There are lip balms. There are lip glosses. And then, there are lip oils. Yes, ‘lip oils’ are a thing now and you simply cannot overlook this sweet-n-cute lip sensation. In fact, just when you thought you had removed ‘oils’ from your beauty closet successfully, this latest fad is making you go question yourself. But what actually are lip oils? Why should you move over your matte lips or leave your HG lip balm and switch to them? Are these ‘oils for lips’ worthy for your pout? Well, ladies, we can understand your concerns and hence, we have come up with this post. Keep reading:
What Are Lip Oils?
Lip oils are a stylish, refined, and upgraded version of the sweet and sticky lip glosses that took the beauty world by storm during the ’90s and early ’00s. Though a lip oil is basically a cross between a nourishing lip balm and a luxurious lip gloss, the product is quite different from others. It is infused with skin-friendly essential oils that keep the lips super moisturized while bright pigments present in the product give lips an intense color.
Also Read – DIY – Yummy Vanilla Lip Scrub Recipes You’ll Fall In Love With Here
The unique formulation of lip oil binds the molecules of oil and pigment together (instead of their natural properties of repelling each other), which ensures that the product spreads evenly, moisturizes and rejuvenates the lips, adapts to the actual tone of the lips, becomes vibrant over time, gives high shine, does not feel sticky, and lasts long. In short, it is an amazing lip treatment that makes our lips stay healthy and look beautiful simultaneously.
Goodness Of Lip Oils
Even though lip oils produce a super pigmented finish, most of us are eager to know how they take care of problematic lips and outshine other moisturizing lip products like lip balms and lip butter. Well, lips are one of the most delicate parts of our body. They do not even have oil glands like all other body parts do. Hence, it tends to get dry, chapped and cracked faster. Here comes the importance of lip oils. They promise an easy and mess-free application by gliding on the lips smoothly and uniformly. Following is a list of goodness offered by lip oils:
- Comes packed with super healthful as well as highly moisturizing ingredients that provide extreme nourishment and intense moisturization to lips
- Prevents lips from getting dry and flaky by creating a barrier against the drying factors associated with environment
- Plumps up lips and makes them smoother by boosting hydration to a great extent
- Provides excellent hydration and rejuvenation to our lips even in the toughest situations where lip balms and lip butters do not work
- Increases the moisture content of lips and improves their texture with every application
Also Read – 10 Best Lakme Lip Glosses for All Budgets Here
Different Types Of Lip Oils
Lip oils can be categorized the following way:
- Natural Lip Oils
As we said earlier, lip oils use a number of skin-loving oils as their main ingredients and these oils can also be used on the lips directly. Some of these natural lip oils are jojoba oil, olive oil, argan oil, sweet almond oil, coconut oil, peppermint oil, chia seed oil, macademia nut oil, and so on.
- Synthetic Lip Oils
Typically, natural lip oils are combined with vitamin E oil and natural fruit fragrances to prepare synthetic lip oils. Apart from fruity essential oils, commercially available lip oils can also contain a number of other healthy and beneficial components to deliver a beautiful shiny color to our lips while sealing the moisture into them in a grease-free way.
How To Use Lip Oils?
Start with exfoliating your lips gently. Apply a natural homemade lip scrub or your favorite commercial lip exfoliator and scrub the dead skin cells off your lip surface with the help of a soft clean tissue or towel. Apply a coat of lip oil by rolling the tube on your lips and you are good to go. Use it twice every day or anytime you need. You can also use lip oil as an overnight lip treatment.
Also Read – Most Unbelievably Cool Lip Liners to Try Out Here
Why Should You Try Lip Oils?
While we are clean bowled over the intense moisturizing capacity of lips oils, there are quite a lot of other reasons to fall in love with these tiny lip wonders. Have a look at them:
- A great product for chronically dry and chapped lips.
- Keeps lips smooth, hydrated, and moisturized for long.
- Improves the health and texture of lips from within.
- Combines the benefits of lip balm / lip butter and lip gloss in a single product.
- Does not leave a greasy or sticky feeling behind after application.
- Makes the lips look shiny and lustrous.
- Available in a wide variety of shades, fragrances, coverage, and sizes.
- Color does not fade away over time (no need of touch-ups from time to time).
- Glides on the lips smoothly and easily.
- A little goes a long way.
- Suits any kind of budget.
So, do you have the ‘holy’ tube of lip oil in your bag?