cucumber juice is another effective product that can be used to lighten your dark lips. Crush some fresh cucumber and extract the juice. Apply it daily using a cotton bud. You can also leave it overnight.
- Consuming milk or applying milk on lips every day using a cotton bud will also work great. Because milk contains lactic acid known for its whitening effects, it will gradually help to reduce the darkness of lips. Do remember that if you are lactose allergic, milk should not be used without proper doctor’s advice.
- Papaya and pineapple can also help you to get rosy or pink soft lips. In case of papaya, you will need the peel. Make a paste using the peel and apply on your lip. Leave for 30 minutes or more and then rinse off. You can add some pineapple pulp along with the papaya peel to make the paste for better effects.
Avoid These –
- Try to stop smoking if you want your lips to be naturally pink. Cigarettes and tobacco are anyway not good for your overall health.
- Reduce coffee and tea consumption as much as possible. They are also culprits behind dark lips.
- Drink a lot of water (not more than 3 liters a day) and eat fresh fruits as much as possible. This will help to keep your lips hydrated and soft and help to reduce the darkness.
Getting rid of dark lips is not difficult but it takes a lot of determination and patience. Good Luck!