Nowadays, sleek straight hair is totally in fashion. From getting permanent straight locks by undergoing a super expensive chemical straightening treatment at a reputed salon to investing in the top quality hair straightening iron for making the hair look straighter whenever needed, today’s women have no shortage of choices to go sleek and stylish. But have you ever tried all-natural homemade hair packs to turn your dry and frizzy hair silky straight? If not, this is the time to give it a try. Homemade hair straightening packs may not give you great results instantly, but you are bound to be impressed after a few weeks of usage! So, here are why homemade hair straightening packs are a better choice for you and 4 simple DIY recipes to try out.
Why Use Homemade Hair Straightening Packs?
Straightening your locks using a DIY pack can benefit you in several ways. Before you start wondering what the fuss is all about, here are why you should give it a try:
- Well, it’s a no-brainer that homemade packs are made with all-natural ingredients. Therefore, we neither need to treat our hair with harsh chemicals nor expose it to damaging heat to make it straight.
- The ingredients used in most homemade packs are readily available and can be processed into a fantastic straightening remedy the cheapest way possible. It means there is no need to spend a hole in your pocket.
- The hair-friendly ingredients used in these homemade packs can take care of your hair from all aspects. Though they are meant for making the straighter, you will wonder how softer, smoother, silkier, and healthier it will look!
Also Read – Vega Flair VHSH-01 Flat Hair Straightener Review
4 Simple Homemade Hair Straightening Packs
Indulge in these luscious and straightforward DIY hair packs, and your hair will turn much better as well as straighter over time. Here we go:
1. Banana And Yogurt Pack
- 1 ripe mashed banana
- 2 tbsps of yogurt
- 2 tbsps of olive oil
- 1 vitamin E capsule
Mix all the ingredients well to form a smooth paste of medium consistency. Make sure that there is no lump of banana. Now, apply the pack all over your scalp and the length of your hair with the help of a hair coloring brush. Use a wide-tooth comb to comb the pack through the hair nicely, tie all your locks up into a bun, and seal it with a shower cap to prevent spillage. Wash it off with lukewarm water and mild shampoo after an hour.
How It Works:
Both banana and yogurt will deeply nourish and moisturize the hair, while olive oil and vitamin E condition it intensively to keep the frizz under control. As a cumulative effect, the hair fibers will stand comparatively straighter naturally.
Also Read – Straighten Natural Curly Hair Without Heat
2. Egg And Banana Pack
The ingredients need to be mixed well, ensuring no lump at all. It will form a frothy mixture of medium consistency. Apply it all over your scalp and comb it through your hair. Next, tie your hair up and cover it with a shower cap. Leave it for an hour and rinse off later with a mild shampoo.
How It Works:
The egg white in this pack makes the hair stronger and silkier by fortifying each strand efficiently. Banana nourishes hair to make it softer and smoother. Finally, olive oil and honey keep it moisturized to remain straight and tamed quickly.
Also Read – How To Use A Straightening Iron Without Damaging Hair
3. Coconut Milk Pack
- Freshly extracted coconut milk
Get a cup of freshly extracted coconut milk and apply it to your scalp. Massage gently with your fingertips by following a small circular motion while working it slowly into the root of your hair as well as along its length. Cover your hair with a shower cap and let the hair strands dry. Then, rinse with lukewarm water and a mild shampoo.
How It Works:
The nutrients in coconut milk are great for the health of the hair and fabulous for its texture. Regular application of this simple pack will nourish, moisturize, and condition your hair fibers profoundly, thereby turning them softer, smoother, and straighter. Apart from making the hair manageable, coconut milk improves its overall health and promotes its growth significantly.
4. Banana And Avocado Pack
- 1 ripe banana
- (1/2) of a ripe avocado
Mash both ingredients together to form a smooth, uniform paste of thick consistency. Just apply this pack all over your scalp and hair thoroughly and leave it on for an hour. If you wish, you can massage the pack gently into your scalp for 3-4 minutes. Finally, rinse off with a mild shampoo and lukewarm water.
How It Works:
Both avocado and banana are rich in healthy fats, which help nourish the hair strands and make them healthier. Moreover, the pack helps condition the hair deeply, making it smoother, sleeker, and more manageable.
A Few Hair Straightening Tips…
- Try to find a gentle shampoo that is specifically made for straight hair. It will enhance the impact of your hair pack.
- Pick an ultra-absorbent towel that will absorb the maximum moisture from your locks as fast as possible.
- Once you are done with towel-drying, keep brushing your hair now and then with a wide-tooth comb until it becomes completely dry.
- If you need to blow-dry your hair, turn on the cold air setting on your hairdryer and go heat-free for a sleek mane.
Did You Know?
Both hair straightening irons and chemical hair straightening treatments alter the texture and appearance of our hair strands by breaking down the protein bonds present in them. This can eventually damage our hair as it takes a toll on its natural structure.
Also Read – Why Use Brahmi Powder for Hair? Benefits, Applications, and Important Tips